Fried Hokkien Mee

nasha

1. Marinate prawns wz garlic powder & pepper.
2. Stir fry prawns wz oil till abt 70% cooked.
3. Toss in yellow noodles & laksa mee & stir fry for a minute.
4. Pour in chicken broth & a few dashes of fish sauce.
5. Cover and let it cook for a minute till steam gush out.
6. Crack in an egg, stir it into the noodles and continue to stir fry.
7. Add in sotong, fish cake, beansprout and fry for awhile.
(If mixture too dry, add in more broth and if too wet, just fry longer till sauce evaporates)

leey

thank for sharing, great.

will try it this sunday,
and prepare the food materials on saturday ...

nasha

thank for sharing, great.

will try it this sunday,
and prepare the food materials on saturday ...

Hi leey, hv u tried the recipe? I found it on net & hv tried cooking it.
Taste like those frm hawker centre.

Jane_Mummy

1. Marinate prawns wz garlic powder & pepper.
2. Stir fry prawns wz oil till abt 70% cooked.
3. Toss in yellow noodles & laksa mee & stir fry for a minute.
4. Pour in chicken broth & a few dashes of fish sauce.
5. Cover and let it cook for a minute till steam gush out.
6. Crack in an egg, stir it into the noodles and continue to stir fry.
7. Add in sotong, fish cake, beansprout and fry for awhile.
(If mixture too dry, add in more broth and if too wet, just fry longer till sauce evaporates)
sound like quiet easy lor but dunno weather cook liao they will eat ma hahah.

kerand

Hi Leey,

Just out of curiousity.. why is it chicken broth and not prawn broth? I always wanted to cook the hokkien mee but never got chance to come across the recipe. Thanks for sharing. Will try it out tml to see If can success and bring this dish to my little gal birthday party on wednesday!

Cheers!

nasha

Hi Leey,

Just out of curiousity.. why is it chicken broth and not prawn broth? I always wanted to cook the hokkien mee but never got chance to come across the recipe. Thanks for sharing. Will try it out tml to see If can success and bring this dish to my little gal birthday party on wednesday!

Cheers!
Hi kerand,
Got this recipe frm the net and it was stated as chicken broth so i use the instant Heinz chicken broth and the hokkien mee turns out quite delicious and its super easy to cook!
Hope u hv tried it wz success!

crystal79

Hi nasha,

I have try it out today but the noodle are dry and tasteless. Hope to get some valuable guidance from you. How many tablespoon of chicken broth & fish sauce should I add in? Do I need to fry with garlic before I add in the marinated prawns? Lastly, do I need to add MSG too? Hope you can tell me in more details for all the ingredients. Thanks a lot for your time. :)

nasha

Hi Crystal,
Sory 4 late reply cos seldom log on.
The guy who posted tis recipe on net jus mention the ingredients & step oni so me jus "aga aga" when i cook it the other few times. For the chicken broth i make sure enough to cover the noodles and the fish sauce i jus put a few dashes. U use the instant kind of broth? If too dry probably broth not enough. I didnt use any msg or any other seasoning jus the broth & fish sauce, it really turns out quite tasty as what the guy claimed leh. Oh ya & i also didnt use garlic to fry the prawn.
Realy hope u can try it again wz success!

Last edited: