Young mummies?

KAmum

Hi, was just wondering if they're any young mums out here? I don't know if.I'm alone in this but when i go out, people tend to stare and whisper and all. I don't mind but i once heard this woman say i cant take care of my baby :mad: I may be young but I can take care of her >:[ any other mums facing this? what do you do?

ast0212

Hi, was just wondering if they're any young mums out here? I don't know if.I'm alone in this but when i go out, people tend to stare and whisper and all. I don't mind but i once heard this woman say i cant take care of my baby :mad: I may be young but I can take care of her >:[ any other mums facing this? what do you do?
I'm not a young mum. 100 years ago I would probably be an old mum whereas you would most likely fit in with the norm :p Block your ears, people will always judge no matter how young or old you are as a mother. If not on age, the public feel it is their duty to judge upon parenting techniques, how loud your child throws a tantrum in the shopping centre or cries on the plane. Parents will always be judged.

KAmum

OMG YESSSS. just the other day my bf and i.were out w our daughter. I have experience w babysitting bt bf doesnt. When bby cried i was in the toilet n he.took quite awhile to calm her dwn. When i came out.n carried her this woman was like "stupid, both look under 20 still want to hv baby" n she went up to bf "u useless la how.to be father when u cant calm her down! stupid!" LIKE

Excuse me who the fck are you:mad:

Chewysee

Not to worry. You're not alone. I'm 19 going 20 this year. Experiencing my first pregnancy at 5 months:) but I haven't encounter such aunties yet. haha. Maybe next time when u encounter such problems again you can tell the aunties to mind their own business. This is your life. Not hers.

JoeyLim0402

Same. Especially they like to asked lots of questions like, now doing what? never think of going back study? Blah~ like as if we are close with them.

Chewysee

Same. Especially they like to asked lots of questions like, now doing what? never think of going back study? Blah~ like as if we are close with them.
HAHAHAA! Eh singaporean aunties are like that everytime ask about study. Never even think of the factors if we go back to study, like who can take care of baby, or who will pay for babysitters and etc.. At least must work and pay our bills first before we are stable enough to go back to study mah. Wakao, ask them take money come.. then we can straight away go study.

lamghh

LOL. those auntie should really mind their own business man. haha. anyway do you girls have headache what are able to eat and what not to? many elderly had so many restriction towards food.

JoeyLim0402

HAHAHAA! Eh singaporean aunties are like that everytime ask about study. Never even think of the factors if we go back to study, like who can take care of baby, or who will pay for babysitters and etc.. At least must work and pay our bills first before we are stable enough to go back to study mah. Wakao, ask them take money come.. then we can straight away go study.
Ya! Hahaha! Bth Keep saying u how old only, so young already mummy le ah. Then give a sarcastic smile. Hais then I will give them a Whysokpo?! Face. So what we are young. I know I can give my child the best in everything then can alr. Don't need their opinion!

JoeyLim0402

LOL. those auntie should really mind their own business man. haha. anyway do you girls have headache what are able to eat and what not to? many elderly had so many restriction towards food.
Try dont eat too much Raw food, Like salmon. Unagi can. pineapple, half boiled egg, and things with caffeine. Eat more fruits and drink more milk :)

lamghh

Try dont eat too much Raw food, Like salmon. Unagi can. pineapple, half boiled egg, and things with caffeine. Eat more fruits and drink more milk :)
Thanks alot joey. :001_302: i find it really hard to talk to my friends about such issue as none of them are pregnant or married. problems with mother in law and pregnancy are kinda stressful.

karynn

Hello ! I'm 18 with a coming 4 months baby boy . Young mummy can be as good too ! Cheers for young mummies ! :)

Last edited:

munzy06

OMG YESSSS. just the other day my bf and i.were out w our daughter. I have experience w babysitting bt bf doesnt. When bby cried i was in the toilet n he.took quite awhile to calm her dwn. When i came out.n carried her this woman was like "stupid, both look under 20 still want to hv baby" n she went up to bf "u useless la how.to be father when u cant calm her down! stupid!" :mad:
Oh dear this is terrible. Singaporeans can be so unforgiving and narrow-minded sometimes. Stay strong!! :)

KAmum

Chewysee:664861 said:
Not to worry. You're not alone. I'm 19 going 20 this year. Experiencing my first pregnancy at 5 months:) but I haven't encounter such aunties yet. haha. Maybe next time when u encounter such problems again you can tell the aunties to mind their own business. This is your life. Not hers.
yeah i will them. Pahhhhh they look down on ypung mummies for what!! ):<

KAmum

karynn:665907 said:
Hello ! I'm 18 with a coming 4 months baby boy . Young mummy can be as good too ! Cheers for young mummies ! :)
yay young mummy! ;) young mummies are strong ok, we have to tolerate gossips too ya! wheeee <3

KAmum

munzy06:665909 said:
OMG YESSSS. just the other day my bf and i.were out w our daughter. I have experience w babysitting bt bf doesnt. When bby cried i was in the toilet n he.took quite awhile to calm her dwn. When i came out.n carried her this woman was like "stupid, both look under 20 still want to hv baby" n she went up to bf "u useless la how.to be father when u cant calm her down! stupid!" :mad:
Oh dear this is terrible. Singaporeans can be so unforgiving and narrow-minded sometimes. Stay strong!! :)
thank you! i will :') hehehe. Lucky bf staying omg i was so worried he'll leave me T.T HEHEHE :3

JoeyLim0402

Thanks alot joey. :001_302: i find it really hard to talk to my friends about such issue as none of them are pregnant or married. problems with mother in law and pregnancy are kinda stressful.
Ya me too! I'm 18 and my baby is 7 months old. Wad bout u? :) I rmb during the times when I'm pregnant I'm really so bored and stressful cos my friends are like ur friends too. Most of them are not married and pregnant yet. So everything can only check online. But don't worry, just keep thinking that u will gey to see ur little gem soon and u won't feel stressful anymore hehe.

karynn

Hi joeylim0402 ,

I am in the same situation as you ! My friends are still studying while the rest of the preggy mums are later than me . So i got to check everything in the iphone apps and google became my best friend . Haha