Cookies, Cupcakes, Muffins lovers !!

LSmummy

Just wondering if any mummies is into baking... =)
I love baking though I'm still novice.
Hope I can get more tips and recipes from you all !

Few of my bakes !

SNC03058[1].jpg SNC03111[1].jpg SNC03223[1].jpg SNC03273[1].jpg SNC03266.jpg

allycat

Wow, you're really into it. I like baking as well but I'm using a oven toaster, so all cookies and muffins are mini sized ones. But I'm also kind of lazy so dont bake very often :D

LSmummy

Hi Allycat !!

when I started my 1st baking last month, I also used toaster oven. but i find it very small leh. so i bought baking oven. cheap and good!

you have any good recipes for oreo cupcakes?
am thinking of baking oreo choco cuppies tonight. =D

allycat

Which baking oven did you buy? I have a really small kitchen so cant afford to have a permanent place for the oven :(

I've only used those pre-mix so far and have never whip up anything yet :p

xue

o.0 i love baking too... Mummies can share your recipe here?? i find my recipe too sweet for my son to eat..

apollo

i love baking too!!! but not as good as u did! i only baked cupcakes b4. as for cookies, i going to try out this weekends =)

jasobias

hey
i used to love baking ..but no more time after my 3rd one..i cant find the pics of my cookies..but they were usually theme cookies..this pics r of halloween's ones

Attachments

jojoki

lol jas, i LOVE the eerie cut-off fingers cookies!! its cool man! looks "gross" enuf to eat!

LSmummy

Which baking oven did you buy? I have a really small kitchen so cant afford to have a permanent place for the oven :(

I've only used those pre-mix so far and have never whip up anything yet :p
I bought the tecno gas oven. Bought from harvey norman. That time when I bought it is having sales. Instead of $250, I bought for $129. :001_302:
and it's light to carry. hehe...
Doesnt really need a expensive or branded brand. It is just good enough and my bakes comes out even and nice. :tlaugh:

LSmummy

o.0 i love baking too... Mummies can share your recipe here?? i find my recipe too sweet for my son to eat..
Probably you can reduce the sugar? =)
what do you normally bake for your lil guy?
My son loves choco.. :001_302:

LSmummy

i love baking too!!! but not as good as you did! i only baked cupcakes before. as for cookies, i going to try out this weekends =)
hi apollo !! I started with cupcakes as well.. love those cuppies with fondant and R.I. design! looks too pretty to eat.!! Gonna try it someday!

Jia you on your cookies!
remember to post photos of you bakes here huh.:001_302:

LSmummy

hey
i used to love baking ..but no more time after my 3rd one..i cant find the pics of my cookies..but they were usually theme cookies..this pics r of halloween's ones
lol jas, i LOVE the eerie cut-off fingers cookies!! its cool man! looks "gross" enuf to eat!
It sure looks kinda scary.. imagine biting tt finger!
Nevertheless, the cookies looks great !!
How come your cookies is orange in colour? you added colouring?
Sorry to ask this. Still very new to baking.:biggrin:

jasobias

It sure looks kinda scary.. imagine biting that finger!
Nevertheless, the cookies looks great !!
How come your cookies is orange in colour? you added colouring?
Sorry to ask this. Still very new to baking.:biggrin:
ya add coloring..these ones my kids helped decorate..i cld make nicer ones like gingerbread men..my fav was for national day i baked the little men wearing red tee..his classmates loved it!!

Attachments

LSmummy

ya add coloring..these ones my kids helped decorate..i cld make nicer ones like gingerbread men..my fav was for national day i baked the little men wearing red tee..his classmates loved it!!
Im sure with those colourful cookies, the kids sure will like it!
Any good cookie recipe to share..!! :Dancing_biggrin:

pink_daisy

hi all,
i oso wanted to get an electric oven.. thinking of getting the morris brand..saw it at courts, gg at only $79.90..

can share the cupcakes' recipes??? i saw pics of those with somewat a very 'matt' kinda coating.. they use wat ingredients to make tat look??

LSmummy

hi all,
i also wanted to get an electric oven.. thinking of getting the morris brand..saw it at courts, gg at only $79.90..

can share the cupcakes' recipes??? i saw pics of those with somewat a very 'matt' kinda coating.. they use what ingredients to make that look??
Morning mummies !

Pink_daisy,
matt coating? or perphaps you can post up the photos here and get advise from others?

I have a few cupcakes recipe. One of it is Jamie Teo's recipe.Simple and easy. =)
3/4 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup butter (110g)
7 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 200c
Beat butter and sugar together till creamy
Add eggs and beat till well-mixed (it should be quite watery)
Add vanilla extract and stir
Sift the flour and beat till smooth
Add milk and beat till smooth
Bake for 10 mins for small cups or 15-20mins for bigger cups.
Insert skewer and if it comes out clean, it is done.
Place on wire rack to cool it down.
*The baking temp and time vary from ovens. So try to 'test' by baking 1 or 2 cuppies.

apollo

hi apollo !! I started with cupcakes as well.. love those cuppies with fondant and R.I. design! looks too pretty to eat.!! Gonna try it someday!

Jia you on your cookies!
remember to post photos of you bakes here huh.:001_302:
babe, u noe how to make fondant? i search online and saw diffe recipe on fondant. all seems v complicated. ahhhhhhh i haven even started with cream cup cake yet! haha!

LSmummy

babe, you know how to make fondant? i search online and saw diffe recipe on fondant. all seems very complicated. ahhhhhhh i have not even started with cream cup cake yet! haha!
I tried before but w/o much success. =(
But I do know a few website with tutorial (some with pics!)
I've bought the ready made fondant to try out the texture first. I guess that's better and in future if u wana make ur own fondant, at least you will know how it feels like. =)

xue

Probably you can reduce the sugar? =)
what do you normally bake for your lil guy?
My son loves choco.. :001_302:
It was too sweet so i did not let him eat.. =x
probably i will try again by cutting down on the sugar..:001_302:

pink_daisy

Morning mummies !

Pink_daisy,
matt coating? or perphaps you can post up the photos here and get advise from others?

I have a few cupcakes recipe. One of it is Jamie Teo's recipe.Simple and easy. =)
3/4 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup butter (110g)
7 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 200c
Beat butter and sugar together till creamy
Add eggs and beat till well-mixed (it should be quite watery)
Add vanilla extract and stir
Sift the flour and beat till smooth
Add milk and beat till smooth
Bake for 10 mins for small cups or 15-20mins for bigger cups.
Insert skewer and if it comes out clean, it is done.
Place on wire rack to cool it down.
*The baking temp and time vary from ovens. So try to 'test' by baking 1 or 2 cuppies.
hi LSmummy,
something like the below pic.. how to make the top part?