Which water filter is better? Hyflux or Cleansui

osaka

Hi, I am considering between Hyflux or Cleansui (By Mitsubishi Rayon Company in Japan) tap water filter...... Not too sure which one is better..... Have anyone used it before? Any comments? Thanks in advanced. :err:

iwan2noe

Hi, I am considering between Hyflux or Cleansui (By Mitsubishi Rayon Company in Japan) tap water filter...... Not too sure which one is better..... Have anyone used it before? Any comments? Thanks in advanced. :err:
Hmm, how about Diamond water filter?

KKKmom

Cleansui of course. It is used by singapore gov too.

I bought mine in Best Denki.

BTW they have bath series even, I am trying it out for my newborn as he seems to have very sensitive skin.

Anyway i always trust products fully made in Japan more than those made in China products

WPY

I'm using Espring water filter system. Would claim that its the best as I've tried 2 other brands before. The system is able to filter out 140 contaminants while keeping the good minerals in the water. Nice taste, compact model with UV light to kill virus, has indicator to tell u exactly when to change the filter. If interested, can email: jodor38@yahoo.com, to find out more :)

KKKmom

Wpy, you must be careful le. 140 contaminants may sound alot but I was told by the sales assistant in best that it is the membrane that is important.

That was also the reason why I choose Cleansui as our babies drink the water so it would be good to choose wisely.

From what I know Cleansui can take out all impurities greater than 0.1 micron. Anyway when I bought it, it is the best I can find in the market when I did research.

Just don't wan any moms to be cheated by those made in china product trying to bluff consumers cause I nearly did :(

WPY

KKKmom, Thanks for your reminder. If a water filter actually filters up to o.1micron, this also means that it filters out all good minerals in the water. Cos the good minerals is actually the size of o.2micron. Which means water with no good minerals is as good as drinking "dead" or "lifeless" water. Espring is manufactured by USA company, certified n tested by NSF :)

forKMZ

If you want to be accurate as to what are being filtered out by what type of membrane, you can do a search in google image for the term "membrane filtration spectrum". You will see many such charts by industry experts. Even 0.01 micron membrane (or so call UF membrane), it cannot get dissolved salt or sugar and most mineral out of the water. Actually to get these out, you need RO (Reverse Osmosis) membrane.

To buy a water filtration product, KKKMom is correct that membrane is most important. One of the best membrane you can get for consumer products is UF (Ultra Filtration) membrane, at 0.01 micron. So the breakdown from my online research is as follows:
1) any water filtration product with membrane > 0.1 micron, it does not keep out bacteria. Such filter only keep out solid particle.
2) any water filtration product with membrane > 0.01 micron, it keep out many bacteria but not viruses.
3) any water filtration product with UF membrane, it keep out many bacteria and viruses.

I bought HF1P from Hyflux. It has UF membrane. It is a local product and Hyflux built many big desalination plants for countries around the world.

You can buy it at good price (online) compare to retail price at HyfluxShop with free delivery. They have a referral program with further discount, I am on it as existing customer. Contact me if you are interested. Osaka mentioned the simple tap model from Hyflux. I believe it is called Gurgle. This also has UF membrane.

Last edited:

mummyen

Hi all,
Cleansui is from Mitsubishi of Japan, the country where a lot of water filters are sold domestically.
Hyflux is a local company started not so long ago.
I don't think we can't even compare Hyflux and Cleansui. It is like asking whether a Proton Saga is better than a Lancer???!!

And I am also disgusted at how pricey the retail prices here are for these water filters. They sell them a lot cheaper in Japan. SOme local prices are 2 times that of Japanese retail prices. Well that why I bought mine from Japan and ship them here directly.
Unfortunately I mistakenly ordered 2 of the same (because sites are in Japanese!)
If anyone is interested in the Cleansui Z9 water filter, please PM me. My price is 20% cheaper than Singapore retail price.

mummyen

Also thanks to KKKmom for educating us.
We have to be careful when buying the filters and even for the same brand, they have filters of different qualities. Cleansui has those small ones attached to the tap but the best for the consumer range is those under sink or the counter top ones of super high grade.

The comment by mummyen is offensive.

Why can't local product be compare to an oversea product. If all Singaporeans think like you, we are doomed.

Look at SIA and other good Singapore brands. I am proud of our local made products. Will never buy from you even if you carry the best Japanese products.

Hi osaka, I saw your post that you are interested in buying a tap water filter (attach to tap)

I am selling these 2 models.

F2 - Essentials
Instapure - F2
Special Offer ~ $65 - Inclusive of Free Door Step Delivery

F5 - Complete
Instapure - F5
Special Offer ~ $85 - Inclusive of Free Door Step Delivery

The filters are also cheap, depending on which type you choose, the cheapest is only $35 for 3 filters

To place your order, please email: spa_treasures@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Hi osaka, I saw your post that you are interested in buying a tap water filter (attach to tap)

I am selling these 2 models.

F2 - Essentials
Instapure - F2
Special Offer ~ $65 - Inclusive of Free Door Step Delivery

F5 - Complete
Instapure - F5
Special Offer ~ $85 - Inclusive of Free Door Step Delivery

The filters are also cheap, depending on which type you choose, the cheapest is only $35 for 3 filters

To place your order, please email: spa_treasures@hotmail.com

priyacool3

dear if you are thinking to buy a new water filter so wacorp company deals in every kind of water filter you also can consult with them they will suggest you which one is best how it is beneficial for you and why you should buy only this water filter system

kellylinms

[FONT=&quot]I got my ro machine from a local seller (moosg.com). Have been using for a year now. I would say excellent quality @ competitive price. Cured my daughters skin problem and my parents loved it! they said it taste better + raw meat and vege last longer in the fridge after soaking lol. Best thing the cartridge placement super cheap. Thumbs up up up.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]peter : 9389 6783[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]friendly sales guy, contact him directly![/FONT]