How/when do u decide to close "baby factory"?

jasobias

Hi mums,
i was just wondering when u guys decide tht the number of kids u have is enuf n u dont want any more kids?I have 2 boys n 1 girl.I love kids but my pregnancies r just so complicated n difficult but still i cant bear the tot of not having any more kids.Its like will i never hold another baby in my arms?I still refuse to part with some of my maternity stuff.I asked hubby.."so how..all this throw away ah"?His reply was"just keep first lah".Hmmm..he too loves kids alot.

My family thinks i am crazy even to think of having another child both financially n health wise.Me thinking..if strike lottery then can have another one plus someone to help me out..hahhaha!:tlaugh:

I met many mums who were so final tht they wld stop at just wht they have n no more pls!Some opt for ligation n others IUDs.

Just curious..but when n how do u decide enuf is enuf?N being so final,wht kind of feelings does tht invoke fr u ?

apollo

if i strike toto i dun mind having 4 kids.. but my current situation only allow me to hav max 2 kids.. haha

i also love kids... but living in singapore plus no help makes kids too financially draining. i guess if you were to ask me, the deciding factor would be finances to me. i want peace at home. i don't want to end up quarrelling or feeling unhappy or blaming my kids or hubby because of financial tensions. when babies are babies, it's fine. but when they start going to school they tend to compare and i think i will feel guilty if my children feel left behind in school because we cannot afford certain things...

jasobias

if i strike toto i dont mind having 4 kids.. but my current situation only allow me to hav max 2 kids.. haha
hi regina..hhahhah..u have 2 already?
Ya we better buy more toto man!!!who knows ah can win:Dancing_tongue: 1 million!!!!

Ting

for me, one is enough actually.
i love kids, n i enjoy the process of being preg, giving birth (though it hurts like hell), the growing up stage from an infant to now pin being a monster. but, in sg, really hard to raise so many children, if 20 years ago, perhaps still can consider, but now, having one kid is alr so draining (financially esp).
but if me n hubby's finances r ok, i dun mind having 2 children.
n i think i will stop there.

ahpei

when i delivered my boy months ago, the moment i see him, i told myself that i dont't mind having a 3rd baby, or eveh 4th one.... although my hubby thought we should stop at 2.

but after the delivery, and having to face all the family issues, i think i should stop at 2, so as not to bring any unhappines to my children.......

:bsad:

apollo

for me, one is enough actually.
i love kids, and i enjoy the process of being preg, giving birth (though it hurts like hell), the growing up stage from an infant to now pin being a monster. but, in sg, really hard to raise so many children, if 20 years ago, perhaps still can consider, but now, having one kid is already so draining (financially esp).
but if me and hubby's finances are ok, i dont mind having 2 children.
and i think i will stop there.
i strongly agree! i believe if SG is not so 'highend', many couples wont mind having more kids.. cos most mothers HAVE to work cos of money... if i have no2, i think i gonna get some part-time + flat is coming in 2-3yrs time... SG everything also ex.. just from getting preg to delivery need to prepare at least 10k... -.-"""

i strongly agree! i believe if SG is not so 'highend', many couples wont mind having more kids.. cos most mothers HAVE to work cos of money... if i have no2, i think i gonna get some part-time + flat is coming in 2-3yrs time... SG everything also ex.. just from getting preg to delivery need to prepare at least 10k... -.-"""
sometimes 10k also not enough if complications arises...

Frenchkitty

honestly, this is a question I've been asking myself as well.
I love my son so much that Im worried I will divide my love and attention if I have another child.

However, part of me wants a daughter.
Haha! Very contradicted and in a dilemma. Thinking and thinking but cannot decide. Hubby would like another child but Im in 2 minds about it.

snowbear

I also love my dear daughter so much (although she's irritating the hell out of me currently coz she's ill and fussy and i'm ill too...) that I dont know how i'm gonna love another child should I have one. Sigh... at the moment, I'm shelving plans for 2nd one till much much later, maybe when my dear daughter's 4 or 5 years old... I think the max I'd wanna have is 2! :D

uddermummy

i used to want 3 kids, but i had such a v horrid delivery and confinement experience that I decided to stop at one.

now that my girl's older and more responsive and affectionate, i find myself wavering.

But I keep telling myself that it's too expensive to have another kid; I've been checking out preschools and some of the annual fees are what I paid for 4 years of school!

I'll also have to get a bigger car, etc etc. So for the time being, I'm shelving plans until I also strike lottery!

I always wanted 2 kids max but my hubby wanted 4!! After 2 girls, guess he starts to feel the financial burden and that's also why I started to be full-time mum till now (after 5 years being SAHM). Would stop at 2 if I have a son and a daughter. Been in a dilemma whether to try for a 3rd child cos I really hope to have a son and maybe for my hubby too cos he's the only son with a sister (although he keep saying he likes daughters more)... Did try to comfort myself that probably can have a god son in future but still think it doesn't feel the same... After much discussion, we decided to go for it and currently I'm expecting my son whom I'm going to see in 6 weeks time! :) Reason for having the courage despite financial worries is the fear of regret in future... Think it's also important that I tell myself it's perfectly fine if I'm going to have 3 girls... We are over the moon when we know we haven't try in vain... Also reached a pact that 3 is enough so I'm having my ligation after birth...

uddermummy

I always wanted 2 kids max but my hubby wanted 4!! After 2 girls, guess he starts to feel the financial burden and that's also why I started to be full-time mum till now (after 5 years being stay at home mum). Would stop at 2 if I have a son and a daughter. Been in a dilemma whether to try for a 3rd child cos I really hope to have a son and maybe for my hubby too cos he's the only son with a sister (although he keep saying he likes daughters more)... Did try to comfort myself that probably can have a god son in future but still think it doesn't feel the same... After much discussion, we decided to go for it and currently I'm expecting my son whom I'm going to see in 6 weeks time! :) Reason for having the courage despite financial worries is the fear of regret in future... Think it's also important that I tell myself it's perfectly fine if I'm going to have 3 girls... We are over the moon when we know we have not't try in vain... Also reached a pact that 3 is enough so I'm having my ligation after birth...
congrats! I think my hubby wants another kid cos he wants a son too. :p but I'm worried that if the next one is a son, then no one, except me, will love dd anymore. :(

snowbear

congrats! I think my hubby wants another kid cos he wants a son too. :p but I'm worried that if the next one is a son, then no one, except me, will love dear daughter anymore. :(
I'm so happy to have a daughter coz i prefer having girls. Hubby's also just like me so I dont have the pressure of having a son. In fact, we dont mind if the next one's a girl too! :D

Last edited:

uddermummy

I'm so happy to have a daughter coz i prefer having girls. Hubby's also just like me so I dont have the pressure of having a son. In fact, we dont mind that the next one's a girl too! :D
i also prefer girls leh, but i think my in-laws want a boy. And my hubby is the only son... :(

Have decided to come up with some criteria before having a second child. :p This time, must make hubby sign contract, and must meet all the criteria before even trying!

snowbear

i also prefer girls , but i think my in-laws want a boy. And my hubby is the only son... :(

Have decided to come up with some criteria before having a second child. :p This time, must make hubby sign contract, and must meet all the criteria before even trying!
My hubby's the only child. But my mil also prefer girls so it's ok. Maybe my fil dun like girls coz he didn't even visit me at the hospital and didn't even wanna come for alicia's full month celebration. But we can't be bothered with him anyway... I told hubby that next child i dun want his mum to do confinement for me coz i think i will be driven mad or kill myself due to post-natal depression... :tlaugh:

SunShine07

I loves kids, and tot of having 3...but like other mummy here, also dun know how to love another one cos currently i really love my son.. (he knows how to show me his cheeky face and knows it gonna make me laugh) though sometime he is gonna make me crazy with naughty act.

But now, i think i shut down my factory liao.....cos currently situation with my 'hb' dun know will go separated or not (most likely, i guess). i cannot make myself hahah :D

jasobias

Men hubby always wanted a daughter .I was willing to try 4 times to get one..hahhaha.Luckily didnt have to.Now 3 kids big headache.But after a while ah i start to wonder..hmmm..maybe 4 kids better...need playmate for daughter!!hahhahah

SunShine07

Men hubby always wanted a daughter .I was willing to try 4 times to get one..hahhaha.Luckily didnt have to.Now 3 kids big headache.But after a while i start to wonder..hmmm..maybe 4 kids better...need playmate for daughter!!hahhahah
wow~ you are very brave and nobel....salute~ lolz