Will the bloating and morning sickness ever go away?

Xls

Am 17.5 weeks already. Had morning sickness since week 4. Started off with nausea and it started to get worse over the weeks.
Have lost about 5kg since pre-pregnancy till now, due to not being able to eat well and the puking that has been going on.

Was told many times that the nausea/morning sickness will go away after the 1st trimester but I feel kinda cheated. As it's like few weeks since then already. :(

In addition to the MS, I feel very bloated everyday, seems as though I've alot of gas/wind inside of me.
Read online that drinking about 8 cups of water will help, but the problem is when I drink a more than a few mouthful of water the puking takes place.
And if I try drinking water throughout the day, I feel horrible and feel like puking due the water not being able to go down my body..
i can't seem to find a balance somewhere..

do anyone have any advice? And will all of this go away as the pregnancy progresses?

raoow

Have you seen the doctor to get ms pills? It's safe for the baby and will help. Actually, ms going away by first trimester isn't a sure thing. It depends on individual's body. I have a friend who had it all the way till she gave birth. Take care. Try to drink flavored water like add Ribena and I found that drinking cold instead of room temperature drinks helped.

Lacrimalake

Hi XLS,

Sucks to know that you are still experiencing such symptoms at 17.5 weeks. I am at 7, and started severe nausea with occasional vomitting at 5 weeks. I took maxolon which is classified B and safe for pregnancy. You can try that. I have stopped vomitting and am able to take small quantities of food now.

Am 17.5 weeks already. Had morning sickness since week 4. Started off with nausea and it started to get worse over the weeks.
Have lost about 5kg since pre-pregnancy till now, due to not being able to eat well and the puking that has been going on.

Was told many times that the nausea/morning sickness will go away after the 1st trimester but I feel kinda cheated. As it's like few weeks since then already. :(

In addition to the MS, I feel very bloated everyday, seems as though I've alot of gas/wind inside of me.
Read online that drinking about 8 cups of water will help, but the problem is when I drink a more than a few mouthful of water the puking takes place.
And if I try drinking water throughout the day, I feel horrible and feel like puking due the water not being able to go down my body..

do anyone have any advice? And will all of this go away as the pregnancy progresses?

KiBin

Try highlighting the problem to your gynae and see if he can give you any medicine?

As for water, does it help it your water is flavoured with a little bit of lemon?

Sunbeams

Hi, I totally understand what u mean... M/s really sucks :( my friend had hers too all the way but hopefully ours will improve n maybe once in a while feel sick then I guess it's not so bad. Also assuring us that baby is growing well. Take heart ok. Try maxolon.. My GP gave although I tried not to take. How about sucking on ginger candies? It helps me. Warm water with lemon helps. I suck ice cubes too at home!

Hi Xls,

Have you been feeling better? For most mothers, morning sickness would only last until the 2nd trimester. Have you tried out common tips like taking ginger or sour food yet? Both methods can help reduce nausea. But if these don't work, you can try taking medication that are safe for pregnancy (try Zofran & Phenergan). Besides these methods, you can also look at this article 6 tips for coping with morning sickness - Pregnant in SingaporePregnant in Singapore – Pregnancy for Singaporeans in Pregnant.sg that offers a few other solutions for morning sickness. But please do consult with your gynae if your condition persists, yup?

My sister suffer badly with severe morning sickness and nausea. Then, she used Ginger ale in order to overcome this condition. She also faced the problem of bloating. She followed few effective tips to handle the situation like taking more fluids, having regular small meals, kept gas inducing foods at bay and exercising. One more medication for bloating and other stomach problems is fenugreek . Check here to know how to use fenugreek for bloating Top 10 Remedies For Bloating During Pregnancy

EliseToh

Dear mummies-to-be, I could feel your discomfort... Hope you are feeling better by now! In case you are looking for supplements to add into your diet, my pregnant friends take this pharmaceutical-grade supplement and experienced no nausea, no swollen limbs, no backaches, no acne, little hairfall, etc. Some were still running around until their last hour before birth. Their newborns were also complete, healthy and seldom fall sick; some had thick hair also. Recently, I got to know that President Obama is also the same brand of supplements. Just feel free to PM me if you'd like to find out more. Take care and see ya! :)

dloreangel

Hi, I totally understand what u mean... M/s really sucks :( my friend had hers too all the way but hopefully ours will improve n maybe once in a while feel sick then I guess it's not so bad. Also assuring us that baby is growing well. Take heart ok. Try maxolon.. My GP gave although I tried not to take. How about sucking on ginger candies? It helps me. Warm water with lemon helps. I suck ice cubes too at home!
good idea for the ginger candies too