Baking Bread

chenhuizhu

Anyone can tell me why the bread I bake was not same like why we buy from the confectioney shop? mine one abit hard and especially 1 or 2 day later, it more hard. I followed the recipe from FM LOVE 972.

camom

Did you knead it sufficiently? What type of dough recipe do you use? Did you use bread improver/softener? For me, I hand knead my dough and with sufficient kneading and punching, my bread is soft enough. I usually bake buns though and use a sweet bread dough.

LSmummy

I made tuna bread on tues and till now it taste nice and soft even I toast it.
maybe you want to post the recipes you had used?

meiteoh

It's easier for us to tell you the problem if you share the recipe. :) Usually my breads turn out fine; soft on the inside and crusty on the outside, exactly like how my hubby likes it (typical of French bakeries)!

zaclin29

usually bread becomes hard because u didnt knead it long enough...
best to get a mixer with the bread hook so that u can knead for a longer period..

stonston

In bakeries, they use dough conditioner and dough softeners. These are commercial products (chemicals) to help keep bread soft and nice.

If you want to get them, Phoon Huat does sell small quantities of them.

However, choosing the right type/brand of flour is more impt.
You also need to knead the dough well to work the gluten and give it time to rest before you shape them and bake them.

I bought a bread machine cos we bake rather often and it's less messy/tedious. Just pop ingredients in at night, turn it on and you'll get fresh bread in the morning. No worries about it being tough :p