Would u cut down on your child's expense so as to support your parents financially???

jal

Would u cut down on your child's expense so as to support your parents financially???

If both your parents are not working & none of your siblings are earning a comfortable salary; your siblings are earning just enough to get through, would you cut down on your child's expenses like enrichment classes & combine $ with your siblings to help support your parents???

Spiralng

Re: Would u cut down on your child's expense so as to support your parents financiall

Yes will do that cos enrichment are just additional classes. moreover,once must not be ungratful cos kids will follow...

apollo

Re: Would u cut down on your child's expense so as to support your parents financiall

if that's the case, i will... buy lesser toys, lesser meals in restaurants etc... cause usually what we spend on our child, mostly are additional...

Spiralng

if that's the case, i will... buy lesser toys, lesser meals in restaurants etc... cause usually what we spend on our child, mostly are additional...
yep fully agreed. We have only one set of parents (in law not counted) if now dun take care of them then wait until when. As parents now, I believe in retribution..hee..hee...how u treat your parents(again, in law not counted) they will treat u the same.

Ting

yup i will.
enrichment classes n all these r just additional expenditure.
if my parents not working, of cos i would give them money to spend.

uddermummy

yes i will. enrichment classes are nice to haves... my mum is a must have!

stonston

'Shou xin shi rou, shou bei ye shi rou'

My parents will scold me if they find out I'm scrimping on my son to give them money if they are not working.

If I'm in that situation, I'll find more ways to earn more money so that no need to sacrifice any of them. There's always more ways to earn more money, it's just a matter of whether one wants to think/find/work or not.

jal

But what if that enrichment class for your child was something that you, as a child last time, wanted to learn very much but did not get the chance to due to financial problem??? Would you still withdraw your child from that enrichment class?

Or if you as a child did not have any toys of your own, you often have to borrow your cousin's, now that you are a parent, you do not wish to let your child go through the same kind of childhood as you did. Would you still willingly cut down on your child's expense?

jasobias

ya lor..if we dont support our parents..wht kind of example r we showing?Imagine tht they were young once,new parents like us who wanted to give the best for their children.hmm..actually i wonder why isit even an issue.Kids shld support their parents unless ah parents were abusive,MIA etc.Its weird but pple dont have as much patience as they do with old pple as they with kids.

apollo

But what if that enrichment class for your child was something that you, as a child last time, wanted to learn very much but did not get the chance to due to financial problem??? Would you still withdraw your child from that enrichment class?

Or if you as a child did not have any toys of your own, you often have to borrow your cousin's, now that you are a parent, you do not wish to let your child go through the same kind of childhood as you did. Would you still willingly cut down on your child's expense?
i think the mummies here who meant 'cut down' doesnt mean totally cut off... maybe only give those enrichment classes which they really need... as for toys, does not mean totally dont buy just CUT DOWN... meaning: buy those necessary... if i dont have to support my parents, maybe i can buy a few toys for dear son in a month but if i have to support them, maybe cut off from 10 to 6-7??? (nowadays toys very ex, if we buy a few lesser, can save up alot alrdy... =P) i know giving our child what they want and need is very impt but supporting our parents is as impt too. like what jasobias said, we have to set examples to our child too.. And what kind of daughter am I if I insist giving my child ALL he wants, ALL the enrichment classes but not forking out abit for my parents' living? :001_302:

Pei Qing

Yes. I do believe in being fillial. It's the best teaching. U teach ur kids to being fillial in person. Kids model you as an example.

stonston

Letting my child attend an enrichment to fulfill my childhood dream or buying a toy for him to fulfill my childhood void is NOT IMPORTANT.

What's important is him enjoying the learning through enrichment classes.
What's important is him liking the toy & playing with it often.

If we force all our 'childhood dreams & void' on our kids, they'll feel very opposed "I'm doing what mummy/daddy wanted to do, but I don't enjoy it".
Everything you do, do it for your child, not for your emotional void.

apollo

Letting my child attend an enrichment to fulfill my childhood dream or buying a toy for him to fulfill my childhood void is NOT IMPORTANT.

What's important is him enjoying the learning through enrichment classes.
What's important is him liking the toy & playing with it often.

If we force all our 'childhood dreams & void' on our kids, they'll feel very opposed "I'm doing what mummy/daddy wanted to do, but I dont't enjoy it".
Everything you do, do it for your child, not for your emotional void.
Totally agree!:Dancing_wub:

jal

I wonder why do I hear of such unfillial cases around me? These parents only care about their own children. As for their own parents, they dun care. They just shift the responsibility to their siblings. It is like, it is none of their business. It is indeed sad...

apollo

I wonder why do I hear of such unfillial cases around me? These parents only care about their own children. As for their own parents, they dont care. They just shift the responsibility to their siblings. It is like, it is none of their business. It is indeed sad...
yup... they (or we, in future) shd at least fork out whatever we can... slibings shd always share the burden or taking care to their own parents..

stonston

Jal, it could be the way they were brought up. We as onlookers will not know the real situation :)

Ting

yah i agree, maybe their parents r also like tt in the past??
tts why upbringing n imparting the right values to our children r very impt.

annie

wat U wanted to learn might not be wat your kid wanna learn?? if he wanna learn so much then i will let him continue n then scrimp on other things. as for toys, i believe toys are not very impt to a kids development. got a few enough liao. no need alot. my girl dosent have much toys but she is still a happy girl! i think parents are the kid's biggest toy! lol.

apollo

yah i agree, maybe their parents are also like that in the past??
tts why upbringing and imparting the right values to our children are very impt.
maybe u and stonston are right... cos i seen some ppl 'forget' abt their parents once they got married... their parents dont even get to see their granchild, maybe only once a year? but we all know it's simply becos the parents dont care them when they were young so now, they dont think there's a need to even visit them... while me, i'm quite close with my parents, esp my mum so she often feels v proud tt her daughter is v filial to her though i cant give her much on financially...:tlaugh:

jal

maybe you and stonston are right... cos i seen some ppl 'forget' about their parents once they got married... their parents dont even get to see their granchild, maybe only once a year? but we all know it's simply becos the parents dont care them when they were young so now, they dont think there's a need to even visit them... while me, i'm quite close with my parents, esp my mum so she often feels very proud that her daughter is very filial to her though i cant give her much on financially...:tlaugh:
Oh! Clap clap clap!!! :)