Window On The Park Buffet Restaurant@ Somerset MRT, Cavenagh Road

jal

I went there last weekend with my hubby thinking that we had snagged a great bargain buffet for the price is $34/pax. UOB & DBS card holders get a 1-for-1 privilege!!! So we went there full of expectations but alas... the food there sucks big time.

I tried all the dim sum there but they were soggy & lukewarm, the fillings were not fresh & the taste was really, really mediocre. Tiong Bahru Pau's dim sum taste much, much better & I do not have to pay any GST or service charge.

The pastry section (the one facing the main door) sucks as well. The fare was local peranakan (you can get such cheapskate kueh from roadside stalls...) & the variety was not much to speak of. The western dessert??? Well, there were not much choices to choose from & they tasted absolutely bland!!! I did not finish them. After eating 1 scoop from each little bowl, I put them aside. The western dessert was a total disaster.

The mixed yam rice & stir-fried ee main was at best, so-so.

The sushi variety was as usual, pathetically little & they were not fresh at all. Even the sashimi looked as if they had been left there for a few days, all clumped together in a shapeless glob.

The durian pengat had a foul smell, unlike the one at M Hotel. So I did not try it.

Will I go back there? Never!

CanCanMum

i went there last year sep/oct, in fact i recommended it under this section oso worhh...

dun tell me the standard has dropped so much.....???