Edd, Feb 2011.

eowyn

At first I thought this is a compulsory test as the nurse at the counter just gave me this appt date n time . but when i went for the test on that day, the nurse who drew my blood asked me why i was going for this test, is it because of family's background of diabetes or did i ownself request for it. Only then i realised this is not a compulsory one and my friends were not appointed for this test. I do not have family background of diabetes! so, really must ASK everything beforehand if we dont know anything. But it just helps to assure me that im not very much on too much sugar side haha and the test only cost $30. yes, very very sweet drink. must drink finish whole cup!
Ya, sometimes i feel that gyneas are not very specific and detailed in their explanations. Maybe coz they see too many pregnant women everyday, so tend to leave out/forget some infor? Hmm... Since we are first time mummies, we won't know what is required ad what is not.

Gem2505

went for follow up growth scan yesterday.. sono say bb still the same.. same size.. but is growing along the line. i asked about bb's weight, she said her estimation is 1.3kg based on the size.. 2 weeks ago, bb was about 1kg only (told by my gynae).. dunno if bb will gain 300g within 2 weeks? like abit too much hor?
today marks the 31st week, so by the weight of 1.3kg.. i think its about the average size yea?

wonder how far/near are these "estimation" of baby's weight from just "seeing the size from the scan" to "the actua"l. coz bb could be small in size but heavy in weight? or the other way round.. ?

went for follow up growth scan yesterday.. sono say bb still the same.. same size.. but is growing along the line. i asked about bb's weight, she said her estimation is 1.3kg based on the size.. 2 weeks ago, bb was about 1kg only (told by my gynae).. dunno if bb will gain 300g within 2 weeks? like abit too much hor?
today marks the 31st week, so by the weight of 1.3kg.. i think its about the average size yea?

wonder how far/near are these "estimation" of baby's weight from just "seeing the size from the scan" to "the actua"l. coz bb could be small in size but heavy in weight? or the other way round.. ?
My clinic nurse told me on average, baby increase 200g of wt every 2 weeks? towards the last part of the journey, the growth will be super fast so i guess your baby is trying to catch up with her growth? this could be a positive sign :)
Do you have the print out of the scan? There are 2 type of measurement for baby's weight, can't remember now. I don't think you can really measure the 'actual' weight though

Gem2505

My clinic nurse told me on average, baby increase 200g of wt every 2 weeks? towards the last part of the journey, the growth will be super fast so i guess your baby is trying to catch up with her growth? this could be a positive sign :)
Do you have the print out of the scan? There are 2 type of measurement for baby's weight, can't remember now. I don't think you can really measure the 'actual' weight though
i dont have any print outs for the scan yesterday.. hmm.. thinking about the weight of bb.. dunno how close the gynae could actually estimate also. my cousin's case was.. more than 1kg different from what the scanning was and the actual.. -_-"
hopefully bb gain more from now on..... =)

Zenn Yap

Ya, sometimes i feel that gyneas are not very specific and detailed in their explanations. Maybe coz they see too many pregnant women everyday, so tend to leave out/forget some infor? Hmm... Since we are first time mummies, we won't know what is required ad what is not.
Yes, probably they are seeing too many pregnant ladies that's why they are so lazy to even explain to us. So we should just ask, ask and ask whatever we wanna know because we r paying them!

Zenn Yap

yap, we pay after per session, so if we don't find it suitable, we can tell her to stop. I prefer this way too then some shops where we need to pay the package first, sekaly the lady 'run' away, we also cannot track, nowadays I am not keen to sign beauty or massage package anymore
I'm not afraid that the lady will run away after we sign up package from them since if it's a legal shop, even without her, some other staff will replace her. The main thing is if I dun feel comfy with their way of doing the massage, I have no choice but to continue because full amount has been paid and also definitely they wun do refund at all. so per session payment is always better. who knows , we can even get different lady to do for us every diferent session! haha!

Zenn Yap

I took this test too but its free coz i was with KKH gusto programme. They wanted me to this coz they wants the report.. so since its free, i just go n take lor. haha. i was soooo hungry that morning coz we have to fast from 12midnight till nx day morning all the way till the whole test ends.. 8am my stomach already drumming lor. but after i drink that sugar syrup thing, i dont feel the hunger ald. since this test has no side effect and benefit us, spending $30over is ok la. make our mind ease also..

yea.. another 9weeks for me! =) going for growth scan today.... follow up from the previous growth scan. hope bb grow more this time. hope she's not super underweight like the previous visit....

Ya, exactly. I did not feel any hunger at all after drinking the syrup too. haha! Too sweet just simply makes us full. haha! Im starting once-every-two-weeks gynae appointment from 5th January 2011 onwards. No more monthly gynae appt as I'm nearing due date soon! I'm realli nervous!!!! Right now, thinking what to pack for hospital bag!

Zenn Yap

Hey babes,

Join this cheerful mum-t0-be contest at Today's Motherhood in Facebook!
Just have to send in one of your photos with your baby bump showing! :)
The prizes are damn attractive! Go!!!

etlo

Hey babes,

I thought the contest is really cute! It seems so cheerful admist the christmas spirit and all. Speaking of massage, did any one try the jamu spa wellness? It's located in jurong point.. it seems interesting. I also hear about jamu pills. Anyone know what's that about?

eowyn

Hey babes,

The prize for this contest is professional maternity photoshoot? Can't really rem. But i will be going for maternity photoshoot in Jan next year. Very excited!!! Any mummies got take maternity photoshoot?

etlo

I have just got this malay lady who do massage for after birth (home service). charging at $50 per session and it's 90 mins per session. Worth it, peeps?? Just have to go for 5-7 sessions during the confinement month. I have decided to try it out though. massaging plus wrapping up with lotion applied on the part which u wil be wrapped n feeling a burning sensation. like so exciting! haha!
Hi Zenn,
sorry I'm comparing post natal service. Can you pass me the contact for the one that you are currently using? Is she good so far?

Gem2505

Ya, exactly. I did not feel any hunger at all after drinking the syrup too. haha! Too sweet just simply makes us full. haha! Im starting once-every-two-weeks gynae appointment from 5th January 2011 onwards. No more monthly gynae appt as I'm nearing due date soon! I'm realli nervous!!!! Right now, thinking what to pack for hospital bag!
i'm having my appt tomorrow. think after tml's appt, im also in the once-every-two-weeks appt.. =)
regarding hospital stay bag.. here's a few items to share.. you may add in if needed..

1. comfortable clothes/inner beauty to wear during discharge
2. toiletries
3. hp+charger
4. camera+charger
5. marriage cert + IC ( original ) - to reg bb's birth cert.. so its best to think of bb's name in advance
6. bb's clothing/swaddle/bootie/mitten..
7. maternity pad - coz hospital charge for everything u use.. so its best if we bring our own comfortable brand there instead..

hmm.. dunno will be able to bf right away coz i think the flow may not come that fast. i will also prepare milk powder/bottles. also bring a few pieces of diapers, just in case. i v kiasu one. LOL!

i'm having my appt tomorrow. think after tml's appt, im also in the once-every-two-weeks appt.. =)
regarding hospital stay bag.. here's a few items to share.. you may add in if needed..

1. comfortable clothes/inner beauty to wear during discharge
2. toiletries
3. hp+charger
4. camera+charger
5. marriage cert + IC ( original ) - to reg bb's birth cert.. so its best to think of bb's name in advance
6. bb's clothing/swaddle/bootie/mitten..
7. maternity pad - coz hospital charge for everything u use.. so its best if we bring our own comfortable brand there instead..

hmm.. dunno will be able to bf right away coz i think the flow may not come that fast. i will also prepare milk powder/bottles. also bring a few pieces of diapers, just in case. i v kiasu one. LOL!
Hmm.. i think it depends on your progress.. My gynae says my pregnancy is progressing fine so I still see him every 3 weeks. But after my appt this thurs, I will probably be seeing him every 2 weeks. Anyone knows when your gynae will start to check for dilation? I got a feeling that my baby started to move downwards.. the feeling and pressure at the pelvis area is getting intense.. still counting down...

for me, starting week 30 onwards, i start to see my gynae every 2 weeks, its part of the package, anyway i m happy since i get to see my baby :)
On my week 32 appt, the nurse has started to ask me to do baby movement counts. Can't remember which week onwards will be weekly visit.

Good to hear that your baby is moving downwards :) it's about time

Last edited:

nutela

Hmm.. i think it depends on your progress.. My gynae says my pregnancy is progressing fine so I still see him every 3 weeks. But after my appt this thurs, I will probably be seeing him every 2 weeks. Anyone knows when your gynae will start to check for dilation? I got a feeling that my baby started to move downwards.. the feeling and pressure at the pelvis area is getting intense.. still counting down...
moving dwnwards??? how to noe if our baby is moving dwnwards??? my baby is stil in a lying position, breech position n my gynae keeps sayg tat i need to do caesarean but i dun wan!!!!
i wan normal delivery.....sob sob sob....i now at wk 30 but mostly people say that baby only starts to prepare for delivery at wk 32 - 34......but i dun understand y my gynae is scaring me???? nex time i change my gynae ah...no good gynae

eowyn

Actually, me also feeling some pressure on my pelvic area, but me only week 31 now lei. My bladder also seems full whenever i stand up, but when i sit down, sometimes the feeling will disappear. Does anyone experience this too?

eowyn

moving dwnwards??? how to noe if our baby is moving dwnwards??? my baby is stil in a lying position, breech position n my gynae keeps sayg tat i need to do caesarean but i dun wan!!!!
i wan normal delivery.....sob sob sob....i now at wk 30 but mostly people say that baby only starts to prepare for delivery at wk 32 - 34......but i dun understand y my gynae is scaring me???? nex time i change my gynae ah...no good gynae
Hmm.... actually, i thought that most gynea are pro-natural birth? My gynea never even asked me whether i wan natural or caesarean. He just decide for me that i wan natural birth, and he doesn't encourage epidural too.

Nutela, don't worry too much now, there is still time for baby to change position.

for me, starting week 30 onwards, i start to see my gynae every 2 weeks, its part of the package, anyway i m happy since i get to see my baby :)
On my week 32 appt, the nurse has started to ask me to do baby movement counts. Can't remember which week onwards will be weekly visit.

Good to hear that your baby is moving downwards :) it's about time
I think weekly visit will start in the last month.. we are coming close to our EDD! :) Does your baby move alot these days? My baby have more defined movements these days.. more like an arm stretch, an knee jerk and can see a bump raising on my tummy.. haha! quite hilarious to watch but it gets painful when he decided to use abit more strength.. And he seems to hiccups very often.. maybe I should ask my gynae if frequent hiccups are common.

Yeah, moving downwards would mean he has abit more space to grow, otherwise I feel like I am going to burst anytime.. tummy is so stretched now and there's another 6-7 weeks more to go..

You can feel that your baby use to move either left or right side of your stomach, now you will feel the movement goes up to below your chest, around your ribs, (sorry, not sure if I have described correctly). Then i confirmed with my gynae :)

Don't worry, your baby may move downwards later. Maybe your gynae is preparing for the worst scenario? Don't get too stress, it will affect your baby.