Will Teething Cause Diarrhea?

candy_ian

Teething itself does not come with diarrhea but it's because babies put in everything they can c into their mouth so cause diarrhea.. It shldnt b very often.. If diarrhea is very frequent I think it's beat to bring to c a dr. Rem to keep the baby hydrated

apollo

i agree with candy. teething and diarrhoea has NO link. many ppl always link teething tgt with diarrhoea and fever. but the fact is, teething itself does not cause diarrhoea/fever..

Melancholy

Teething itself does not come with diarrhea but it's because babies put in everything they can c into their mouth so cause diarrhea.. It shldnt b very often.. If diarrhea is very frequent I think it's beat to bring to c a dr. Rem to keep the baby hydrated
But i dunno why my mum told me when teething will have diarrhea -.- Oh btw if my son's gums got white thingy, is he teething?

candy_ian

That is the old folks thinking.. Anyway white thingy? First tooth erupting? Then the white thingy shld b at the bottom 2 front teeth.. U can feel it with your fingers..

Pamper

that day i bring my girl to polyclinic for jab, the nurse did mention to me that when baby teething might cause some diarrhoea and it's going to be fine, don't have to worry. So what is what???

Ting

well, to me, i believe teething causes diarrhea, but not those v serious kind.
each time pin is teething, her stools become more watery.

Pamper

ya, i guess that's what the nurse mean. ^^ cos my girl is having quite watery stools but still remains at once-per-day rate. so i guess it could be teething..

But i dont know why my mum told me when teething will have diarrhea -.- Oh btw if my son's gums got white thingy, is he teething?
Hi,

I wondering how many time of diarrhea a day when your son is teething?
What is color and smelly? Is the normal poo poo smell?

Cause i dont know whether my son is teething or not, but he is diarrhea now.
Thanks mummies

NIisme

my darling Vyanne poo 3-4times daily when teething time.
watery, smelly and she dont drink as much milk as normal time

my darling Vyanne poo 3-4times daily when teething time.
watery, smelly and she dont drink as much milk as normal time
Hi,

Is the smell same as normal "poo poo"? What is the color of the 'poo poo"?
How long this will continue?
Should I bring him to see the pedi again?
Thanks you

NIisme

Hi,

Is the smell same as normal "poo poo"? What is the color of the 'poo poo"?
How long this will continue?
Should I bring him to see the pedi again?
Thanks you
smell quite the same, but i think a lil bit more smelly for my darling Vyanne, not sure is it same for other babies.
color like mixture of *plus normal poo. watery.
my darling Vyanne continue for about 2weeks ba... and i nv bring her to see any doctor actually. =)

but i not sure is it the same for other babies. :nah:

Phoebii Cheng

When my son was teething, he poo v often, but the poo is not watery, it is like mud like tht and has white spots

If your son poo is v watery like water, then mayb he has diarrhea, go see a PD to confirm it and take med......

When my son was teething, he poo very often, but the poo is not watery, it is like mud like tht and has white spots

If your son poo is very watery like water, then mayb he has diarrhea, go see a pediatrician to confirm it and take med......
Hi,

I already bring my son to see pedi on last monday. The pedi did give "Smecta" for stop diarrhea, antibotic for stronger. Besides, the pedi also recommend me feeding soy follow-on formula (Isomail stage 2) to my son and stop feeding my son EBM and FM. I follow-up what the doctor said, but my son still poo poo every 3 or 4 times when he drinking soy formula. my son finsihed the soy formula on last sat, then I feed my baby with EBM, he still poo poo about 1 or 2 times a day. His poo poo look waterly with yello + a little bit dark greaan color. Smelly like sour.
Since i brought my son to see pedi on last monday, i wondering is my son teething, will the pedi able to check and know?