Working mums, how did you use your 16weeks maternity leave?

pkshl

hi mummies, how did you plan your 16weeks maternity leave?

did you take 16weeks at one shot or take 8weeks/12weeks first & how did you use your balance maternity leave?

wenz

eh... i took 14 weeks first...
starting from my 38weeks to prepare for birth...

was planning that the balance 2 weeks can be used after i go back to work for baby's checkup etc... can even go on holidays! *shhh =x

haha cos sometime baby tend to get sick easily and 6days of CC leave not really enuff i felt...

like my DD last time suddenly hospitalise den need to stop work for 2weeks... aiyo no choice have to go on unpaid leaves lo.... so better save it and slowly use..

pkshl

i was planning to take 12weeks & balance 4weeks to use it flexibly over 10weeks as in work 3days off 2days, any mums doing that?

Phoebii Cheng

i was planning to take 12weeks & balance 4weeks to use it flexibly over 10weeks as in work 3days off 2days, any mums doing that?
That time, due to my work I took abt 4wks after tht come back to work......a bit "she bu de" abt my bb but no choice lah.....after abt 4 mths later, cos' my mom flying overseas, so took another 4 weeks....then the balance I told my boss tht will take it periodically lor.......

But I do agree that u leave some ML for bringing ur bb for checkup or vaccinations or for other things lah like private time with ur hubby....:tlaugh:

pkshl

That time, due to my work I took abt 4wks after tht come back to work......a bit "she bu de" abt my bb but no choice lah.....after abt 4 mths later, cos' my mom flying overseas, so took another 4 weeks....then the balance I told my boss tht will take it periodically lor.......

But I do agree that u leave some ML for bringing ur bb for checkup or vaccinations or for other things lah like private time with ur hubby....:tlaugh:
my hubby said that too, he said leave baby with his mum den we go short trip, i tel him no lor, i dun bear to leave baby & go on a trip, definately will keep tinking abt baby:001_302:

WEN_9117

Hmm for me I will take few days earlier before the due date.
Than I will take 8wks first. The balance I will take 4wks half day morning. Come in office during the afternoon. Than the balance another 4wks I will clear it during the 12 months lor.

pkshl

Hmm for me I will take few days earlier before the due date.
Than I will take 8wks first. The balance I will take 4wks half day morning. Come in office during the afternoon. Than the balance another 4wks I will clear it during the 12 months lor.
at first i plan the same as yours, but my HR dun allow half days, she give crap reason that ppl c liao will 'red eye'. so silly! endup she tel me i can only take 3workin days & off 2days but NO half days. my hubby say my HR VERY INFLEXIBLE !:nah:

WEN_9117

at first i plan the same as yours, but my HR dun allow half days, she give crap reason that ppl c liao will 'red eye'. so silly! endup she tel me i can only take 3workin days & off 2days but NO half days. my hubby say my HR VERY INFLEXIBLE !:nah:
hmm oic, my side here HR is ok coz she also can understand bb newborn is not easy. And my case MIL she got abit health issues and she did mention la during the first few months shower my bb b4 i go wrk lor. Until bb is more stable liao than she can handle. Y not try to talk to Ur HR again coz ML is your so wat the problem other ppl "RED EYE". Feel that ur HR ppl is so bad coz 3 day wrk & 2days off I can image that after u back wrk u wrk like hell.

stonston

for mine there's no such thing as keep for later use. must use up everything at one go. damn irritating!!

Phoebii Cheng

my hubby said that too, he said leave baby with his mum den we go short trip, i tel him no lor, i dun bear to leave baby & go on a trip, definately will keep tinking abt baby:001_302:
Yes u will keep on thinking abt bb one....even if u go out tog without bb for one day.....I oso like tht.....until now, oso dun really like the idea of short trip without bb....but lots of frens advise tht it is good for couple to hv their own private time......:tlaugh:

Mayb will think abt it when he is older bah........

Phoebii Cheng

hmm oic, my side here HR is ok coz she also can understand bb newborn is not easy. And my case MIL she got abit health issues and she did mention la during the first few months shower my bb b4 i go wrk lor. Until bb is more stable liao than she can handle. Y not try to talk to Ur HR again coz ML is your so wat the problem other ppl "RED EYE". Feel that ur HR ppl is so bad coz 3 day wrk & 2days off I can image that after u back wrk u wrk like hell.
Actually the ML right is u must clear within 6mths of ur last taken ML and the ML taken must b mutual consent between the employer & employee......so long as ur boss agree there is nothing the HR can do lor..... :Dancing_wub:

hstan15

hi all

pls do check with your on the bal wks of maternity leave if not intending to take one shot 4 mths cos i ever heard ppl loosing a few days of maternity leave when they break up the 4 months maternity leave.

uddermummy

am clearing mine all at one short. good thing too cos bb is a gerdling and really needs looking after.

anyway, boss hinted to me to take all at one shot, instead of 2 mths at one time. :p easier for him to do hr planning.

huiyin87

Actually the ML right is you must clear within 6mths of your last taken ML and the ML taken must b mutual consent between the employer & employee......so long as your boss agree there is nothing the HR can do ..... :Dancing_wub:
huh? but my HR told me maternity leave is must clear within 12 mths of baby birth.. not 6 mths le, heard policy just changed with effect since last year NDP..
me taking 14 weeks then balance 2 weeks use when need to bring baby see doctor..
now me looking after newborn 24 hr, super stressed and shagged..
it be nice to go on short trip with hubby..
breathe some fresh air and charge my energy back, haha
but i definately leave baby with my mum only.. someone i can trust.. :)

yukimaxx

it depends very much with your company policy. i will be clearing 3 mths of leave and the remaining 1 mth will be taken next yr. However, the remaining 1 mth has to be taken in blocks of weeks. I am not too sure if this works for all companies.

redjn

during my time was only 12wk so I planned my 1 wk earlier before my due date then planned to take 8wks with bal of 3wks on standby in case of emergency need. But it didn't turn out as planned. my delivery was 1 wk earlier due to a sudden high pressure so an immediate C-section take place the day after my last visit to my gynae for my last route check-out. then comes my confinement 4wk at home, my mum was helping me with my confinement & by the 5 wk she leave me alone with my boy guess what... i almost got into a depression cos i stay home all the time no one was with me except my bb (my hubby is a chef so always back late). I am a outdoor type person staying at home kills me..... in the end talk to my mum whom came back to stay with me for another 3 wks. when i go back to work I was so happy....

Ashbaby

Hi just wanna checked, if happen that the 8 weeks of ML happen to have a few days of holiday, so its still include in ur 8 weeks?