Zion Kindergarten Serangoon/ Bishan

HoneybunnyZ

Hi mommies, any of your kids are there or went there before?

Any feedback?

Now the serangoon side incorporated Sportsball and I thought it's really good for the nursery kids....hope to hear from someone soon..

Thanks!

HoneybunnyZ

I can't seem to find much about this kindergarten.
The principal is kind enough to let me in her chinese class and music and movement today with my boy to experience for myself.
The chinese teacher is alot more animated, sing songs and energetic with arts and craft compared to LSk, sit down for the whole 25mins, with a small mobile white board.

The white board at Zion is huge. And because afternoon class is small and also principal refused to take in large number of students, the ratio is much smaller than LSK.

My boy actually smiled during the chinese class today! He said it's more fun.

I am kinda torn now.

LSK - huge facilities. studio room for music and movement (tho I just saw them watching video on projector all sitting down once). white board is tiny. Teacher to ratio is stretched to the max. Chinese teacher lessons are too short and honestly...very boring. they have a large hall for assembly. going to toilet is like waiting for eternity....cos imagine waiting for 20-24 students to finish....etc. Principal is nice. Teachers are nice but my hubby feel they lack energy maybe cos they are so stretched u know. Not much outdoor stuff. For nursery and pre nursery, not individual rooms so can be really noisy.

Zion Serangoon - space not as huge but large clear whiteboard. Student ratio is small. They have PE and Sportball every week. It's sheltered so rain or shine sure have. Classrooms are individual though of course the whole place has been around since 1956 facilities are not so huge and great as LSK. Toilets are nice...girls and boys separated unlike LSK. The chinese teacher is more fun and animated. The music movement class kids get to take turn to try instruments and sing. Fees are cheaper. I find the outdoor acitivities interesting. They don't do readers books but will have a scrap book for kids to paste their work in there for eng and chinese.

kids from LSK i can see during class more well-behaved and if not sitting still for a few times, they get sent to quiet square to stand or sit. Kids from Zion are more active but teachers will encourage them to sit. I think partly cos I am around today.

Ahhh...dunno...no one with experience in Zion?

Acy

Hi, I had just went for a trial lesson with my near 3 years old boy last Thursday. My boy's first class was GUG - united sq at 18mths to 26 months. After that I moved him to ZOOPHONICS at serangoon central during starting thus jan. it lasted only 2 days, for on the first day, my boy whom was always active and friendly, went in the centre by himself with him bag and bottle, and even wave bye to us. But the end of 2hrs, it was terrible!! When we saw him, he was already crying, with his nose area all dirty and no one wipes his nose and face, even worse, he had even poo in his diaper! It was as if he had been real scared and frightened by someone! ZOOPHONICS doesn't allow parent to be in the classroom even from first day! And most importantly, you can't see your kid inside the classroom at all cos they don't have any pee-holes or small windows to see your child, anyway 2nd day he went again crying and begging me! That's was the last he went, thou I pay for the $380 fees already, but it was disaster! My son became a diff person he used to be after d first day he went there, his personality changed, he became sulky, teary, will sit in a corner and keep saying, I don't want go school! He go back to GUG again, and luckily he manage to feel better in a familiar environment, after 2 weeks he became d same old him. I choose Zion for I want a location near and my fren recommend to me. I went for a trial and my boy was happy. It is a Christian school and with its timetable & environment, I enrol him for July class:)

Acy

Btw, my husband and I are very pleased with Zion kindergarten and most imp, my son able to adapt independently at there. Which is most comforting:)