Which stroller is good for infant ?

Hi,

I am a first time mommy here
Looking to buy a good stroller for my baby
may i know which stroller is good for infant and above
i like the quinny buzz 2011 and combi miracle as it come with infant car seat and also can be recline 180 degree (However its a bit pricey and i hope to know if it worth the money)

Or any other good suggestion on good stroller.
Thank you

polopolo

Hi,

I am a first time mommy here
Looking to buy a good stroller for my baby
may i know which stroller is good for infant and above
i like the quinny buzz 2011 and combi miracle as it come with infant car seat and also can be recline 180 degree (However its a bit pricey and i hope to know if it worth the money)

Or any other good suggestion on good stroller.
Thank you
Hi, I am using quinny buzz 2008.

The pros of this stroller - very comfy cushion, can recline 180 degrees which my son was able to sleep for 2-3 hours, stylish, sturdy wheels, can attach or detach a maxi-cosi, can use up to 4 yr old... My son is 3 yr old this yr, we are still using...;)

Cons - (abt 15kg), if u are usualy using the stroller without hubby ard den it will be rather heavy, bulky after u fold, will take up more boot space..

Hope it helps!!

bleeeee

is there a specific model you are looking for?

think alot of people go to baby kingdom at ubi? i bought mine from mothercare at marina sq coz the staff was more friendly than the staff at motherworks

Which are the best shops to buy from? Can you guys reccomend some shops?

my MIL recently got me one as a gift. i gave her my mothercare voucher (can't remember if its 15% or 20%) and she bought me a peg perego pliko p3 compact, which hubby and i were originally planning to buy. we fell in love with it because its very sturdy, easy to push around and can recline to a comfortable position for newborn. it also folds umbrella-style and can stand on its on when folded. i never liked the quinny models because although it claims to fold really compact, the seat doesn't fold along with it. the "compact fold" that they market typically only applies to the frame of the stroller.

oh and take note that not everything at the baby stores in kaki bukit are cheap. good to go if there's a sale, else you should also check out other places like motherworks, mothercare, kiddy palace, spring maternity, taka, isetan, etc, etc.

destiny

Hi Steffywoofy,

Just to share some personal experience on how i chose my stroller. Currently I'm also shopping around for a stroller for my coming baby ;)

1) Weight: Depends on what you prefer, I prefer a lighter stroller. Imagine you have to carry your baby and move a heavy stroller up and down stairs
2) Able to stand when closed: I feel that ability to stand when close is important, else you will need to find something to let it lean on or lie on floor can be very inconvenient
3) Able to open and close with 1 hand: Most of the strollers need 2 hands to close which can be inconvenient if you are going out shopping alone. How can you put you baby on the floor while you keep the stroller
4) Maneuverability: You need to test it yourself whether you like the feel when you push it around. Is it easy to control? Cos I've tried some strollers which are hard to control. Remember, you need something you can control, not let the stroller control you.
5) Stability: This is about whether it is stable when you have a baby in the stroller. Some people say you shouldn't buy a light weight stroller because if its imbalance, sometimes it might flip over which is quite dangerous. My personal opinion is that if you get a heavy and stable stroller, you will not want to bring it out because its heavy and cumbersome. So for myself, i will buy a light weight one that comes with a shopping basket below. Put the diaper bag there to weight it down, then you will not have problems with it flipping over

For myself, I'm looking at the Combi series (Miracle turn / urban walker / Sapzio) :) Just like to share my experience from stroller selection. Hope it helps

Hi!!

Thank you for your great advice!
Combi miracle turn also my top choice now ...
Initially I wanted to get the quinny even though it's pretty pricey... Because I can insert the infant car seat... But it gonna cos me lotsa money.. Close to 1.5k if I get a full brand new set.. Then one mommy here recommend bugaboo ... It's nice too.. But still costly and without full canopy.

I went shopping around for an alternative and totally fall in love with the miracle turn premier.. Though it's a lot more than the normal miracle turn.. But the material and finishing is really diff and better...

With infant head insert etc etc, full canopy.. Light weight, able to stand and operate with 1 hand :)
i think a good stroller gonna last me for a long long time hence I am getting the miracle turn for sure.. Jus waiting for any sales and promo for the range ;)

Thank you!

diza

Hi all,

After reading all the replies, I'm still confused. ~_~" Is there a stroller/buggy/prams that comes together with a car seat? I understand that Quinny stoller can combine with maxi cosi car seat but I prefer to have 2 for the price of 1.

hoppie

i am using Combi Miracle Turn Premier, i think the Quinny quite good. There is a sale now at Mothercare harbour front at only $599

Both are equally good but Combi is smaller when stored

i am using Combi Miracle Turn Premier, i think the Quinny quite good. There is a sale now at Mothercare harbour front at only $599

Both are equally good but Combi is smaller when stored
$599 for Quinny or miracle turn? If miracle turn premier $599 I will go down now!!!! Lol

Yingver07

For me I prefer Maclaren Techno XT as it's easy to push ard any direction with the big wheels. & suitable for infants too.

Mothercare fair now selling at $399! The fair ending on 11th march.

Dear bugaboo mommies, other than getting bugaboo from motherworks where else can I get a bugaboo at better price... I have decided to get a bugaboo instead of combi:)
is there any warehouse sale or place ?

Thanks

bleeeee

Dear bugaboo mommies, other than getting bugaboo from motherworks where else can I get a bugaboo at better price... I have decided to get a bugaboo instead of combi:)
is there any warehouse sale or place ?

Thanks
i think the bugaboo price is controlled so same px everywhere. i got mine from mothercare at marina square coz the staff was v friendly, its price controlled so there was no discount.

bleeeee

Hi all,

After reading all the replies, I'm still confused. ~_~" Is there a stroller/buggy/prams that comes together with a car seat? I understand that Quinny stoller can combine with maxi cosi car seat but I prefer to have 2 for the price of 1.
most of the strollers you can use with a car seat requires you to buy the car seat seperately ;)