Women vs Men boss

serenelm

prefer men boss... somehow the few women bosses i had previously were all quite ngiau... i prefer bosses who leave me alone to do my work, not asking me abt progress every hr of the day...

aby

prefer men boss... somehow the few women bosses i had previously were all quite ngiau... i prefer bosses who leave me alone to do my work, not asking me abt progress every hr of the day...
serenelm, heehee, agree with this.. As I used to head a section and admit that I was very ngiau :shyxxx:.. When I looked back, I just felt that at that point of time, I was very young (20yo only) and insecured.. Making my co-workers and myself miserable man.. :shyxxx: And after working for a while, felt that generally women bosses are more fussy but there are some exception.. :001_302:

male boss defintely better.... but if you found a female boss who you can click.... congrats man!!! there's only a handful around.... :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

stonston

i find my female boss easier to work with...male boss is too bochap n laidback until when ask him for some things, he takes like weeks to get it for me!!!!
n my female boss' expectations like very low....when she give something n i start working on it immediately since got no other work, she will give e very shocked look n ask me to take my time....

jaynshar

Prefer to wrk under men bosses..n oso male wrking enviroment.this is the current wrking environment i m wrking in...surrounded by mens...:Dancing_wub:

celine

ya prefer male boss... will let me do my own thingz...
unlike female, every min. will ask tis ask that... cant conentrate my work... haiz....

shopaholic

This is my 4th job, and out of these 4 bosses, the best and the worst boss happened to be women. Think depends on who we meet.

LoVeS

male bosses are alot better than female bosses, female bosses tend to vent their PMS on workers.

babypris86

for me .... this is my 3rd job... all female boss.. I hate the 2nd boss the most.... but my 1st and current boss is very gd... i think it depends... for example what kind of are or jobscope we are in...

CanCanMum

hallo, this thread is one year old! but i find it quite interesting and would like to chip in my comments :p

I have started working since 1997, 1st job my manager is woman, (big company, never get to see the big boss at all) - bad, just bad. Picks on my mistakes and gives bad appraisal for me. Never really learn anything from her. 2nd job - male colleague superior, also my mentor - teaches me a lot of things until i almost had a crush on him, in fact actually did....hahaha din work out?! 3rd job - 3 bosses all men. Very good lor - they take care of u, talk to u, mentor u, anything u can do with a friend, until i went out of limits and became 'good' friends with them. Now i ustd must draw a line betw befriending yr boss and staying away - must really draw a clean and infinite line. Never ever befriend yr boss.

My current job is lady boss, stayed here for the 5th year already, coming sixth year by dec 08! So far so good because she don't have a temper, and she thinks like a man. So i would say some1 in the middle will be good...hahaha!!!

badtzzz

men being a boss!!! not so fussy and much more easy going..now totally in a male working environment..the only cons is not really have a close female colleagues to talk with when really feeling stress...

had a female boss in my 1st job, tends to SCARED of her...as she likes to keep track and lookout at what we are doing...female boss like thinks a lot and more niao lor..everything also want budget cheap good fast efficient accurate..hahhaha

but i believe there are a few nice ones out there

Yuki Miaka

haha my boss my boss... i prefer male angmo boss ba..

My first boss is a Malay boss.... most of the time he is shouting at staff everyday... he like to use vulgar languages... almost every sentence cme with a F**... he like to bang table during meeting... just happen i always sit bside him so feel that the table is going to give way any time... lol

Second boss is a Chinese boss, typical family business company... the top managers are wife, uncle, father & brother... Hard to work with them, because they just throw all works @ non-family member workers because they themselves also lazy to handle works. During meeting or any discussion, they like to quarrel and shouting among themselves,, english vulgars.. hokkien vulgar and banging table, Poor thing, i am the minutes writter... so i gotta filter out vulgars, pick & choose, one hour meeting,, onli 15 mins are main point.

Third boss (current one, chinese local boss): Beside stingy still stingy. The top managers are all females ( as we said 5 tigers in the company with a cunning male fox). These 5 tigers are very famous in their shouting, screaming @ work. This is how they deal with works. One of them said, workers are like slave... dun need to sympatise.. dun listen to them too much so just make them work, we paid for themto work. Another tiger comment.. all her girls are slaves to her... if we wan to ask them to help us work, just pick, they will help.. you can see the girl head down, keep quiet , dare not say anything.
Just recently, another tiger scolded her gal until she cry in the toilet.

Anyways, my workplace are full of women.. -.-" alot of hidden shooting arrows everywhere and my department is the center ofarrow attracting area haha because i am in QC Dept.

Enjoy Reading.

i have two bosses - one male, one female. one angmoh the other chinese. very yin & yang loh.

both are very hard, strong individuals. both also always want to know small, small detail. but sometimes, both also want to look at big picture. but most of the time ... they're the opposite so will loggerhead with each other.

so all the managers boh pian stuck in between but still have to maintain political correctness!

i find my female boss a lot more visionary than my male boss. she tends to look @ the bigger picture much more & can foresee company's direction in 5 - 10 years.

my male boss is more operational ... make sure that we achieve certain goals within certain timeframe.

haiyah both oso stress lah. i want to quit liao.

azure

as much as i want to stand up for woman - i always feel that female can be as good as or even much better than male bosses ..... but, somehow ... the most horrible experience i have is from a female boss.

she has totally made me stay off from working under females ... too scary too emotional & too vindictive ... take things very personally & unable to draw a line from work & personal life ... on one hand, she wants to be seen buddy with you & tries so hard to know your life & such ... then on the other, she comes hurling at you with sarcastics remarks & scold you infront of others & pushed me to resign cos she feels that i outshined her, although i'm her kah-kai, working my ass off for her when she was holidaying ...

someone mentioned ang moh male boss, ya i have to agree on it. Ang moh male boss, usually boh chap that much as long as you deliver & dun really care about knowing too much of your personal life ... which i think its good.
somehow, to have friends in colleagues is a bonus. colleagues will always be colleagues ...

daberdew

Sighz.... I prefer male bosses to lady bosses but I had a very nice experience with one of my lady boss in the past. Very kind and understanding...

The rest of the lady bosses/superiors I have seen, all very jialat, lucky I was under male bosses... heng

wenz

my boss is a male... very understanding and flexible guy, as long as work is done and result is shown, he dun care wat u do in office or even coming to work anot... but when u have probs he is always there and open for discussion, but 1 bad thing is he very forgetful, sometime tell u some instruction and will forget about it making me like and idiot doing it for nothing.... other then tat he is fine...

I'm a female superior myself, i dun find myself diff to work with (haha) cos i also bo chap as long my gals are doing their works i won't nag at them at all....