What items are provided for newborn at TMC now?

cmeilim

Hi mummies,

anyone delivered recently or have friends who delivered recently at TMC know what items are provided for newborns? eg which brand of newborn diapers? any nappy cream? baby best and receiving blanket? diaper bag?

i also gave birth to #1 two years back at TMC but can't remember what was provided and what I needed to bring to hospital myself for the newborn....

Would appreciate any inputs for packing my hospital bag. TIA!!

apollo

i think is quite standard: nappy cream, diapers, a set of clothes for discharge, receiving blanket, hand sanitiser etc.. for newborn bb i think there is no need to bring anything unless u wanna bring a set of clothes for him to wear home since the set that hospital provides is brand new and unwashed one. =)

audi

Hi..
I just delivered my baby on 5 feb.TMC provide all baby stuffs..not need to bring anything on ur own.

cmeilim

Hi Audi,
Congrats on Yr new bundle of joy! which brand of diapers n nappy cream they provide? They r still giving the beige shoulder sling diaper bag too?

cmeilim

Hi Apollo,

Think I will bring my own set of baby clothes but use their receiving blanket. Tks!

cmeilim

But is chargeable?
They are usually sponosred items from baby product companies ie diaper companies, milk powder companies, baby wipe companies, etc. so they are not itemised chargeable items in the bill. i guess if u insist on using your own other preferred brands, u can reject accepting the ones the hospital provides, but they won't make your bill smaller.

audi

hi..
sorry for late reply , busy with my newborn..yes they still give the sling diaper bag,Diapers use pampers.nappy cream fr pureen.

cseen

confirm it's not pampers..coz i just went hospital tour, and i have a booklet send by hosp things provided for baby. I rem it's fitti if not huggies...
yes sling bag they will give.. and other things like mitten, booties, cord spirit, blanket to swaddle baby, gel antiseptic( left over) diaper cream and other samples ( by sponsors)

or maybe they change diaper brand occassionally...

eh, but cseen mummy said that TMC now uses fitti premium diapers for newborns.... ???

cmeilim

for things like diapers, diaper bag and nappy cream, it really depends on what the commercial sponsors provide. patients are not charged for them. for cord spirit and antiseptic gel, they are charged to patients as medical supplies.

luvjoanne

can i check, usually ppl recommend that mothers bring front-button pyjamas to wear in hospital. but if we do not have front button PJ, does hospital supply their standard PJs? i'm thinking of wearing TMC ones as i usually wear T-shirt to slp.

cmeilim

i cant remember what type of pjs or hospital gowns TMC supplied as i brought my own front button-down pjs for better comfort and also to facilitate breastfeeding. but i am sure all hospitals do provide standard PJs for their patients.

cmeilim

hopefully it will be at least huggies when i give birth....twiddling my fingers and waiting for the real action!

cseen

i don't like huggies leh... i had samples.. they are thicker.. so now from pampers to fitti and become Huggies...
they shld stick to pampers! best diapers

cmeilim

i don't like huggies leh... i had samples.. they are thicker.. so now from pampers to fitti and become Huggies...
they shld stick to pampers! best diapers

hubby and i also vote pampers as the best diapers, but expensive sia.

Mini Potato

for things like diapers, diaper bag and nappy cream, it really depends on what the commercial sponsors provide. patients are not charged for them. for cord spirit and antiseptic gel, they are charged to patients as medical supplies.
Any idea what are the items that are chargeable apart from cord spirit & antiseptic gel?