My baby navel did not close up and still having yellowish substance at it

revolta

IMG_1856.jpg4th week after born
IMG_2072.jpg5th week after born

Help,

My baby navel/belly button did not close up and still having pus /yellowish substance at it.
The navel hole still very big, will it close up and become normal?
My baby umbilical cord fall off at 3rd to 4th week period.
After drop fall, still keep having pus/yellowish substance at it.
What should i do.

I brought her to normal clinic doctor, the doctor just pass some lotion to apply on the baby.

Will my baby navel become ugly next time?

Last edited:

Itsy Bitsy

Hi revolta,
it might be a better idea to bring your baby to your pediatrician rather than just normal GP.
Did you apply the antibiotic powder when baby was just born?
it helps to dry the umbilical cord, so it can falls off.

If still have pus now, you need to get it fix ASAP.
just afraid if too long there might be infection problem.
I am not sure though, did not mean to scare you, but if I were you, I'd bring my baby to paeditrician immediately.

Do not worry too much about the shape.
it's ok if it's big or small etc.
Everybody is different.

revolta

Hi revolta,
it might be a better idea to bring your baby to your pediatrician rather than just normal GP.
Did you apply the antibiotic powder when baby was just born?
it helps to dry the umbilical cord, so it can falls off.

If still have pus now, you need to get it fix ASAP.
just afraid if too long there might be infection problem.
I am not sure though, did not mean to scare you, but if I were you, I'd bring my baby to paeditrician immediately.

Do not worry too much about the shape.
it's ok if it's big or small etc.
Everybody is different.
We clean it with alcohol wipe given by our pediatrician after baby discharge from hospital. My baby was send back to hospital on 6th day due to jaundice, our pediatrician pass us the powder on our baby 6th day, she was discharge again on her 8th day. We apply the powder 2 times daily, but the umbilical cord fall off during 3rd weeks plus. Bought my baby to 2 different normal clinic doctor, both of them said is normal, first doctor give us lotion, second doctor give us powder again.

Did not bring her to pediatrician again as she has only little pus on her navel, but have it every day.

lovepixie

May I ask what's the powder n lotion name ur doctor gave u? My baby has some pus on navel too n we're considering the powder from Chinese medical hall

lovepixie

The powder that tcm gave us is simply called tu ji fern . The umbilical cord fell off at 5th day dried up cos we put powder starting day 3. Now my baby only day 7 as of today.

KLTan

Hi dear .. think it is okay .. my girl navel also took awhile to dry up .. initially alot of yellowish susbt also .. it normal .. as long as baby doesnt seem to be very bothered by it .. no pain .. shuld be fine :)