Zhu Sheng Niang Niang

melody yu

Ya lo...shld I know that getting pregnant can b such a difficult task,I'd have TTC straight away after I got married >_<

Dragontail

I've just done my acupuncture so I share share here a bit with you ladies...

It wasnt painful. Just prickly and you feel the points "sng sng". The points are on the crown, around tummy, near your wrists, and some on the lower legs. She lets you rest for half hour and also places a heat lamp on top of the tummy.

When done, I dont really feel anything :p Just a little sensation (like blood flowing around) in my tummy. I'm visiting again this Sun. $30 so I think it's not expensive.

melody yu

Ooo....sounds interesting. Ur sinseh is the one at amk right?? Can ask ur sinseh whether can juz do acupuncture n dun take e Chinese meds?? Hahaha

Dragontail

faithmummy, yes I think it's a good time for you. That's what the sinseh is doing for me now. This morning's session is done at CD14. My last ovulation according to BBT is CD22. But the acupuncture might bring forward my ovulation date. So technically, I'm nearing my fertile period and with the help of acupuncture, it also gets the uterus more ready in case there's an implantation.

Dragontail

I read that acupuncture typically takes about 3 cycles to see result. So I gotta be patient and hope for miracles.

Yes good luck to all of us here....

Dragontail
can i check with u...
Your tcm mention abt acupuncture bringing ovulation earlier ... did she mention how early is early?

Dragontail

Halo there.

I didnt ask her but my case, I finally did ovulate earlier; my BBT temperature went to a hike this morning. Last month, my ovulation was CD22. This time is CD19. On CD18, ie last Sunday, I went for 2nd round of acupuncture. Next day I seem to have ovulated based on the charting.

From my own observation, ovulating on CD22 is quite late for me (afterall, last month was my first mense after M/C so maybe it wasnt regulated yet). Ovulating on CD19 seems to be more right because when I last conceived (homework with hubby :p), I'm very sure I was at my CD14-17 (we did twice). So O on CD19 sounds more right. Not sure if I'm making my own sense. Haa.

Anyway, I guess the acupunture did help on bringing earlier the O and thus regulating my cycle too.

littlehamster

Ovulate late means no good? My last cycle is I o on CD21. 1 day later than past few mths. Feels abit different from previous cycle as like have extra hormones even after af come

Dragontail

A late ovulation doesn’t mean “no good”. It’s just that you have lesser chances of conceiving say within a year as you’ll have fewer cycles! That’s what I interpret it.

Dragontail

My cycle is also around there. Shortest is 29, longest is 33. Not the same every cycle. Therefore back then w/o charting temperature, I only solely rely on EWCM to be doing the deeds for TTC.

diorly

Hi Dragontail, do you find basal temp charting more useful? i mean scully that day u really running a fever leh, thus spike in temp..lol :p

Dragontail

Hi. BBT is useful especially if you've charted for a few cycles and you start to see a common pattern and you'll know your body/cycle better.

And it also gives a sense of "closure" for that cycle because you know when you've ovulated and the couple can stop the BD if you're one who time that activity for TTC purpose.

You need the thermal shift to stay up for at least 3 days to confirm that the O did take place. You would know if you're already running a fever....one wouldn't read too much into the shift if that's the case.