Why do we need to eat UTROGESTAN 100MG ?

PockyMummy

Hi to all.. I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant.. My doctor had just prescribed me UTROGESTAN 100MG.. Can anyone explain to me why do we need to eat this medicine? Thank You!!! :001_302:

bibiluvr

Hi,
I m 16 weeks n my gynae just gave them to me today for a period of 10 nights.. 2 tablets each. It was because I told him I had abdomen pains n he asked me to take to relax the uterus coz he said I was having cramps. I searched online n found that it is basically progesterone.. hmm.. seems like duphaston. I m also a bit skeptical about taking this as I did not take it during my first pregnancy.

tealeaf

I was also prescribed Utrogestan when I told my gynae I had stomach cramps. It's for stabilizing the pregnancy. But after taking for 2 days, I stopped it because I realized it's basically progesterone and I had dizziness in the past 2 days.

PockyMummy

I had terrible dizziness after taking it on the 4th day.. But I've got no choice as doctor asked me to finish it for two weeks.. Now I am having terrible backache... :(

Dragontail

I started this Utrogestan on Monday (2 pills a night). And I decided to stop last night (after 4 nights of dosage) because it's causing me nausea and i feel bloated and keep burping. Thus losing appetite. I hope I'm not confusing myself between this and morning sickness (I didn't experience morning sickness before popping the hormones).

I'm at my 6 weeks and doc had got me to take these pills for 2 weeks. But I just can't stand the discomfort. Is it really necessary to eat Utrogestan?

PockyMummy

I started this Utrogestan on Monday (2 pills a night). And I decided to stop last night (after 4 nights of dosage) because it's causing me nausea and i feel bloated and keep burping. Thus losing appetite. I hope I'm not confusing myself between this and morning sickness (I didn't experience morning sickness before popping the hormones).

I'm at my 6 weeks and doc had got me to take these pills for 2 weeks. But I just can't stand the discomfort. Is it really necessary to eat Utrogestan?

Hi.. My gynae only asked me to eat one pill every morning.. He told me to complete it as it's to stable the pregnancy.. Losing appetite is actually quite normal, for me i lost almost 4kg but after your first trimester you'll feel better.. =)

Dragontail

Thanks Pocky.

I called the doc and I was adviced to get off Utrogestan for a couple of days, then start again. If I feel the same thing, then he may prescribe me another medicine. During the 2 days when I was off it, I felt the same nausea. So, I think it's actually my morning sickness :p

Does morning sickness usually start around 6 weeks? I'm feeling so fatigue and feel like vomiting (though I haven't ran into toilet to vomit or anything).

bibiluvr

Thanks Pocky.

I called the doc and I was adviced to get off Utrogestan for a couple of days, then start again. If I feel the same thing, then he may prescribe me another medicine. During the 2 days when I was off it, I felt the same nausea. So, I think it's actually my morning sickness :p

Does morning sickness usually start around 6 weeks? I'm feeling so fatigue and feel like vomiting (though I haven't ran into toilet to vomit or anything).

Hi,
My gynae told me to keep in handy as I took it whenever I have cramps. It does go away after taking it. SOme ppl do have morning sickness from week 6. For me, I started at week 7 and can puke up to 5 times a day all the way to week 19. But for some, morning sickness will go away ard week14. Come to think of it, puking is nothing as long as bb is healthy!!!

Dragontail

Thanks! I'm back on Utrogesten and I actually don't feel as much discomfort now compared to last week. I hope my morning sickness is just as it is now and not getting any more surprises :p The irony is, if I didn't feel "unwell", I started to get paranoid. Last night, I felt totally fine and I got worried... I tested myself with the preg kit again just to confirm I am on the right track. LOL.

PockyMummy

Thanks Pocky.

You're welcome!! Hmm... It depends on each individual.. Some will not get morning sickness and some will.. For my case, I don't feel sleepy but i experience lost of appetite.. I think all mummy-to be will have different symptoms.. =)

moonbell

hi all, i'm actually taking utrogestan as well.. been taking since 3 weeks ago and gynae say hav to take until stable....
it helps to stablise.

piggie

It hesto stablize e pregnancy in e early stages... But the downside is tt, it might worsen e morning sickness..

Dragontail

I made my own call and stopped Utrogestan although gynae asked me to finish the course. Actually I'm a bit confused as I read up in some article that preggie women shouldnt consume Utrogestan.

Anyway, that's not the reason why I stopped. The pills simply ruined my days as I get very groggy. I'm very sensitive to medicine that causes drowsiness in first place.

smilem

i been taking utrogestan since i m preggie.. due to my last miscarriage, doc advised me take 2 pills daily till now (08 weeks) and i'm still taking. it contain multi-vitanmin & it helps to secure and reduct miscarriage.

Yes, it common after taking feel dizzness (i ve checked with my gyane) but still is better to continue.. for sake of BB

pigletbao

I got really groggy everyday when I took Utrogestan too. Was prescribed 3 pills a day due to past mc altho i have no other symptoms such as cramps or spotting.

Couldn't take the dizziness and told gynae abt it and he took me off it and put me on Duphaston instead. Again, to play safe and to ensure that baby will be well. He said the giddiness from Utrogestan hits 20% of women who take it. I still get dizziness nowadays but definitely more manageable than when I was on Utrogestan. :)

Eliza

I think this Utrogestan is to protect the baby. I remember during my first trimester in my first pregnancy, my gynae prescribed me this pill as well after my blood test shows that I'm low in iron and I felt like menses coming. I had altogether around 10 boxes etc.. if I'm not wrong.. two at a time. He encouraged me to eat red meat i.e. beef for iron if I want to decrease my pill intake. In the end, for baby's sake, I continue with two pills plus having beef twice a week so I dont't see the point of stopping the pill if your gynae asked you to take it for the sake of the baby.
PS: I do feel nauseous and dizzy as well when taking the pill.

Hi,
My co sell duphaston by another sales team. If I am not wrong utrogestan are competitor of duphaston. I was prescribe duphaston n proluton injection when I had spotting until third mth. Duphaston is like "an tai" medicine. It is progesterone n proluton also progesterone in much higher dose. In short is to protect baby. My side effects is bloatedness when had both.

kolly

Hey there.. me too, taking Utrogestan 3 times daily after each meal... i have been taking pills for 3 weeks..
Naughty me, have to go on a family trip right after i found out me pregnant. but test shows i have a low HCG level.
in order to stabilize my pregnancy and prevent early stage mis-carriage during my trip, doctor prescribed utrogestan for me. as well as injections. my husband personally went down to clinic and learnt from the nurse how to give injection. actually its quite fun for both of us. :')
right now, I am keep taking the pills although it makes me sleepy now and then. thinking of keeping baby safe, its no big deal. and taking them after meal makes less drowsy, if empty stomache, sure will get more drowsy...