Good Brands of Diapers to recommend

iwan2noe

Hi Mummies,

Do u have good brands of diapers that you have used that is good to recommend for new born?

I heard that nepia is good and so is mamypoko..

What size do u get for ur new born ? Is it one std size for all new born?

Thank you for all your advice and replies! :):wong19:

diymummy

Hi Mummies,

Do you have good brands of diapers that you have used that is good to recommend for new born?

What size do you get for your new born ? Is it one std size for all new born?

It reallly depends on the size of your baby to determine which diaper is good and suitable.

I bought 1 carton of Nepia from their website and it was delivered to my home. I bought it coz it has an indicator, similar to Pampers but it is cheaper.

Turns out, my baby was premature and small. Nepia was therefore too big for him as well as Pampers S size. My baby also had very sensitive skin so using both Pampers and Nepia gave him nappy rash. Also because the diapers were too big, so his poo and pee leaked.

In the end we bought Huggies Ultra. They have NB size as well as S size. So I had to buy NB size because my baby was so small.

After that my baby grew and he could wear Nepia, but the rubber band at the sides are not very strong so sometimes it leaks. Pampers were expensive though it's comfy but my baby has so much pee and poo, changing every 3 hrs, sometimes also leak. Huggies Ultra was very ex but we still bought it for night time use.

In the end we switched to Huggies Dry Comfort and are using it up till now.

autumn82

Hi Mummies,

Do you have good brands of diapers that you have used that is good to recommend for new born?

I agree with diymummy. It depends on your baby's size & poo/pee quantity. :) But usually hospitals will use Pampers NB size (TMC).

For Belle, she was on Mamypoko throughout since NB. For Iggy, he was on Pampers throughout but I did try buying Huggies Ultra once (recommended good) but it leaks for him coz cutting too small for his butt. :tlaugh:

I like Pampers coz it's slimmer & softer than Mamypoko and for Iggy both can absorb up to 12hrs.. :p

apollo

Pampers is good! but ex too...

aft ur baby has learn how to slp thru the night, can invest on Pampers cos like what Autumn mummy said, can hold the urine for many hrs! haha...

DS tried huggies ultra too.. that one is v good for him, suits him most. but the diaper is thicker unlike Pampers...

Ottermum

My son's wearing Petpet since birth...he wears Huggies dry comfort and Nepia at night...

There isn't any brand that is 100% leakproof...just try a few brands, buy them when they're having discounts (NTUC has offer few times a month, starts every Thurs)

Then choose the one most suitable for your baby.

meiying

hiya thomson medical has changed their diapers from pampers premium (yellow packaging) to fitti premium and i find it quite gd... then went to yishun polyclinic bought 2 free 1 at $14.90 each! cheap and gd with velcro tape.. let me know if u need me help u get it cos need to bring my boy back regularly for jaundice blood test.. :)

Domique

wow thats gd price
oni at yishun polyclinic? other poly clinic have or not?

ntuc and all dun have that offer

meiying

im not sure abt other polyclinic, u can give it a try as they should be having the same promo.. but they only have NB and S size... yeah its reali very gd price i haven got time chkout at NTUC but have been to shop & save which is selling at $15.90 without promo lor.. :nah:

Ting

pin has been using drypers since NB.
cheap n good for me.
but i would say mamypoko is good too, just too expensive.

iwan2noe

im not sure about other polyclinic, you can give it a try as they should be having the same promo.. but they only have NB and S size... yeah its reali very good price i have not got time chkout at NTUC but have been to shop & save which is selling at $15.90 without promo .. :nah:
Hi Meiying,

How many pcs is per pack of Fitti are there for this promo ?

ahjes

My DS is using huggies dry comfort in day and huggies ultra for nite. As my DS has sensitive skin so it works quite fine for his delicate skin

meiying

Hi Meiying,

How many pcs is per pack of Fitti are there for this promo ?

hiya iwan2noe,

NB - 52pcs and S - 48pcs.. i would say this is quite a gd choice as the material is very gd.. even hospital also change to this now so must be quite a gd choice... i also like huggies dry and dry comfort too bad their smallest size is M.. so u can change the brand if the M size of fitti premium is ex.. cheers!

Ariel Chong

Hi Mummies,

I bought Pampers for my bb thinking that bb may not be allergic to better brands. However I found that Fitti is good too.. As my bb demand for a change of diapers after every pee, therefore I change to traditional nappies instead.
Heard from a frd... diapers selling in medical halls are much more cheaper too.

Ottermum

I bought Pampers for my baby thinking that baby may not be allergic to better brands. However I found that Fitti is good too.. As my baby demand for a change of diapers after every pee, therefore I change to traditional nappies instead.
Heard from a friend... diapers selling in medical halls are much more cheaper too.
oh yes! a packet of 60 pcs Huggies Dry Comfort L costs only $15.50 at a medical hall at Yishun...cheap!!!

iwan2noe

hiya iwan2noe,

NB - 52pcs and S - 48pcs.. i would say this is quite a good choice as the material is very good.. even hospital also change to this now so must be quite a good choice... i also like huggies dry and dry comfort too bad their smallest size is M.. so you can change the brand if the M size of fitti premium is ex.. cheers!
Thanks so much for clearing my doubts meiying

So u mean the offer for fitti premium for NB is buy 2 bgas get 1 bag free at $14.90 each and each pack is only $14.90 for 52 pcs?

that will be so cheap!!:shyxxx:

If so i will go and buy !! hehe

chelle

My boy has been using Mamy Poko but sometime the poo will leak from side or top of the diaper, any mummies have the same problem?

Both my daughter and son has been using Huggies & drypers during the day & Mamypoko for night.

Mamypoko is good enough for night. No need to use pampers which is even more expensive compare to mamypoko. Now my son is 2yrs old, mamypoko still can tahan for 12h-14hrs with huge urine flow. If only use just for night, it wont be too expensive.

Daytime can use the cheaper type of pampers. I use the normal huggies for my son when he is younger but now he is bigger in size i change to drypers which the size is more comfortable for him. <XL>

My daughter is 2months old. I try quite alot of brand for her. Got discount i will buy & try. I use pet pet for NB & S which is quite good. But sizing abit on the small size. My girl thigh will always have red red marks. Quite cheap too.

Now i use drypers which is super cheap. S64 for $13 which amounts to 20cents a piece. Last 2 wks NTUC got dicounts 3 bags of S64 FOR $36.96 which amounts to 18cents per pcs. But sizing maybe a bit small for my girl too. Her thighs will have red red marks.

I also like Huggies small 44's. The sizing is quite good and good absorption. I will use mamy poko for her at night. Can last her through the night.

My boy has been using Mamy Poko but sometime the poo will leak from side or top of the diaper, any mummies have the same problem?
poo amount is alot? When it is alot, it will leak too. That is what happen to my daughter.

Sometimes their sleeping position also cause it.

Or sometimes we never put the pampers properly for them. We position it too high up instead of just slighter above the groin. That is what applies to me and my children.