Citi clear card

michelle

Hi, i just apply the clear card and i wonder when i get to approve
As I send out the application form together with my DH but few day ago the bank office say mine hus approve..
But I have not receive any call yet. Iz becoz the work period?? As hus is 6mth while mine is 3mth…3mth too little so they wont approve ma or becoz I have not reach 21yrs yet??will they wait till my bday reach which was on 19 nov?? Anyone have the card yet? Pls advise the term & condition??And the benenift when u have it and without it before?

babypris86

hi michelle ya u need to wait till u turn 21... cuz their below 21 need apporval from parents or hubby only for STUDENTS!!! working adults who have not turn 21, will need to send in again after ur 21st bday...i encounter the same problem and in the end got to wait till my 21st offical bday...

the term and condition u can read it in citibank website... so far the benefits for me is ok... cuz its only a stand by card for myself... don dare to spend so much unless i am able to spend....

BunnyKiss

Michelle, u'r really very young...so ENVY...:shyxxx:

For me, having credit card is convenient, but when the bill comes, another month without saving..feel like shredding the card..haha

babypris86

thats why my hubby always tell me only use when really there is a need... cuz i am studying and working so my hubby don wish i "waste" a lot of money haha haha... and he mind that i am too young to manage my spending cuz i am 21... the age to spree shopping a lot... unless u really can control.. like me, some times don have enough cash to buy some thing i like or go to a restaurant that offer special discount by using the card, i make sure that i pay back within 2 days... a bit kiasu but for in case... hehe hehe

XiaoXue

Yes michelle, u gonna wait till u r 21 or get yr parent or guardian to make a approval. I think the bank will cfm yr application soon bahx cos yr bday coming in less than a week time..

@ 1st, I wanna apply for it too but after seeing the T&C and cardmembers' agreement, I dun really felt it worth it. However, everyone see things differently & the needs is also different so cannot compare..

I'm still waiting.. waiting for the agreed 19% increment from my boss.. 1 more mth + to go den year end liaox~! =D

The credit card which I really wish to have is POSB Everyday + UOB Lady. Think the benefits of this 2 card more suitable for me. :)

MummyGrace

I tink citi bank clear card dun hav much benefits. Last time I keep using but when comes to points wise, almost nothing to redeem. I prefer to use DBS and UOB, their points to redeem things is more reasonable. And if u use amex, they will hav double pts or at certain season even more. UOB also hav the SMART card thing to accumulate cash. More worth it.:tlaugh:

xiaodaisy

i tink i got mine in less den 1mth .. i'm not working so i stated hse wife nia eh i didnt use yet until now haha cos i don use wan i apply to standby nia like if something happen n needed money n no money in pocket den will use .. so far haven use so donno got wat benefits leh haha..

babypris86

i have 2 of the $500 card... one citibank, another diners club... but then... i find diner clubs got more discount and rebates... especially for dinning... i can have 40% of total bill....so i find diners club is better... but hope DBS or UOB will have the cards too... hehe hehe so i can apply and cut off citibank and diners...

aiko_meimei

why u took so long still haven receive any news... for my clear card i receive it within 2 week...

but the customer service sux cause till now i still haven receive my pin yet and i cant log in to view my statement...

michelle

I got their call le.. ask to fax my mum IC and still need to wait 2-3week.. Then i say.. i resend lor... Haiz...

By the way.. Non-working adult can apply? I tot muz working adults or student..

For diner card, no minimum income ma?

Thanks.. Becoz our pay no more than $30'000 that y cant think of other card lor...

michelle

like quite ex hor.. plus interest?

Such as u spend $100, with interest is how much total??

How abt withdraw $100, with interest is how much?

For late payment??

michelle

HUs say the officer call and say that wont be maximum $500.. could be more.. maybe 2x or 3x his monthly salary lor...

Anyone more than $500 value for the card??

BunnyKiss

like quite ex hor.. plus interest?

Such as u spend $100, with interest is how much total??

How abt withdraw $100, with interest is how much?

For late payment??
No interest for credit card if you pay the bill on time. Late payment think charges like $40, and the balance amount is subject to 15+% interest rate.

Try not to do withdrawal, interest can be pretty high.

Do not overspend. Know ppl with credit card debt, takes forever to clear, since the interest rate is so high. So far, I've been really prompt with payment, never late b4. Make it a habit

MummyGrace

No interest for credit card if you pay the bill on time. Late payment think charges like $40, and the balance amount is subject to 15+% interest rate.

Try not to do withdrawal, interest can be pretty high.

Do not overspend. Know ppl with credit card debt, takes forever to clear, since the interest rate is so high. So far, I've been really prompt with payment, never late b4. Make it a habit
yes i agree. try not 2 do withdrawal and late payment. Its not worth it.

babypris86

hi i did not regret applying the card cuz its for stand by... and i make sure i am able to pay off the amt that i had used with the card........ but if u are unsure u are able to pay off the card, i suggest no point taking it... a credit card is always... and b4 u know, u will be paying ur CC bills with ur monthly pay instead of it being "extra" money for in case purposes...

michelle

hi i did not regret applying the card cuz its for stand by... and i make sure i am able to pay off the amt that i had used with the card........ but if u are unsure u are able to pay off the card, i suggest no point taking it... a credit card is always... and b4 u know, u will be paying ur CC bills with ur monthly pay instead of it being "extra" money for in case purposes...

thanks thanks... I think once i get it, i will pay it within the 25days...
They will give us a date iz to pay??

Wondering will i receive the card after 2week?? How long u tk to apply and get it??

babypris86

for me i re apply after my 21st bday... cuz they are bluffing u if they say they re submit for u... so best is u take the application form and mail to them... they will send sms that they have receive ur form.. i got it within 1 week...yap they will give us 25 days to pay off... if not will charge interest...

michelle

for me i re apply after my 21st bday... cuz they are bluffing u if they say they re submit for u... so best is u take the application form and mail to them... they will send sms that they have receive ur form.. i got it within 1 week...yap they will give us 25 days to pay off... if not will charge interest...
That was fast lei.. for one week...
They did not resend for me.. but i resend lor... i think they should receive it le....
Thanks for the great information..