Herbal Bath or Normal Bath??

angelwendy

:001_302:Hi All Mummy... May i knw when confinement period, do u shower with herbal?? ( meaning whose people buy from the chinese medica hall de? ) or u just take normal bath witout any herbal... was thining of having normal bath as i find it very troublesome.... Thanks

Phoebii Cheng

I took the herbal bath....actually it is easy to use, it's like a tea bag, just boil the amount of water that u need put the bag in , wait until the water is slightly warm before u take the bath.......:tlaugh:

angelwendy

:001_302::001_302: Thanks for all the reply... may i knw how much is one pack?? & also will the smell be strong??

apollo

i wasnt allow to bath everyday only get use herbal to clean my body everyday.. but on day 12 onwards, my CL and my mum allowed me to bath using herbal. my mum bought the herbal pack from Hock Hwa (Fu hua). one pack 2bucks. u can go and ask the person for "da feng Ai" and the person will show u.

though cannot bath with normal water but i still wash my 'down there' many times per day with shower foam hehe... ermmm actually i alrdy bath with normal cool water the day i discharged! my hubby helped me without my family and CL knowing.. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

apollo

btw the 'da feng ai' from hock hwa smell very nice!! much more nicer than what i expected.. passed an unused pack to my fren when she was doing confinement and she also agreed with me. hehe :001_302:

hakisumi

I took herbal bath...Put the herbal water into a pail..like olden days shower method
My mil say the direct shower head is no good.. Anyway..I just listen can shower I happy like mad ler..
Head I wash on the 12th day..ta bu leh ta Han.. Pil went out n I wash m blow dry
I bought mine from Chinese medical ..1 pkt I think 60cts?? Can't really recall..I just buy 30 pkts though...

I took normal bath and sometimes I bath with cold tap wAter. Cos the weather is too hot and the herbal water only made me perspire more.

I do not believe in those old folk tales because IMO, men, who dun give birth, also have reumatism at old age. It's not only the women who get it so I dun see the link about giving birth/bathing with reumatism.

Just do whatever makes you comfortable ok.

angelwendy

I took normal bath and sometimes I bath with cold tap wAter. Cos the weather is too hot and the herbal water only made me perspire more.

I do not believe in those old folk tales because IMO, men, who dont give birth, also have reumatism at old age. It's not only the women who get it so I dont see the link about giving birth/bathing with reumatism.

Just do whatever makes you comfortable ok.

Actually i prefer normal bath... just that my granny will be home... so she might nag at me... haha:err: so i also confuse..

apollo

Actually i prefer normal bath... just that my granny will be home... so she might nag at me... haha:err: so i also confuse..
hehe tt time i bluff my mjum, told her my menses flow alot, nd to wash 'down there' so i hid inside the toilet, with the help of my hubby, i manage to hav a short but cool bath, of cos didnt hav the chance to wash my hair.. hehe:001_302:

lynoh78

i bath after 1week of my confinement wen i take out my dressing, bath n wash hair every alternate wif herbal n i find dat its v troubleson coz after i bath cum out i feel hot oso tink im gg to take normal showel bath wen my last week confinement

My CL insist I use the herbal water to bath. In order to stop her from nagging, I brought the pail of herbal water into the toilet and pretend to bath with it. But actually I bath with tap water. Bcos the water is quite sandy, as in there are herbs and sand in the water. So how not to wash with tap water? Cannot leave the herbs in your hair right??

during my confinement i bathed with boiled lemongrass (serai) and old ginger.... not herbal mix fr medical hall.

the CL will boiled abt 2-3 big kettle of these early in the morning and will bathe around late morning 11am+ when the boiled water cool down and not too cold....The smell is very nice too... but will perspire after bathing but bearable

diymummy

I think most importantly is not to catch a chill while bathing, whether herbal or not. After delivery your body is still recovering plus the late nights and lack of sleep, your body is really not in the best of shape to take chills.

If you do decide to use the herbal bath and soak the herbs in hot water before taking a shower, make sure the water is not too cool by the time you bathe and make your shower a quick one.

It's important to watch your hygiene when you're breastfeeding. You're going to be craddling your baby and he/she will be able to smell you. Plus after each feed, remember to clean off baby's saliva from your nipples. Keep clean because baby's immune is still developing.

Just my 2 cents worth abt the matter. No point stressing yourself out during confinement because handling a new baby and transitioning into motherhood is already stressful in itself.

I think most importantly is not to catch a chill while bathing, whether herbal or not. After delivery your body is still recovering plus the late nights and lack of sleep, your body is really not in the best of shape to take chills.

If you do decide to use the herbal bath and soak the herbs in hot water before taking a shower, make sure the water is not too cool by the time you bathe and make your shower a quick one.

It's important to watch your hygiene when you're breastfeeding. You're going to be craddling your baby and he/she will be able to smell you. Plus after each feed, remember to clean off baby's saliva from your nipples. Keep clean because baby's immune is still developing.

Just my 2 cents worth about the matter. No point stressing yourself out during confinement because handling a new baby and transitioning into motherhood is already stressful in itself.
I do agree with diymummy..... so long as the water to bathe in is warm and not cold and make it quick..should be ok.... I only wash my hair on the 12th day of confinement....really dont know how i made it....hahaha :tlaugh:

carolchng

i bathe with herbal water on the day when i discharged from hospital. In fact i bathe everyday during my confinement except rainy days then my CL don't allow me to bathe. But i wash hair with normal water once every 2 days.. Luckily my CL was a modern lady and she believes personal hygiene is very important but she was been nagged by my bunch of aunties when they saw me bathing, on air con when i sleep and drinking plain water.:shyxxx:

Verona's

i got the herbal but not original one & got rashes all over :(
Everyone don't allow me to bath , hope to wash my hair soon .

iwan2noe

:001_302:Hi All Mummy... May i knw when confinement period, do you shower with herbal?? ( meaning whose people buy from the chinese medica hall ? ) or you just take normal bath witout any herbal... was thining of having normal bath as i find it very troublesome.... Thanks
Hi angelwendy,

I bath with herbs. It is called da feng Ai.. tell the medical hall and they will pack it for u...