First time mom and need help!!!

Hi all, I need help. Trying to start on buying some baby stuff (since there's baby fare at Taka) but was afraid that I might buy things that are not necessary. Can some experience mom or mom to be advise me what are the things that I really should buy eg. bottle steriliser, nursing pillow and things I dont really need.. Appreciate your greatest help! Btw, my EDD is Dec 2011. (Is it too early to buy stuff? :p

lyra

Hi mummy, I'm not experienced mom but learning on the way :)
I shared abt some of the things I bought on Baby And Me so maybe u can take a look?
Think if u intend to breastfeed, start getting breast pump, nursing bras breast pads etc
Can also buy bottles and extra teats. Sign up for SCO breastfeeding mothers support grp's Oct workshop!
I got old clothes hand down from ppl n some new newborn clothes. Dun get too many as bb tend to outgrow them fast.
Also can get wash cloths, nappy cloths or diapers, baby wipes (my fren say we need plenty of these), baby rocker or Yao Lan, baby cot, bath tub (if hospital dun provide), prams n carrier depending on ur needs.
Also check out the 'things to pack for hospital stay' list at third trimester section of this forum so u can prepare these things for ur delivery early :)

Hi mummy, I'm not experienced mom but learning on the way :)
I shared about some of the things I bought on Baby And Me so maybe you can take a look?
Think if you intend to breastfeed, start getting breast pump, nursing bras breast pads etc
Can also buy bottles and extra teats. Sign up for SCO breastfeeding mothers support grp's Oct workshop!
I got old clothes hand down from ppl n some new newborn clothes. dont get too many as baby tend to outgrow them fast.
Also can get wash cloths, nappy cloths or diapers, baby wipes (my friend say we need plenty of these), baby rocker or Yao Lan, baby cot, bath tub (if hospital dont provide), prams n carrier depending on your needs.
Also check out the 'things to pack for hospital stay' list at third trimester section of this forum so you can prepare these things for your delivery early :)
Good morning Lyra! Eh wow! That's a great information you have just shared! Thanks! Well, as you can see... I think every new mom to be have this problem! I intend to go crazy when I see clothes online and esp now having the baby fair at taka, I feel like buying a hell lot of unnessary things! *Guilty*

missyqiqi

Good morning Lyra! Eh wow! That's a great information you have just shared! Thanks! Well, as you can see... I think every new mom to be have this problem! I intend to go crazy when I see clothes online and esp now having the baby fair at taka, I feel like buying a hell lot of unnessary things! *Guilty*

Hihi, I also go crazy when I saw baby clothes online, esp when they are having sales. But I limit my buys to certain amount og clothes coz u can ask ur relatives or friends to pass u some. And also for the first 3 months, babies clothes tend to wear out very first too.

u can go google about newborn checklist example THIS (printable)

go through what u need and what u don't. Some times when u buy certain stuff like playpen or baby cot, they will give u free matress etc, then u no need to buy etc..

check out this link also (non-printable).

Hopefully it helps and CONGRATS on ur pregnant!!! :D

Hihi, I also go crazy when I saw baby clothes online, esp when they are having sales. But I limit my buys to certain amount og clothes coz u can ask ur relatives or friends to pass u some. And also for the first 3 months, babies clothes tend to wear out very first too.

u can go google about newborn checklist example THIS (printable)

go through what u need and what u don't. Some times when u buy certain stuff like playpen or baby cot, they will give u free matress etc, then u no need to buy etc..

check out this link also (non-printable).

Hopefully it helps and CONGRATS on ur pregnant!!! :D
Oh wow! I love the printable baby checklist so very much!!!!!! Thank you very much missyqiqi!!!!!!!!! :)

missyqiqi

Oh wow! I love the printable baby checklist so very much!!!!!! Thank you very much missyqiqi!!!!!!!!! :)

welcome, but must be careful when u going through the checklist coz some of them u can get from relatives, and some is just unnecessary stuff. :D happy shopping!!