Who Looks after Kids when ure a FTWM?

adelynn

Am interested to know what arrangements are made for your kids when you are a FTWM? What are the costs involved and what are the pros and cons?

pureline

As for me, my mum resigned from her work to take care of my baby as she is working part time, i have to give her a allowance of about $600 per month.

For me that is the only costs involved so far.

Phoebii Cheng

I sent my son to the infant care, as that is the only option for me....my MIL taking care of my hubby's nephew & nieces, while my mom is not often in singapore.....

The infant care only costs us abt $416.60 per mth......now my son is 15mths and they do crafts with him, like last week, they made a mother's day card using his little fingers to print on the card with a pic of him.....so touched when I see it.....

They oso sing and do lots of activities which I find is good for his development.....but of cos if u can, let ur MIL or mom or find a good nanny to take care better cos' not get sick easily esp at a young age.....:tlaugh:

adelynn

I sent my son to the infant care, as that is the only option for me....my MIL taking care of my hubby's nephew & nieces, while my mom is not often in singapore.....

The infant care only costs us abt $416.60 per mth......now my son is 15mths and they do crafts with him, like last week, they made a mother's day card using his little fingers to print on the card with a pic of him.....so touched when I see it.....

They oso sing and do lots of activities which I find is good for his development.....but of cos if u can, let ur MIL or mom or find a good nanny to take care better cos' not get sick easily esp at a young age.....:tlaugh:
Hi Phoebii

At how old did you start placing ur son in infant care?
And does he fall ill often?

Phoebii Cheng

Hi Phoebii

At how old did you start placing ur son in infant care?
And does he fall ill often?
Hi Adelynn,

Hmm I put my son at infant care when he was 5mths old, cos tht time my mom help me look after bf she flew off....initially yes, he did hv fever and flu quite often, but after when he was abt 10mths, he was seldom sick, guess the immune system built up oredi......one thing good abt infant care is tht even if u hv flu or cough, they allow u to place ur child there, but if they hv fever only then they will reject

Lots of pple ask me to let nanny take care beta, cos' seldom fall sick, however, over at my area no friends recommend so no choice but to put in infant care..............

stonston

my son was taken care of by maids. no choice cos no infant care near us n my working time very early, no infant care open yet.

day time go my mum's plc cos my dad has his own biz, goes out late, my bro is a bummer, mostly at home, my sis still studying, afternoon at home, mum has a own biz so very flexi to drop by at home to check on the maid. so throughout the day maid is hardly left alone at home and my hb has 4 cameras to monitor the maid from work. got a few terrible maids but found a good one now :)

when boy turned 18mths, shipped him off to chidcare, paying $288.50/mth for tt. gives him chance to learn n interact with other kids. while maid can concentrate on housework n cooking while he's at school. makes life easier for everyone (my maid wont be so stressed having to look after my super active boy plus do housework). and i'm happier too cos got nice dinner when i go home, plus my boy learn alot at school.

stonston

it's somewhere in hougang but i tink they got many other branches. PM me if u need the name of the place.

Ting

looked after pin til 18 mths then put her in cc.
her fees one mth after sub is abt 450 bucks.
:)

sufeit0115

Anyone care to share how much is the childcare subsidy entitled for working mum? Is it we must place our child to approved childcare in order to enjoy the subsidy?

k-mom

Hi Phoebe,

which infant care center did you put your son in? cos the ones i looked at seem to be very expensive even after the subsidy :(

mummy84

my son was taken care of by maids. no choice cos no infant care near us and my working time very early, no infant care open yet.

day time go my mum's plc cos my dad has his own biz, goes out late, my bro is a bummer, mostly at home, my sis still studying, afternoon at home, mum has a own biz so very flexi to drop by at home to check on the maid. so throughout the day maid is hardly left alone at home and my husband has 4 cameras to monitor the maid from work. got a few terrible maids but found a good one now :)

when boy turned 18mths, shipped him off to chidcare, paying $288.50/month for that. gives him chance to learn and interact with other kids. while maid can concentrate on housework and cooking while he's at school. makes life easier for everyone (my maid wont be so stressed having to look after my super active boy plus do housework). and i'm happier too cos got nice dinner when i go home, plus my boy learn alot at school.

HI Stonston,

U mention instal 4 camera at home to monitor yr maid. May i know hw much is it and wher u place yr camera? Any restrictions given for yr maid?? coz both my parents r workin and i dun hv a MIL to leave out in takin care of my bb and she is onli 1 mth plus..

stonston

There are a few different types of cameras and their functions are slightly different. If you want you can drop by my place and take a look, my hb can explain to you in details and tell you the costs cos I'm not very sure. If my hb help u buy confirm is better price than what you get outside because his is wholesaler's price :) he buy so many sets tt they give him special rates now :)

Ting

Anyone care to share how much is the childcare subsidy entitled for working mum? Is it we must place our child to approved childcare in order to enjoy the subsidy?

if im not wrong, regardless of which CC u put, u r entitled to the 300 dollars sub by government if u r working full time. :)

stonston

The subsidy is only for APPROVED childcare centres. Can just ask the centre to give you the breakdown of fees with subsidy :)

CanCanMum

Am interested to know what arrangements are made for your kids when you are a full time working mum? What are the costs involved and what are the pros and cons?
1) If u r lucky enuf to have parents or parents in law who are not working, its the best choice to let them look after. But be prepared for extra over naggings lols~~my parents have turned so naggy nowadays~~

costs involved is depending on your parents and inlaws. It will only be a personal amount/token for their help. I gave my mum $500 and my dad $370 for looking after baber. They paid for his diapers and milk powder too.

2) Infant care centres - costs are above $800 due to the demanding tasks of looking after newborn and young babies. But as they are outsiders its hard to comment whats good and whats bad. Yr baby may not be attended to immediately......

3) Nannies - a motherly, caring figure to look after yr baby at their own home and the arrangement is normally for u to bring home the baby every night. May be same arrangement for your parents and inlaws. (if they are willing to help u look after during night time, will be better!) Good thing is tat its a 1 to 1 arrangement but bad thing is tat yr baby will be closer to her in which is an outsider. But its also not easy to get someone who is good, caring and responsible.

hope this helps.

iwan2noe

When my bb is born next yr, my parents in law will be taking care of my bb :)
the cost involved so far is just the monthly allowance my hubby gave them. Think we will increase the allowance to give her, coz they will be looking after her abt 70% of each day...have not work out abt weekends..

iwan2noe

1) If you are lucky enuf to have parents or parents in law who are not working, its the best choice to let them look after. But be prepared for extra over naggings lols~~my parents have turned so naggy nowadays~~

costs involved is depending on your parents and inlaws. It will only be a personal amount/token for their help. I gave my mum $500 and my dad $370 for looking after baber. They paid for his diapers and milk powder too.

2) Infant care centres - costs are above $800 due to the demanding tasks of looking after newborn and young babies. But as they are outsiders its hard to comment whats good and whats bad. your baby may not be attended to immediately......

3) Nannies - a motherly, caring figure to look after your baby at their own home and the arrangement is normally for you to bring home the baby every night. May be same arrangement for your parents and inlaws. (if they are willing to help you look after during night time, will be better!) Good thing is that its a 1 to 1 arrangement but bad thing is that your baby will be closer to her in which is an outsider. But its also not easy to get someone who is good, caring and responsible.

hope this helps.
Hi CanCanMum,

i agree with u totally. If you let nanny take care of ur babies, as they are usually the on aking care of them, babies will tend to be closer to her. As the bond may hae been established. Like when my mummy in law was looking after some of the kids under her care. The bnd she had with the little boy was so close and knitted, it was like the little boy was her son! it is how scary...While if in laws are taking care of my baby, if they have closer bond with my baby, I am not so worried as afterall they r my baby's grandparents. The only fear i have is that if my child have strong bond if the nanny, they might not want to return to me for my care when they grew up...:elvis:

What abt u and mummies out there?