Who takes care of your baby?

oblong

Hi mummies, does your mum help you to take care of your baby when you work? How is your relationship with your mum? How do you manage your time after work? Do you stay with your parents / go home to your own nest?

My mum takes care of my baby. Facing a lot of conflicts with her and at wits' end to managing our relationship.

CanCanMum

hi oblong,

yes my mum helps.

well she nags about this and that, nags to me, nags to my dad, nags to my bro....we quarreled on and off....and she has insomnia also....(due to taking care of my boy at night when he was an infant)...under medication....but she is fine la..and still insists to look after my boy although i wanted her to rest....

at the end of the day, she is still my very one and only mummy. so sometimes when i am angry will scream at her....but will apologize after wards....i feel i am very insensible sometimes but her nagging really makes me irritated.

everyday i will tell myself to be nice to her, tahan her nagging more....tell her she is really very sacrificing to me....yes, i can do it!

hahhaa....but my dad has become someone whom i can talk with more freely now....perhaps he is more rational regarding taking care of babies and more open to suggestions and methods....last time i used to be so distant from him....now feels closer to him than to my mum.

time after work will be just housework and spending time with my attention seeker boy. On top of that help out hubby in his work oso. Usually sleeps after 12mn....and online at this forum and msn chat....hahahaha....now got more 'time'.

i bring my boy home everyday since he was 2.5months old. Rain or shine. :)

Oppsgal

Well, it is always better to take care of baby by ownself as there will sure to have different conflicts on how to take care of the baby.

Most grandma or grandpa will tend to spoil the baby especially if the baby is the 1st grandson or granddaughter.

elmo493

Initial plan - to care by nanny and bring back only at weekend.

Action - MIL take care accompany with a maid. So maid do housework while she take care of my son and her other grand daughter. In the fourth mths, SIL fall sick so she say she can't take care baby as she have to take care SIL, ask me to pass to someone (my mum or sister) to take care for few mths. Few mths later, if the SIL is ok, we can bring the baby back again.

Conclusion - My sister transfered her maid to me and we leave my baby with her care in my house. Happy ending as I got to see my boy everyday and dinner serve too

oblong

hi oblong,

yes my mum helps.

well she nags about this and that, nags to me, nags to my dad, nags to my bro....we quarreled on and off....and she has insomnia also....(due to taking care of my boy at night when he was an infant)...under medication....but she is fine la..and still insists to look after my boy although i wanted her to rest....

at the end of the day, she is still my very one and only mummy. so sometimes when i am angry will scream at her....but will apologize after wards....i feel i am very insensible sometimes but her nagging really makes me irritated.

everyday i will tell myself to be nice to her, tahan her nagging more....tell her she is really very sacrificing to me....yes, i can do it!

hahhaa....but my dad has become someone whom i can talk with more freely now....perhaps he is more rational regarding taking care of babies and more open to suggestions and methods....last time i used to be so distant from him....now feels closer to him than to my mum.

time after work will be just housework and spending time with my attention seeker boy. On top of that help out hubby in his work oso. Usually sleeps after 12mn....and online at this forum and msn chat....hahahaha....now got more 'time'.

i bring my boy home everyday since he was 2.5months old. Rain or shine. :)
everytime we fight my mum will always say that i have failed in my duty as a daughter. cos my mum was very good to my grandma. never argue or talk back :shyxxx: i've been staying with my parents since i got preg. this time my mum got really mad and chased me out of the house.....

oblong

Well, it is always better to take care of baby by ownself as there will sure to have different conflicts on how to take care of the baby.

Most grandma or grandpa will tend to spoil the baby especially if the baby is the 1st grandson or granddaughter.
that's the ideal. provided can make ends meet. my parents rely on me as they have retired. according to my mum, my bro doesn't contribute a cent..... though my bro denied this when i probed.

CanCanMum

everytime we fight my mum will always say that i have failed in my duty as a daughter. cos my mum was very good to my grandma. never argue or talk back :shyxxx: i've been staying with my parents since i got preg. this time my mum got really mad and chased me out of the house.....
wad yr mum quite fierce leh....

how about now?

have u tried being nicer to her?

CanCanMum

haiz bo pianz lor....anyway my mum is better now coz i try to be tolerant on her nagging more....listen with one ear closed....hahaha...juz give in to her lor.....

babymoon

yup. have to. cos so embarrasing, mum kept ranting that i'm such a lousy daughter...
read yr threads.. i tot own mom will be easier compare to MIL? my mom helps to take care of my gal and we stay together.. in fact my mom a very nice mom.. help all the time even my gal sleeps with her at nite and my mom never say anything.. hehe.. :001_302:

CanCanMum

read yr threads.. i tot own mom will be easier compare to MIL? my mom helps to take care of my gal and we stay together.. in fact my mom a very nice mom.. help all the time even my gal sleeps with her at nite and my mom never say anything.. hehe.. :001_302:
haiya babymoon, not every ones own mum is like yours leh....you are blessed lor...lols...

Hi mummies, does your mum help you to take care of your baby when you work? How is your relationship with your mum? How do you manage your time after work? Do you stay with your parents / go home to your own nest?

My mum takes care of my baby. Facing a lot of conflicts with her and at wits' end to managing our relationship.

hi oblong. wah i didn't read the full thread so i thought your situation was just "one of those" situations.

well, i guess she's still angry & blaming you for wotever reasons. for your own sanity, wot you can do is work out a 12-month plan with an end in mind.

e.g. end in mind is to stay on your own

so work out a plan where you secure a job (or better paying job), get your own place (maybe rent), then arrange to send your baby to infantcare.

you can consider all this if the situation gets out of hand.

but is your mom venting her anger on your baby? if she sayangs your baby very much then ... well, perhaps this is a bitter pill you'll have to swallow for your child's sake.

Last edited:

SH74

i'm a full time mom also. but soon will let nanny take care so i can conc more on work. not ez being full time mom though fun but v tiring. dunno how my late mom can b full time housewife for 20+ years! if me, i think i'll go crazy.

my mil, who's full time housewife, dun want take care. n my step mom is still working n no exp in taking care of kids.

oblong

Hi Raeka and Mrspuppy, yes. totally agree that full time moms and sahms is very tiring and challenging too. especially having to juggle meals and housework plus baby.

though i'm ftwm, i'm a full time mom on weekends aka "weekend mom" :embarrassed: by then go back to wrk on mon morning, it's always shack out and tired. as if the whole weekend nv rested at all. so i can only imagine full time moms doing it 365/6 days a yr....

SH74

ya lor... not ez n my hb thinks that take care of bb full time is fun n relaxed. sometimes 'cause of that, i angry w him.

sahm hv to juggle meals, housework, bb and NOT UNDERSTANDING HUSBAND.

ya lor... not ez n my hb thinks that take care of bb full time is fun n relaxed. sometimes 'cause of that, i angry w him.

sahm hv to juggle meals, housework, bb and NOT UNDERSTANDING HUSBAND.
hi all,
I am a FTWM and am a weekend mum.Yes, is true, my husband also think taking care of bb is ez & fun & wont be tired at all. so angry.

sometime when i was feeling unwell, and fall asleep b4 he & bb, he will frame me as a irresponsible mum.