Wife tells kids not to sleep with daddy

daddy123

Hi all,

I have 2 daughters. They will be 6 and 4 yrs this yr.

Today, i heard my wife tell my elder daughter that she is big girl already and should not sleep with daddy. Which is fine by me. For past 1 yr plus i am sleeping alone in a mattress. I only tell my kids bedtime stories and remain in the room till they sleep. Thereafter my wife will go sleep with them.

My daughter came crying to me and requested me to make her sleep. And i had an argument with my wife over this. I told her she is still young and whats wrong in telling stories and making them sleep. But she does not agree and claims my daughter is growing up oredi.

I find this absurd and lost for words. Im only telling stories and wait till they fall asleep. Is there something wrong with me or my wife?

Phyllis Yu

Hi

I am a mother of 3 & my eldest is a daughter who is 11 this year.

There are things which I do not allow my husband to do in the presence of my daughter too.
Such as respecting her rights by knocking her door, not kissing her on the lips anymore, only allowed to kiss the cheeks,
and be decently dressed in front of her.

But somehow I do feel that your wife could be over reacting as your daughters are still young thus the fatherly love & protection is important.
On a side note, you mentioned that you have been sleeping alone for 1 yr plus.
Could that have affect your marital relationship?

Perhaps try to talk to her calmly on a date alone.