R u happy with your confinement period??

CynCyn

During confinement it wasn't a happy one for me . I fell into depression and cried almost every other day .

CynCyn

Ya lo dunno y tt time I felt tt everyone only care for DS when he comes out then no one care for me . Then start to anyhow think . Until DH also cannot tk it .

CynCyn

is like that de lah....
when my dd & i rch hm, they also care abt dd more then me...
ya lo then so many ppl come visit me . say nice is visit me bt the fact i knw they come to see baby one ma . so i start to anyhw think and end up it feels like im hving depression . :nah:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I enjoyed my confinements... mostly because I really wasn't confined. My dh took care of my all three times so I got to eat my fav foods and go out if I getting stressed out by staying at home.

I'm really glad I didn't have to follow the traditional practices. I think I'd have gone mad and died of hunger (I don't like confinement foods)

elsie

i enjoyed my confinement period when there's yummy food like vinegar pig trotter which my aunt made it. its simply great. i just missed and love her cooking so much! and also my mummy who bought tonics and all. but, the weather during my confinement period wasnt pleasant thou.. it was always humid which made me perspire lots and thus mood swings here n there.

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
i enjoyed my confinement because i had a newborn each time. :)

but in the first place i dun think i had any confinement. hahaha

didnt ate the usual confinement food, bathe few times daily, went out with baby in sling.

jut

For #1, not happy. Did not get the birth I wanted, felt robbed and cheated of the whole birthing process. Think I was in mild depression.

For #2, very happy. Ate well, observe only what I wanted to observe in traditional confinement. Showered and washed my hair when I couldn't tahan.

Both times, I had no CL, no visitors (I didn't want any) everything else is the same. For me, it boils down to how my birthing went and how I bonded with my baby.

vion

Not happy...I took care of bb myself n does everything myself. For my #1, MIL supposed to help, she'll cook the same dish to last me thru the entire day. MIL hospitalised after few days due to her own health prob, FIL, SILs took turn to buy me food from outside (even McChicken), when no one comes along, i'll survive on bread with egg...My auntie bought cod fish, bird's nest n other food to help me build up my health but end up MIL cooked for all family members. At the end of confinement, we're still expected to gv ang bao to all those who had bought me food.....Worst still MIL decides how much we shld gv....Wat the....

DD #2, I beri suay, dh had an affair. I left home with both dds on the 2nd day....my mum busy working oni able to cook tonic soup for me once... haizzz so both confinement not done properly....:wong7::wong14: