Will u tell???

jasobias

Hi mummies,
i was wondering,if u r out n u see a baby has vommitted on itself n its parents have not noticed or incidences like this,would u alert the parents?
I have always done that.It seem like the most natural thing to do.
Let me relate one incident few months back.I was gonna take the Mrt n i heard one woman exclaim in malay while looking at my strollerÖh no Look baby is suffocating!!"(In malay ah)But yet she walked away after tht not telling me.Another chinese woman whispered to her fren..there were alot of pple who noticed but no one alerted me.I was damn furious.What if my baby was really suffocating?!!!
Its just this game she plays.She puts her beannie pillow onto her face n then flays ard her hands helplessly.But after a while she takes it off.She always plays this game.Looks scary.My frens when out with me had gotten shocks while they tried to "save"my baby!!
Of course i know tht she is fine but still pple ard dont know tht.Gd thing i speak most of the local languages so i understood wht they were saying.But u see no one knows i am a local.I look pretty ang moh.
N once or twice she did throw up abit on her top but again no one mentioned it although scores of pple apparently noticed as i was wheeling my stroller.Or even when i stopped to cross a traffic light.geeez!!

Its just like this morning when i was reading the paper the old woman whose leg was stuck in the gap of the platform said tht pple were just looking n no one really did anything!!!:elvis:
How sad is it tht Sg is like tht.Is it a little wonder tht abuse cases,or even the recent molest case in a public place goes unnoticed??Where the hell is the public spirit?!!!

littlehelper

For the baby part i MIGHT alert the parents.Cos some ppl will be really ungrateful and give the :" mind your own business face"Others will thank us.
So i guess thats why ppl tok about it mayb thats their form of trying to alert u and dun dare to go up and tell.
For the old lady at the platform one i deinitely would alert someone.
it mus have hurt lots.

woofy55

for me, yes - i would tell... and if they don't appreciate it then so be it, at least i done my part.

It's like - If my pants is unzipped, or if i've got some veg stuck in my teeth... i'll really appreciate someone will tell me..!! instead of me oredi went around the whole world and after that discover myself.. Furthermore, the scenerio u mentioned is abt life and death..

apollo

for me i will definitely tell the parents. in a nice way of cos. cos i notice some ppl will goes "hey u see ur baby..........." in a rude way.. got once, a toddler in his stroller and the mum bz attending to him, and one of his shoes dropped. many ppl beside them saw but no one bother to go forward to pick up for them! I saw the mother n son leaving alrdy and ran forward to pick up the boy's shoe.

btw ur baby so cute, play with such 'game' but lucky she knows how to take down the pillow.. haha..

jasobias

for me i will definitely tell the parents. in a nice way of cos. cos i notice some ppl will goes "hey you see your baby..........." in a rude way.. got once, a toddler in his stroller and the mum bz attending to him, and one of his shoes dropped. many ppl beside them saw but no one bother to go forward to pick up for them! I saw the mother n son leaving alrdy and ran forward to pick up the boy's shoe.

btw your baby so cute, play with such 'game' but lucky she knows how to take down the pillow.. haha..
hahahha..ya dunno why she plays like tht leh..its arelly scary ok.Will move ard arms also like suffocating..so weird!!N then u call her name she stops n looks up.:eek:

tika

hahahha..ya dont know why she plays like tht ..its arelly scary ok.Will move around arms also like suffocating..so weird!!N then you call her name she stops n looks up.:eek:
my mea does the same thing. only difference, she can't remove the pillow herself. 4 mths only mahh. But DAMN scary like HELL each time i happen to see her arms flailing in the air. I've always wanted to burn her beansprout pillow or any other pillow of her's since then but she has always slept more soundly when she has them on her chest. :( Eversince the last time it happened, I always keep checking on her every few minutes now.

About the informing parents about their child looking to be in distress, I would do it too. But so far I've never had the chance to! On the other hand, a nice domestic helper alerted me once when mea puked all over the front of my tshirt and i didn't realise it (was busy debating with hubby over sms). Second time, I was at polliwogs and I had mea in a rocker on the table. I sat down in front of her and read a mag while she played with her favourite blankie. Then i heard a frantic " Excuse me your baby!!!!" I turned to look at this lady standing in the ball pit and pointing frantically to the rocker. Mea was flailing her arms again. Blankie had covered her face.

Sigh. Why didn't God create humans with more than a pair of eyes. That way I can be looking at everything at one time.

sharonyi66

My baby's beanie pillow will too ended up onto her face.. So i've remove away from her since as she 'turning baby' that everything on her body will end up on her face (blankie/beanie)... Look into my blog photos and you will see my baby's sleeping pattern... It's so scary and imagine if it cover her face in the night when im already sleeping like a pig... goosh~~

hakisumi

I will tell...be it shoes drop I ll pick up, or spill milk or drop handkerchief...etc...cos some stroller is not those reversible one so can't see..
I would appreciate if someone could tell..vomit milk n stuffs..cos in the end is us to clean up...clean lesser than to clean more...lol...

diymummy

I would definitely tell the parents.

Once at a shopping mall's nursery, saw this mum peeling a hard boiled egg for her toddler. She stepped away for a while and her toddler was playing with the shells. I almost wanted to hit the toddler's hand because she was picking up the shells and I was afraid she would put the shells into her mouth. I quickly called the mum back and she said she allows her tod to play with the shells, did I feel relieved.

It's sad when people are just onlookers. But I also know there're people who would really help. Guess in such a mixed society, you'll bump into both types here and there.

apollo

I would definitely tell the parents.

Once at a shopping mall's nursery, saw this mum peeling a hard boiled egg for her toddler. She stepped away for a while and her toddler was playing with the shells. I almost wanted to hit the toddler's hand because she was picking up the shells and I was afraid she would put the shells into her mouth. I quickly called the mum back and she said she allows her tod to play with the shells, did I feel relieved.

It's sad when people are just onlookers. But I also know there're people who would really help. Guess in such a mixed society, you'll bump into both types here and there.
this one also can play ahh?? -.-"""