Will u go??

angelwendy

May i knw... if u r pregnant now... will u go to friends baby full month?? or go hospital visit friends who have just give birth? if NO... why is it not good? & wat will happen??:001_302:

nsync_su

I just visited my niece who just gave birth. I dun find its wrong to visit them. I mean... is there a believe tat we cant visit them????

angelwendy

I just visited my niece who just gave birth. I dont find its wrong to visit them. I mean... is there a believe that we cant visit them????

I also not sure... some people tell me that if i'm pregnant & go friends baby full month... i better don't eat the full month cakes & red egg... i also don't knw y is not good... they say is not good for my baby... :err: & also they say don't carry or touch other peoples baby... cause one of my friend is giving birth next month.. so was thinking since i'm not working.. so tht of going to visit her...

hui_ru_88

I also not sure... some people tell me that if i'm pregnant & go friends baby full month... i better dont't eat the full month cakes & red egg... i also dont't knw why is not good... they say is not good for my baby...
When I was pregnant with my daughter, my aunts did told me before.

The reason behind so, I am not sure either.

Another one is 3 days before I delivered my daughter, my granddad was hospitalized due to generalized weakness. So, on the day when I delivered my daughter, my relatives split into 2 groups (Group A and B) to visit me and my granddad. It is like Group A visited me on this day. But Group A cant visit my granddad on the same day. In another words, Group B visited my granddad on that day but this group cant visit me on that day.

They said the arrangement of so was to prevent clashes between 2 matters.

Last edited by a moderator:

adelynn

I also not sure... some people tell me that if i'm pregnant & go friends baby full month... i better dont't eat the full month cakes & red egg... i also dont't knw why is not good... they say is not good for my baby... :err: & also they say dont't carry or touch other peoples baby... cause one of my friend is giving birth next month.. so was thinking since i'm not working.. so tht of going to visit her...
The old saying behind not carrying or touching other people's baby is that if in the event your baby is 'xiao qi' he or she will be angry that you are touching other babies and bad things may happen *touch wood*

Some pple also say if you are pregnant or just delivered not good to visit people who have just delivered is also for similar reasons.

As for full moon parties, cakes & eating of red eggs i am not sure :)

uddermummy

hmmm, i've done everything that you've listed above: visit my friends who had just delivered, went to their one-month celebrations, carried their babies when i was pregnant.

All our bbs are healthy... :001_302:

Queenbabe

Hi angelwendy, i went to visit my best fren after she delivery at hosp... also attend full month when tat time i preggy with my 2nd son... just cannot carry the baby :( scare her baby and my baby will be 'Xiao qi' im not pantang but to play safe.

littlehelper

I don't think there is anything wrong with it.But i know that the older generations will tell you not to especially if they are superstious.
Nothing wrong with it though.
Really depends on your personal believe and for you to decide.

angelwendy

Hmmm... actually me & hubby is ok with it.. cause i also got go my friends daughter full month.. haha... maybe i should ask my frenz is she mind if i go... just in case she mind.. & i turn up...:001_302: thanks for all the mummy reply..

iwan2noe

May i knw... if you are pregnant now... will you go to friends baby full month?? or go hospital visit friends who have just give birth? if NO... why is it not good? & what will happen??:001_302:
I will not go due to superstition reason.
Some unborn baby if too superstitious may be 'petty' then will have problems.
V serious case, mummy may lose the baby. =(

But I know that my fren with her son who after attending joyous occasion like 1st mth, wedding, ete, eitehr her son gets v cranky after the event or fall sick...

U think abt it. If u r superstious type, tell ur fren abt it and pass her some gift or token of gift. They shd be able to understand the reasons why u cant go

diymummy

I don't see anything wrong in attending. But of course the other party might mind.

As for babies becoming cranky, that could be the case because of the noise and unfamiliar surroundings. As for falling ill, it's probable too coz there're so many people around. Even my baby caught a cough after his own full month celebration. As for carrying other people's babies, I feel that it's not advisable as babies can be heavy. Pregnant people shouldn't be carrying heavy things.

So I guess, it's to each his own bahh..

I will not go due to superstition reason.
Some unborn baby if too superstitious may be 'petty' then will have problems.
very serious case, mummy may lose the baby. =(

But I know that my friend with her son who after attending joyous occasion like 1st month, wedding, ete, eitehr her son gets very cranky after the event or fall sick...

you think about it. If you are superstious type, tell your friend about it and pass her some gift or token of gift. They should be able to understand the reasons why you cant go
To play safe, i wouldn't go.

My last pregnancy i was so stubborn and went to attend weddings and visited my friend who gave birth in TMC, after the visit. Be it coincidental or what, i lost my baby at 2nd trimester and gynae also dunno the reason apparently. I got blamed by my in laws big time so this time i will guai guai reject all wedding invitations and visits to hospital or 1 month old celebration. If you tell ur friend ur reason, they will definitely understand.

Littlemoomoo

cmeilim

if u and your hubby are not superstitious and dun mind, just need to check with your friends if they mind you going. if they too don't mind, then by all means go. u dun hv to 'report' to your in-laws or parents every step of your actions and activities, right? =)))

my hubby and i are the not superstitious type. we took our newborn to good friend's dad's funeral service when he was only 8 days old, of cos without our parents' knowledge. but of cos we stayed in the rear at the side, so that any incense smoke wouldn't get to him. he's now coming to six months and all well. =)

Wasant

Hi......i'm new here....regarding to this topic....my hubby says cannot go birthday...full-month...etc....i believe it is superstitious....patang loh....:tlaugh:

apollo

it depends on hw pantang u r, or hw pantang ur family is...

for me, i still went to my hubby's fren ROM, which my mum considered it as wedding too though it was just a simple one... but when his fren's wife gave birth to baby a mth later than me, they didnt attend our baby's full and we didnt attend their too... but we do chip in the gift..

and my fren who gave birht 2 mths later than me, actu we intend to 'exchange' gifts but my other frens ALL strongly disagree. they forbid us to do tt... i dunno y, but we just follow...

i did carry my cousin's baby when i was preg... they say is not good for the baby we carry and not the baby in our tummy. i dunno but i just carry. my fren tt time preg also carry ds.. haha..

Ting

if u or your fren is pantang then dun go..
for me, im not pantang, but my mum is...

Ashbaby

It really depend on you. I attended my neice bday and also my neice full month. I think its okay. I also attended wedding dinner and will be attending holy matrimony in 2 mths time.

It really depend on you. I attended my neice bday and also my neice full month. I think its okay. I also attended wedding dinner and will be attending holy matrimony in 2 mths time.
yeah i agree. It's really up to the individual. I attended wedding dinners up to my 35w gestation. After that I din, was worried that will be paiseh if water breaks or wat during their happy event. lol =)

angelwendy

Actually i do attend to wedding dinner & also one of my frenz full month... next month still got a wedding to go... hmmm.. i think i should be going ba.. but just pray that things will be smooth smooth....