Your most recommended brand of fenugreek?

ling02

Hi bigmummylove,

may i know how does this breastea taste like? herbal/flowery taste etc?

I just tried the cheapest bottle I could find. After one week, I had no increase but I did smell like maple syrup.

For herbs to work, you have to use a lot of them.

I would just pick a brand and get started on them. Every mom is different. If fenugreek doesn't work by itself after a week, you will probably need to use a multi product like Breastea. With Breastea (do a websearch for it) I went from pumping 1/2 ounce to over 5 ounces. Just make sure that whatever product you use to use it daily.

clare chan

Hi,

just my thoughts because of personal experience.

Fenugreek capsules did not work for me. It increased the milk, yes, but it also caused very bad colic in my baby. She was puking up every feed until I stopped my fenugreek intake. And I only took 1 cap of the GNC brand a day. Then I read up that fenugreek on its own actually just thins out the milk. So you get more milk but it is thinner. So it needs other herbs to thicken/enrich the milk.

If you find the taste of Sacred Tea horrible, try the loose tea blend from the Birth Shop. I found the fruity blend very very nice :)

Hi, is e loose tea effective?
does it increase breastmilk supply?

whitecatz

Hi, is e loose tea effective?
does it increase breastmilk supply?

Yes, it did for me :) else I wouldn't mention it. but your body is different from mine; the missing things they need for lactation could be different. Try and see if it works.

For me, I found a combination of things worked for me. Plus I exclusively breastfed my baby on weeknights and weekends so that the output is maximised. Pumps don't quite work for me.

Elmo2109

Hi mummies,
GNC Fenugreek Selling at $17(usual price $29.50), i only ate a few tablets.
expiry date July 2015.

collection at sengkang shell petrol station or mrt.
Interested pls PM me.