attire during confinement

iwan2noe

Hi hi dear mummies,

What do you wear during your confinement? is it long sleeves and Long pants like what many pple is advised ? Reason being cannot let wind blow to you etc, else will cause you feng shi when you aged?

Last edited:

godloved

For me, it was t-shirts, shorts, and button up tops cos I fully bf my gal..wore socks and no fan to blow directly..;) After any baths (if allowed with herb water which is warm) blow dry hair, get dressed immediately... ;)

Didnt feel that longs would be practical in our weather, esp when bf-ing i cant imagine latching her onto sweaty breasts but still heed some advices of the elderly, so I took a "meet at halfway" approach.

Just tell urself, confinement is for ur good and however hard, it will be over...;) jia you

iwan2noe

For me, it was t-shirts, shorts, and button up tops cos I fully bf my gal..wore socks and no fan to blow directly..;) After any baths (if allowed with herb water which is warm) blow dry hair, get dressed immediately... ;)

Didnt feel that longs would be practical in our weather, esp when bf-ing i cant imagine latching her onto sweaty breasts but still heed some advices of the elderly, so I took a "meet at halfway" approach.

Just tell yourself, confinement is for your good and however hard, it will be over...;) jia you
Hi godloved,

Yup, i think my practice is like yours =)

Ivy Miao

Hi hi dear mummies,

What do you wear during your confinement? is it long sleeves and Long pants like what many pple is advised ? Reason being cannot let wind blow to you etc, else will cause you feng shi when you aged?
Eating all the confinement food and drinking the red longan tea makes me perspire more. So i wear my hub tshirt (Peggy) and a shorts with sandals at home. Singapore is really warm. With the long sleeve and long pants, temper can be really bad..

shiyi

i wore normal tshirt n shorts..
Taking those food cooked with ginger and longan tea makes me sweat even more.. Wipe myself with wet towel everyday lor..but now after 1 wk.. i beh tahan start bathing everyday liao haha

camom

I wear t-shirts n shorts during the day and nightgowns at night. Too hot to wear anything else. When I bf, I prefer to take the entire top off rather than fumble with the cloth. I bf in my own room with door locked.

iwan2noe

I wear t-shirts n shorts during the day and nightgowns at night. Too hot to wear anything else. When I bf, I prefer to take the entire top off rather than fumble with the cloth. I bf in my own room with door locked.
ya, I also took off my whole top while breastfeeding my bb and also when I'm pumping milk out:)

shiyi

wun the other breast leak badly when ure bf-ing?
had to wear nursing bra everyday..so sweaty..

Verona's

Yes leh , i agree . the other breast would leak badly one , then later the breast pad also soak with milk :( make untill nursing bra also wet , prefer taking of clothes more comfortable also ..

Phoebii Cheng

I wore those short sleeves PJs front button for easy access to BF and socks and sandals ......

But cos I live in the east side, no fan oso quite windy, so sometimes wear sweater when get too windy....

Perspire oso no choice......

catherlyn

Throughout my confinment I wore sleeveless n shorts haha ganna nag by grandma when I called her but my mil ok cos weather so hot! Then everyday I wipe myself but when bb ger got hospitalise during my 3rd week I start to shower alternate day with very hot water thn wash hair every 3 days. It's not fun to not to wash hair especially if u hv long hair!

camom

Leak, so I use milk bottle to collect. Just hold bottle with the other hand and position under the nipple. Don't waste! :)

Seriously, I use my palm to press against the nipple when I feel a let down coming. Help to minimise leakage.

godloved

Hi godloved,

Yup, i think my practice is like yours =)
Glad to know that :)

With regards to the leaking, sometimes I just use tissues or even my t-shirt (if i took it off totally), den will use that chance to wipe myself down and have a change of clothes..during the time when I had my confinement.

I only use nursing bra when out of the house :shyxxx:

Now still leaks but I will offer the bigger side to my gal first so as to minimise wastage..

iwan2noe

Glad to know that :)

With regards to the leaking, sometimes I just use tissues or even my t-shirt (if i took it off totally), then will use that chance to wipe myself down and have a change of clothes..during the time when I had my confinement.

I only use nursing bra when out of the house :shyxxx:

Now still leaks but I will offer the bigger side to my gal first so as to minimise wastage..
me too..i use tissue if i can reach to wipe my leaking breast or else my t-shurt then change it..bevcause i always perspire alot when i am pumping milk esp so in this hot sg weather..haha..but i use nursing bra at home also as i have visitors on and off =P

shiyi

me too..i use tissue if i can reach to wipe my leaking breast or else my t-shurt then change it..bevcause i always perspire alot when i am pumping milk esp so in this hot sg weather..haha..but i use nursing bra at home also as i have visitors on and off =P
i canot dun wear nursing bra at home leh.. cos every now and then will suddenly leak