Who gave birth recently at TMC

iwan2noe

Hi mummies,

just wanna noe if it is true that u will have ur pubic area shaven b4 u deliver?
I will be delivering soon and my fren who gave birth at TMC last yr told me no matter what, the nurses or midwife or someone will have ur pubic area shaven before u go into labour. I was told it cost me $10?

Hee... pls share with me ur experience..thanks!:shyxxx:

apollo

Hi mummies,

just wanna know if it is true that you will have your pubic area shaven before you deliver?
I will be delivering soon and my friend who gave birth at Thomson Medical Center last your told me no matter what, the nurses or midwife or someone will have your pubic area shaven before you go into labour. I was told it cost me $10?

Hee... pls share with me your experience..thanks!:shyxxx:
huh?? shaving got charge one ahh?? i didnt really browse thru the bill so didnt noe..

anw, YES they will SHAVE you.. i dunno for normal delivery cos i delivered via c-sect and they did shaved me.. i didnt noe. if noe earlier, i rather at hm shave 1st.. haha...

iwan2noe

huh?? shaving got charge one ahh?? i didnt really browse thru the bill so didnt know..

anw, YES they will SHAVE you.. i dont know for normal delivery cos i delivered via c-sect and they did shaved me.. i didnt know. if know earlier, i rather at hm shave 1st.. haha...
But I was told that for natural birth even more they will shave u coz bb come out fr the birth canal where they shave u. Who is the one who shave u? Is it the mid wife or nurse ?

Thanks!! ;)

Ivy Miao

Adding on, are they rough when shaving?? Sometimes rough shaving may cut you and what kinda razor they use??

iwan2noe mummy, Im giving birth soon too.. Just wanna check with you, did you have really swollen feet? Mine looks like a rubber glove added with water and veins are visible. All my 5 toes cant even touch the floor. Could it due to long standing and walking?? :embarrassed:

iwan2noe

Adding on, are they rough when shaving?? Sometimes rough shaving may cut you and what kinda razor they use??

iwan2noe mummy, Im giving birth soon too.. Just wanna check with you, did you have really swollen feet? Mine looks like a rubber glove added with water and veins are visible. All my 5 toes cant even touch the floor. Could it due to long standing and walking?? :embarrassed:
I got slight water retention on my right feet and vv slight water retention on my left feet.. Other than that, still ok. This mean u r gg to deliver v soon:)
how many wks r u now ?

apollo

But I was told that for natural birth even more they will shave you coz baby come out fr the birth canal where they shave you. Who is the one who shave you? Is it the mid wife or nurse ?

Thanks!! ;)
the nurse in ward. for my case, i admitted into the ward to prepare myself 1st, as in change, go toilet, put my things etc.. den the ward nurse came in to shave me.

the nurse who shaved me was quite gentle and seems 'experience' haha! but i feel very weird lorr, ppl shave for me LOL!! they use those normal cheapo disposable shaver haha!

btw i didnt suffer from any water rentention as in swollen feets at all during preg. but i do noe tt many mummies envounter tt, esp during later stage of preg, ard 1-2 mths b4 giving birth... try to rest more and dont stand or walk too much, it might help =)

Ivy Miao

I got slight water retention on my right feet and vv slight water retention on my left feet.. Other than that, still ok. This mean you are gg to deliver very soon:)
how many wks are you now ?

Going 38weeks now.. Prolly too much of housework with all the standing and walking.. Laid down with feet stacking higher, I feel so much better now.. Last night pain was terrible! lolx!

stonston

If you don't want them to shave you, you can go for waxing to remove all the hair first. My gynae said it's ok to go for waxing at a professional and hygienic place anytime after 37 weeks.

iwan2noe

If you dont't want them to shave you, you can go for waxing to remove all the hair first. My gynae said it's ok to go for waxing at a professional and hygienic place anytime after 37 weeks.
hmm, dun noe how true, was told that no matter if u shave or not, they will still shave u. Saying it is not 'clean' enuff. Anyone remb how much they charge for the shaving job ?
Heez :)

apollo

hmm, dont know how true, was told that no matter if you shave or not, they will still shave you. Saying it is not 'clean' enuff. Anyone remb how much they charge for the shaving job ?
Heez :)
actu i think they only charge the shaver price bahh... i didnt even noe they will charge for such 'services' until u mentioned.. hehe...

ilovemilk

If you dont want to be shaved, you can talk to your doctor about it. I didnt, and i indicated it in my birth plan and my doctor agreed. I don't want to put up with the itch when the hair grows back!

Ariel Chong

Hi mummies,

just wanna know if it is true that you will have your pubic area shaven before you deliver?
I will be delivering soon and my friend who gave birth at Thomson Medical Center last your told me no matter what, the nurses or midwife or someone will have your pubic area shaven before you go into labour. I was told it cost me $10?

Hee... pls share with me your experience..thanks!:shyxxx:
ya normally they will charge... because the razor they use are disposable..

woofy55

i also dind't notice that it charges us for the razor.. but i guess so. for me, i was only shaved at the 2 area beside the virgina, not the entire pubic hair.. so i guess it's ok.. :) And they shave before the inject the liquid for us to poo :p

Ivy Miao

i also dind't notice that it charges us for the razor.. but i guess so. for me, i was only shaved at the 2 area beside the virgina, not the entire pubic hair.. so i guess it's ok.. :) And they shave before the inject the liquid for us to poo :p
Ooo.. They let us poo first before we have to go into labor? Does it mean shit in toilet? My friend just gave birth and when she wants to poo, the nurse asked her to poo on bed.. :err:

Jan25

hihi,i just gave birth at tmc last week. yup,the nurse will shave you...no worries,she is quite gentle...dont rem being charged for the 'service' but they have broken down the items to be charged....down to the antiseptic which you would have thought it's free.......

Ivy Miao

hihi,i just gave birth at Thomson Medical Center last week. yup,the nurse will shave you...no worries,she is quite gentle...dont rem being charged for the 'service' but they have broken down the items to be charged....down to the antiseptic which you would have thought it's free.......
Hey, Jan25 mummy, Congrates to you! :Dancing_wub: So did they actually say poo on bed??

iwan2noe

think minE the same as urs.. Only shaved on both sides of my vaginal.. Hee

for my case,I'm not in time for the nurses to cleared me of poo and urine..only cos my urine gushed out uncontrollably due to the intensified pain.. Haha!!
my

chelle

I did not knw i was charged for the shave. Haha.
Anyway, 1st time give birth, everything they tell me to do, i just nodded my head and did as told!
I think the more gross part is when they insert the liquid into your anus to clear your stomach.
They will tell you to try to hold your urge to poo so will poo more and clear more throughly otherwise baby might get infection.