which part of the fish good for baby?

jelly8122

I went to the market and the fishmonger recommended the threadfin belly, but my baby vomited maybe it is too stinky. I used to buy the mid body part for my baby and he likes it. Is it the fishmonger recommended the wrong part?

I went to the market and the fishmonger recommended the threadfin belly, but my baby vomited maybe it is too stinky. I used to buy the mid body part for my baby and he likes it. Is it the fishmonger recommended the wrong part?
if your baby don't like it, change back using threadfin fillet. The most important thing is your baby willingness to eat, no point giving the best fish if baby don't like it :) But normally we use fillet to cook, so far not sure about belly, belly might be a little oiler which smell and taste might be bad.

Alternatively, you can also choose to cook salmon but whether your baby likes or not, it is a trial and error issue :)

missyqiqi

Normally I give my girl the fish head meat because that area is no bone, the meat is super tender and also not much fishy smell compare to other parts of the body. I'm a fish lover, so i know how to eat the fish head clean including the collagen part i also pass it to my girl.

belly is because of the collagen and some nutrients, but bad thing is it does smell so what u can do is try to put ginger and those teochew steam fish like to put the sour plum (meant for fish), squeeze it and stuff it inside together with the ginger in the tummy also when steam. But if one is very sensative to smell, it still stinks. So no need to be too upset about it. Fish tail is also good esp boiled with soup.

just like what ilovebbdylan mentioned, just trial and error with different fish and cooking method. it will be good. :)