Anyone want to stop giving birth

Anyone plan to stop at 2 or 3 kids at the moment? How to tell the gynea? Need to do any operations? Will there be any side effects?

wenz

i stopping after my 3rd.. initially wanna do ligation but still find myself too young to do it so decided to go for Mirena IUS for 5years den go for ligation after that...

WEN_9117

hmm than so far any side effect anot?
Coz Im also thinking to stop giving birth after my 2nd child.
Than by when must I inform the gynee im gtg to due in early july.

wenz

eh i haven put mirena yet cos i haven give birth.. hehe but according to my gynae will be some woman got pigment on the face and 1/20 woman will have weight gain..

but according to the medical rep of the product, not much side effect reported...

for ligation my gynae told me not much changes... most of the ppl i know who did ligation got no complains of it yet...

wenz

is ligation reversible? What's the IUS?
ligation depends is cut or clip... its reversible but chances are very very slim and charges are extremely high...

IUS is IUD or IUCD is like a device tat insert into your womb and can last for 5yrs...

uddermummy

ligation depends is cut or clip... its reversible but chances are very very slim and charges are extremely high...

IUS is IUD or IUCD is like a device tat insert into your womb and can last for 5yrs...
oic, thanks! will the IUS shift? cos I've heard horror stories about these things getting lost!

wenz

oic, thanks! will the IUS shift? cos I've heard horror stories about these things getting lost!
so far my gynae nor the medical rep did not advice on this... the older version maybe not tat gd... but mirena is newer is the market... so should be better... actually wanna ligate le but felt tat too young so decided to put the IUS for 5yrs den ligate.. hehe

cui_er

Are there any side effects after inserting IUS? For ligation, I'm interested in doing after this birth too, but heard from older people that shouldn't do in 20s cos too young and will cause early menopause or something like that?

wenz

Are there any side effects after inserting IUS? For ligation, I'm interested in doing after this birth too, but heard from older people that shouldn't do in 20s cos too young and will cause early menopause or something like that?
i heard of it also.. ligation cannot do too young tats why i chose to go for IUS first then 5yrs later den do ligation...

actually side effect is minimal and depends on individual... u can check with ur gynae on what his other patient feedback on this...

wenz

thankz wenz! if i change my mind, how long will it take for the IUS to wear off?

Immediate or some time?
IUS once instead into ur womb can last for 5years... but if in anytime before the 5yrs u wanna remove.. it can be removed immediately by ur gynae...

cui_er

i heard of it also.. ligation cannot do too young tats why i chose to go for IUS first then 5yrs later den do ligation...

actually side effect is minimal and depends on individual... u can check with ur gynae on what his other patient feedback on this...
What are the costs for IUS? You did it after delivery in the hospital or? Thanks girl. :)

Last edited:

wenz

What are the costs for IUS? You did it after delivery in the hospital or? Thanks girl. :)
diff gynae charge diff... my gynae charge $510.. u can ask ur gynae and let us know so we can compare...
cannot insert immediately after birth... will usually be done during ur 6weeks checkup with ur gynae...

cui_er

icic, yep, think i'll check with gynae but maybe closer to the delivery date, haha. Saw he has this poster for another type of contraception device. Some small white strip thing can insert under the skin near the armpit there, can last for 3years. Anybody tried that before?

Mama Ina

Anyone plan to stop at 2 or 3 kids at the moment? How to tell the gynea? Need to do any operations? Will there be any side effects?
Hahahaha.. I done my ligation already.. Me stop at 2.. Hate the side effect after the ligation.. Suffering...!! haahaahaa

cui_er

ooh, what kind of side effects? Think will subside eventually?? You did immediately after delivery or?