Would you RENT or BUY Children's Winter Clothes?

sherlin

Hi Mummies,

I am gathering some ideas here...

As the holidays are near, air tickets are cheaper, many families are going on holidays to places cooler than Singapore, places with winter climate

Would you choose to RENT winter coats, jackets, scarf, hat, muffles for ears, gloves or would you choose to BUY brand new ones

How much would you pay for RENTAL of a Burberry Winter Coat (padded) for your child aged 3 - 5 yrs old? Is $15 / week reasonable (with a deposit of $50, refundable)

Many replies are welcomed.

Thanks mummies

Sherlin

soapsoap

Hi Mummies,

I am gathering some ideas here...

As the holidays are near, air tickets are cheaper, many families are going on holidays to places cooler than Singapore, places with winter climate

Would you choose to RENT winter coats, jackets, scarf, hat, muffles for ears, gloves or would you choose to BUY brand new ones

How much would you pay for RENTAL of a Burberry Winter Coat (padded) for your child aged 3 - 5 yrs old? Is $15 / week reasonable (with a deposit of $50, refundable)

Many replies are welcomed.

Thanks mummies

Sherlin
i will, if got rent for adult one i also will cos at home no place to keep

littlehelper

yeah i think i would too cos firstly children outgrow clothes really quickly and secondly, we only need winter clothing for like that period that we are overseas as once in singapore you will NEVER wear it again until next trip.
If we were to buy winter clothes, it would be really ex and wasted.
Even for adults no point buying unless their work require them to travel to cold countries very often.

CanCanMum

i own winter clothes coz i ddink its quite ok to invest in one really good pc, and u can keep it for other trips next time.

but for kids i think its very reasonable oredi, coz no point buying coz they outgrow them so fast!!

camom

I will try to borrow from frens who bought 1st. If really don't have, then I will buy.

Mummy_J

I think this is a wonderful idea. Even better if you can find someone from the destination country to provide and collect the winter clothing at the start and end of the tour. Help save some luggage space for souvenirs.

If you need a supplier of winter clothes, please let me know.

xmaz3

Alpha Male
I recently bought some winter clothings from GAP online for my boy for the coming holiday as they were having some sale. Prices are not too bad.

I think renting is a good idea because i have several winter clothes with i only wear for once. Not only does it takes up space in the closet but it is a waste of money.

LoVeS

For children i tink rent will b more worth it coz they outgrown very fast plus they wont get to wear it often too n lastly winter clothes r nt cheap lor~

diymummy

Yesterday I was at 313. Saw Uni Qlo having sale and having some winter stuff for adults and kids which are not very expensive. $20+ for a fleece jacket.

For adults, I agree that you can invest in a good one which you can use for multiple trips. For kids, maybe can borrow from friends?

Sometimes I don't trust rental because I don't trust their level of cleanliness.

Personally I've had quite a shocking experience with a toy rental company that's why I'm not so into rental of anything for kids now.