Which steriliser should I buy?

summert

Hi, i have just joined mummysg yesterday.

I would like to gather more info on which brand of steriliser i should buy. Currently, there are 2 brands which i am deciding on. Either pigeon or avent. I heard that avent is easy to use but pigeon can fit all types of bottles etc.

Pls help. Thank you! :embarrassed:

LoVeS

It depends on ur budget n aso ur own preference. If u wan cheap BUT sterilizer dun look so nice then buy pigeon IF u wan nice looking ones BUT slightly more ex then buy Avent lor.

Actually both pigeon n avent aso can fit in most milk bottles. I bought avent one but my bottles r pigeon ones.

trulyjava

Hi Summert, Conservatively you could wash the bottles and do normal boiling in pot. Get a bit pot can fit all the bottles and teats that will do. That what we do in nurseries in hospital. After boiling pick it up with a tongs ( could by a tong only for bottles) and but a bottle hanger to air dry it. All you need to wash your hands before making milk. Hope this tips are useful.

Lina,
Mummy of 3 :)

weishy

Hi i agree it depends on ur budget,usually no need to use it after 6 months.If there's a space constraint as well as $....then boiling will be much better,needs some time though but only like 5 mins :)

MIne's tommy tippee which is 2nd hand,works well and still working but not using now since she's on solids already...just simple boiling(to play safe la).

-SRI-

erm, normal boiling would be good? the bottles wont melt or cause any toxic thingy, perfectly safe! we mommies' generation lived with that, i dont see why our precious babes cant :] did normal boiling for the older 2, the 2 arriving, i will be boiling if needed too! cheapest and least troublesome way.

tt wat i did for my niece... nw she's 1yr 6mths n i still did tt..... traditional way...:001_302:

Boiling is still the best. Cheap and good. Buy a big pot!
If you do not clean your streilizer properly there will be mould growing on it.

tckoh

Alpha Male
I use a bought a $20 food steamer from Carefour and has been using it to sterilise all my milk bottles.

Found that it is the cheapest in terms of initial cost, and it is very easy to clean and maintain.

January84

Hi, i have just joined mummysg yesterday.

I would like to gather more info on which brand of steriliser i should buy. Currently, there are 2 brands which i am deciding on. Either pigeon or avent. I heard that avent is easy to use but pigeon can fit all types of bottles etc.

Pls help. Thank you! :embarrassed:
I am using Pigeon brand, and i clean my sterlizer once a week with white vineger.

jojoki

lindam is good quick easy to use and can sterilize any size bottles... on offer no think $79

oblong

I am using Pigeon brand, and i clean my sterlizer once a week with white vineger.
mummyjan, how much vinegar did you use to clean to sterilizer? how many parts water to how many parts vinegar? i'm currently using the citric acid given by avent but it's running out le.....

i will recommend avent i think is good..
compare both pigeon and avent
but if u need a milk/food warmer and dont wish to get another device... you can consider pigeon!
they have one 2 in 1 sterilizer ;)
if u plan to have 2nd, 3rd or even 4th child i think investing in one sterilizer is good :)