Which piano to buy???

mumsietay

Wah, she gave you so many options!

Ours only gave me 2 - U1 or U3,both made in Jap models.
Wah...U1 and U3 both super expensive. How about U1J? Is it good?

Funny lor, I thot all pianos are basically the same thing. Got same number of black and white keys that produces sound, that's all.. :p But looking at the price differential, it's really huge! Can the different pianos really sound so very different? *scratch head*....:err:

Last edited:

camom

Funny , I thot all pianos are basically the same thing. Got same number of black and white keys that produces sound, that's all.. :p But looking at the price differential, it's really huge! Can the different pianos really sound so very different? *scratch head*....:err:
Bcos the 2 are made-in-jap models, tat's why the cost is higher. Not very sure abt U1J though. But the technology shouldn' differ that much.

Not all pianos are the same & sound the same, even the same model. Ya, they look the same but the way it's made will have slight differences in the brightness of the sounds produced when the keys are played. Then the type of wood used could be different for different models. The keys will also be different, like U1, the keys are lighter compared to European models.

Fiona73

Funny , I thot all pianos are basically the same thing. Got same number of black and white keys that produces sound, that's all.. :p But looking at the price differential, it's really huge! Can the different pianos really sound so very different? *scratch head*....:err:
U1J is the same model as U1 except is made in Indonesia. Piano price vary because of the material, technology as well as the height. It affect the music quality. That's what I was told.

Ask for demo before you decide. Is an expensive investment especially there is only 1 "uncertain" player. :)

mumsietay

U1J is the same model as U1 except is made in Indonesia. Piano price vary because of the material, technology as well as the height. It affect the music quality. That's what I was told.

Ask for demo before you decide. Is an expensive investment especially there is only 1 "uncertain" player. :)
I see.... I happened to read the reviews on the U1J in some forums saying that the U1J sound is quite bad.....dunno how true it is though cos I haven't gone to the shops to hear for myself yet. As I dun play hte piano, maybe i won't be so discerning enough to catch the difference.

Are there any other good second hand piano shops in singapore? Didn't manage to call through to Shelley cos the number listed on the internet is invalid liao... :p

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Was informed by the sch today that dd's group class will progress to individual lessons from Jul... sian half... have to start arranging for scheduled slots... and plan to get the standing piano... hmmm....

camom

Daddy D, try to get 1 that is at least 120cm tall, otherwise known as exam model :) . The sound is better.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Daddy D, try to get 1 that is at least 120cm tall, otherwise known as exam model :) . The sound is better.
hmmm... not all same height one ahh??? chimmm....
isit one of the models listed in the earlier post?
Dun tell me it's the $8K one horrr... a bit over lahh... spend so much $$ on a "toy" for dd... *faint*

camom

hmmm... not all same height one ahh??? chimmm....
isit one of the models listed in the earlier post?
dont tell me it's the $8K one horrr... a bit over lahh... spend so much $$ on a "toy" for dear daughter... *faint*
Nope, not all same height, the taller the piano, the better the sound. The 8K one is 121cm. the $10K one is 131cm if I didn't remember wrongly.

Swimtutor

Alpha Male
The higher the piano, the clearer the bass sound. If you do not mind spending abit more for a better quality sound. Yamaha UE series is a good buy.

Oh yes... in case you need a piano tuner, you can look for me too. :)

shiyi

if my girl starts learning at 3yo when is the suitable age of buying a piano?
its ok to buy a 2nd cheap one at 1st right

Penguin Daddy

Alpha Male
my 6 yo kid been learning piano thru keyboard for 2 years. was told that she need to go for exam in next july. was recommed by the teacher to get her a exam piano, either yamaha u1 and above and kawai brand.

I was quoted 4200 for a 30 year old U3, dun know the market price. anyone can advise if this pricing ok? it come with 5 years warranty and free delivery. also went to chritofori warehouse. found that their brand christofori and pearl river price are very good. almost half the price of yahama. if these two brand good?

camom

my 6 yo kid been learning piano thru keyboard for 2 years. was told that she need to go for exam in next july. was recommed by the teacher to get her a exam piano, either yamaha u1 and above and kawai brand.

I was quoted 4200 for a 30 year old U3, dont know the market price. anyone can advise if this pricing ok? it come with 5 years warranty and free delivery. also went to chritofori warehouse. found that their brand christofori and pearl river price are very good. almost half the price of yahama. if these two brand good?

Don't buy Pearl River. It's not a very gd piano.

camom

I am not familiar with Cristofori pianos. My suggestion is to find someone who knows pianos to go with you for selection.

Daddy D

Alpha Male

I was quoted 4200 for a 30 year old U3, dont know the market price. anyone can advise if this pricing ok? it come with 5 years warranty and free delivery. also went to chritofori warehouse. found that their brand christofori and pearl river price are very good. almost half the price of yahama. if these two brand good?

30 year old piano still worth $4200?????
:err::err::err::err::err::err:
I think 30 year old car also dun worth that much....

Penguin Daddy

Alpha Male
i still consider . hmm... any one know where can get a kawai k3 used piano? new one selling at 7980. after surfing the net, it seem that u1 offer a 'sharper' sound than kawai.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
so its advised to let kids play on keyboard when they just started to learn?
Less investment bahh... unless u already have piano.
Tat day my dd use her little toy piano... also can play same music as her keyboard... so cute :)