3mths baby got scalp, how?

how a? at 1st is at her eye eyebrow, then my mum said use baby oil n cotton to get it off.. also for the scalp at her head, but not yet tried cox only found out today..

how mummies deal with this prob? are every baby faced tis prob?

Ashbaby

how a? at 1st is at her eye eyebrow, then my mum said use baby oil n cotton to get it off.. also for the scalp at her head, but not yet tried cox only found out today..

Its cradle cap. It takes a while to go off. Apply olive oil 1 hour before bath then wash off the oil during bathing time.

angelwendy

I agree with ashbaby... u apply a bit of olive oil for a while.. then wash off.. it will go off.. don't worry.. is quite normal for NB...:tlaugh:

apollo

i heard many ppl saying using olive oil helps, but i didnt use for ds cos his cradle cap was only abit on the front part of his top head. aft sometime, it kind of dropped off though i did nth, and tt was ard 4-5mth old. =)

Amulet

cradle cap?

i shaved off baby's hair n apply baby oil or olive oil to the cradle cap and let it absorb for awhile before combing lightly to loosen it and wash it off with baby shampoo.. take a few tries to clear totally..

try not to pick it with ur fingernails although it's VERY tempting.. LOL!

i was guilty of secretly doing that a few times though..

xicloudix

cradle cap?

i shaved off baby's hair n apply baby oil or olive oil to the cradle cap and let it absorb for awhile before combing lightly to loosen it and wash it off with baby shampoo.. take a few tries to clear totally..

try not to pick it with your fingernails although it's VERY tempting.. LOL!

i was guilty of secretly doing that a few times though..

I also guilty of this haha... no one around, i would scratch lightly.... as their skin very sensitive, no matter how light u scratch, will red red de... then tio found out... i would say "dun know why red leh, maybe cradle cap causes it, very jialat, muz do somethign abt it!!" hahahahhaha

of coz later use baby oil to loose it... and use the hair brush (some comes with a set together with comb) to comb it off. pls DO NOT use comb to comb it, it will damage their skin!!! use soft hair brush

ginko

cradle cap. You can use baby massage oil: put on the head a bit, brush and then wash the hair with baby shampoo.

Last edited:

Mummy to Baby V

I also guilty of this haha... no one around, i would scratch lightly.... as their skin very sensitive, no matter how light you scratch, will red red ... then tio found out... i would say "dont know why red , maybe cradle cap causes it, very jialat, must do somethign about it!!" hahahahhaha

of coz later use baby oil to loose it... and use the hair brush (some comes with a set together with comb) to comb it off. pls DO NOT use comb to comb it, it will damage their skin!!! use soft hair brush
It was our home-visit nurse who showed me how to remove it using oil and comb after applying oil. My boy's cradle cap was very thick and itchy for him.
Combing it off gently is fine. Some hair got removed at the same time, and they grew back. Now he's a handsome toddler. :)

Amulet

wa, so serious !!!! Amulet, tis is your baby??

my gal one better i think, her hair all covered te scalp, not able to take photo n show here..
that's serious meh?

no la.. that's not my baby.. that one is angmo wor.. i got it from google to show here..

my DD is cradle cap is something like that leh..

lovely, u wanna try shaving off ur baby's hair thn apply the oil? i shaved her botak n apply the oil.. so it's not so oily n easy to wash and brush..

that's serious meh?

no .. that's not my baby.. that one is angmo .. i got it from google to show here..

my dear daughter is cradle cap is something like that ..

lovely, you wanna try shaving off your baby's hair thn apply the oil? i shaved her botak n apply the oil.. so it's not so oily n easy to wash and brush..
huh... shaving off her hair... ma vy ugly (although she only 3mths old now).... huh.... huh.... never think of shave off her hair ler.... >.< .......... try to ask hub.... *sob sob*...