white/milky/yellowish discharge?

wenz

Hi,

Anyone had white/milky or light yellowish discharge during 1st trim?
is it ok to have tat?

I had brownish discharge 1week+ back and was given jab, bedrest and med to consume, since then the brownish discharge had gone away but recently i got milky discharge, sometime light yellowish... so i wonder if it's normal?

i dun experience this kinda of prob during my last 2 preg so was very uncertain...

MrsChia

sounds like yeast infection. i experience it thru out my whole pregnancy. it goes away when my gynae gave me medicine to consume n insert but comes back again aft a few days. recover only aft gave birth.

muz let ur gynae noe immediately if get from bad to worse.

CanCanMum

yes tats maybe due to yeast infection....like wad MrsChia has mentioned they will prescribe an insert for u to put in.

just to share, i had tat during my 3rd trimester, about 1 week before my delivery date. Anyway i wasnt able to clear the infection before i deliver coz i was 2 weeks early. I went home with a letter stating i was a Group B Streptococcal bacterial carrier and i have to monitor my newborn if he has serious reflux problem or not gaining enuf weight or persistent diarrhoea....was so worried tat time but luckily he wasnt infected and he grew up well and fine!

Last edited:

MrsChia

scary... infection can get reali serious. muz treat it seriously..

yes tats maybe due to yeast infection....like wad MrsChia has mentioned they will prescribe an insert for u to put in.

just to share, i had tat during my 3rd trimester, about 1 week before my delivery date. Anyway i wasnt able to clear the infection before i deliver coz i was 2 weeks early. I went home with a letter stating i was a Group B Streptococcal bacterial carrier and i have to monitor my newborn if he has serious reflux problem or not gaining enuf weight or persistent diarrhoea....was so worried tat time but luckily he wasnt infected and he grew up well and fine!

wenz

oh no... i must go tell my gynae den... i thou it's like 'bai dai' or something... but din know can be so serious.... haiz...

jia_qi

OMG!! I just discovered some milky stuff as well...was thinking of going for my 1st gynae check on the 8th week, cos now in the 6th week..looks like i will hve to go check now...would it be very uncomfortable for the insert? can only take med?

CanCanMum

mine no medicine to take leh, only insert....yeah, very uncomfy...

but according to gynae maternal GBS is only common twds the end of pregnancy....dun dink yours will be la....

mine tat time is i realised a lot of yellowish/milky discharge, quite a lot de, and got smell de.... dun dink will be la but can check with gynae just play safe.

coz most of the time during my pregnancy its always dry dry, v good feeling, like those dry days after your menses u know....so all of a sudden got this mucus discharge i still tot nothing to worry.....

Last edited:

jia_qi

Thanks Cancan, mine have no smell....just milky disharge. Mayb go do a check...but the GP say if I go too early they will insert the ultrascan to check...mine is abt 6 wks....is it tooo small to do the normal kind of ultrascan??

V

valeriegoh

Had yeast infection(yellowish discharge with slight smell) since around 16weeks till now(still not gone). Inserted the medicine 3 times already. Will be gone for around 2 weeks after insertion but always come back again after that.

Gynae asked me to do check for pregnancy diabetes 2 weeks from now cuz he says the yeast infection shouldn't be coming back so frequently. Might have the diabetes! Super scary..

CanCanMum

Thanks Cancan, mine have no smell....just milky disharge. Mayb go do a check...but the GP say if I go too early they will insert the ultrascan to check...mine is abt 6 wks....is it tooo small to do the normal kind of ultrascan??
small oso can see wad....ding at least can see a sac.

but unless yrs is a tilted uterus den need to put in tat dingy to scan. (20% of women are with tilted uterus)

mine was, so, yeah...quite an uncomfy feeling....but once put in can see v v clearly.

CanCanMum

Had yeast infection(yellowish discharge with slight smell) since around 16weeks till now(still not gone). Inserted the medicine 3 times already. Will be gone for around 2 weeks after insertion but always come back again after that.

Gynae asked me to do check for pregnancy diabetes 2 weeks from now cuz he says the yeast infection shouldn't be coming back so frequently. Might have the diabetes! Super scary..
yeah....me oso kenna gestational diabetes, around 34th week.....jialat....

but its nothing serious unless u feel v swollen den will need attention.

V

valeriegoh

yeah....me oso kenna gestational diabetes, around 34th week.....jialat....

but its nothing serious unless u feel v swollen den will need attention.
Cancanmum! What do they do after confirming that u have the diabetes? Need any treatment/medication??

Basha

Had yeast infection too during the 1st tri but was told by OB that it's nothing to worry about..was given only oral medication to be taken for a week but it seems not to go away till now Im in 14weeks..I hope that it doesn't affect the newborn..the discharge sometimes yelloweish sometimes whitish but it doesn't stain my pantyliner but only after ML then it'd come out!! Had Pap Smear done before but it's confirmed that it's just yeast infection..Sometimes it can be itchy too which really irritates me!!! Before my pregnancy, I had the same tink too, was given oral & sumtink to insert but it'd always RETURN after 2-3weeks..Hopefully it'd be gone after giving birth....

CanCanMum

hi basha, it will definitely be gone after giving birth. U read my case? Tat will be partial reasons to worry about. Important thing is to clear that infection before you give birth. Coz when baby is inside the amniotic sac they are free from infection....only when u give birth they will be infected, chances are there, coz they pass thru the birth canal.

V

valeriegoh

Alright, thanks! Checking in 2 weeks.. doc says quite likely I have cuz have family history of diabetes :/

Basha

hi basha, it will definitely be gone after giving birth. U read my case? Tat will be partial reasons to worry about. Important thing is to clear that infection before you give birth. Coz when baby is inside the amniotic sac they are free from infection....only when u give birth they will be infected, chances are there, coz they pass thru the birth canal.
Yeah i did read ures...prolly have to inform my OB again during my next visit next week...Hopefully the infection will be cleared before giving birth...Anyway, thx CanCanMum!!

wenz

will the doc do any check for you before determine it's yeast infection or just based on our description? if yes, wat kind of check the gynae did?