Teenager Pregnency

Porukadotzu

Sorry to say i am 1 of the mums u mentioned. I believe many of us understand tt during teens age how many of them r willing to listen to parents b it advice or having a gd tok to them or even reminding them? Eventually they will still do watever we r against or we teach them. It nt tt we dun haf moral but rather i knw tt nowadays kids dun simply listen to parents anymore n the more u say the more they wont listen into their brains so why nt teach them safe sex than to increase of unwanted pregnancies?

No one say tt as long as no pregnant is a correct thing
. By telling them, teaching them n watching them DO U really tink can prevent or stop them frm having sex at teens age? I dun tink so lor it up to individual kid's character n personality whether they willing to listen or adsorb watever tt we or school teach them. At least i seen many n knw many of them who r so much younger than me who r in the situations of wat i mentioned.

If after telling n teaching doesnt work so dun u tink having safe sex is better than having more unwanted pregnancies in SG n aso to let them knw tt they haf to b responsible for their own actions. Of coz no1 will juz straight away gif their sons or daughters condom b4 even teaching them wat r the rite things or moral & who will b so crazy to gif their kids condoms w/o teaching or telling them anything or correct moral? I feel tt u misunderstood wat we meant by asking them use condom lor.

Every parents love their own children n of coz dun wish to see them do mistakes or wrong things which is why parents always worry BUT the way u put it as i highlight in red it is very insulting to the parents lor. Who will push their own children down hill so tt they will learn or skinned them juz bcoz they dun listen? If they dun wan to listen which nt much opinion left for us to do anything. It is the same goes for advising ppl coz eventually it still up to individual to listen or take up advice or nt. :nah:

Yes by rite we should b telling them sex should b done after married but seriously speaking how many ppl actually do tt? Only minor of them will do tt lor but wat we should really let our children knw is tt they haf n should b responsible for watever their own actions. If my son take his gf upon as future wife, financially can afford n love each other which i dun see anything wrong to ML as it is their own personal life n as long as my son dun shrink his responsible. As his mother i will support him coz his dad is like tt, both his dad n me knw we r looking each other as marriage partners.

I dun support casual sex or changing gf every now n then for my son. I will wan my son to knw tt looking for gf is = future wife n dun step into SEX so easily unless they(son & gf) r sure for themselves wat they really wan. I tink teaching them the real meaning of love is more important coz u love sum1 doesnt mean u haf to haf sex wif tt person, aso letting them understand wat kind of responsible is it n for them to knw they haf to hold for the responsibility as the actions they done.

Knowing wat kind of responsible they haf to make will b much better view for them in term of sex n if unable to hold responsible they muz nt even try sex while xplain to them the consequences.
Morning all, It's raining today, so boss not yet around hehe, use this chance to check out this forum again.. So Loves, basically you and i have the same thinking about teaching teens about moral as the base and the meaning of love and responsibility..right? I know that many many teens wouldn't even listen to parents talking, I was like that once, and I guess we are all during teens were like that too....but somehow, it is not useless for parents to keep reminding their kids and monitoring them as in pay attention on what are the teens doing, I was once found this as annoying (really!) but in the end somehow I felt that my parents really did paying attention for me and my life and whatever I do, this leads me to always re-think of any action i wanna make....It's like, maybe over thousands words of wisdom that pass through my ears but one or two words are really hanging and stays on my head for good.... So this is what I'm trying to say....parents, don't be tired or frustrated to talk with your kids...not by force but by parents love...somehow good words really can plant something in stubborn head, do it over and over again even thou they won't listen now but human will naturally set this as an alarm.....watch over them, but not intimidate them....and give the trust on their shoulder to think the best not just for themselves but for parents feeling, and society feeling towards them.... Ofcoz I agree in safe sex better than unwanted pregnancy worse leads to abortion or child abandon, But I think parents to buy condoms for their kids after teaching them about moral and responsibility is just contradict....sorry if you found it insulting, but it is sounds like parents giving a free ticket to something bad. They are still teens, it's like getting them box of candy and say in case they feel hungry, it's something tempting to try on, teens would think that their parents support them after the long boring talk about no sex (but safe sex ok mah?).....how can parents hope for responsibility from teens if parents equipped the kids with these things? I know that it's depends on the kids personality to accept each teaching and it's up to them to live their life, but it's also parent's responsibility to plant this knowledge and make sure its working well. Sex before or after marriage, is up to individual opinion if they feel close to each religion or maybe want to save the best for last or some other reasons...its human rights, I'm not against it as long as both are adult enough to be responsible on whatever you stands for, but I will against it if Teenagers doing this out of curiosity. And when are they consider adult enough? well after they finish whatever education and can make a living for themselves atleast buy the condom using their own money! ha!... so there I said it....*peace*

Porukadotzu

:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:....its tt for me?? Aiyah..i don wanna skin him (if my bb is a boy la..)..i'll only do tt if he make a gal preg n leave her juz like tt.. its either marry her or be responsible towards ur bb.. i noe hw it feels like lei... I don want the gal to experience wat i hv been thru... come on son..if u do tt to a gal.. u same juz like ur dad!!! if i cant skinned ur dad alived cz he's nt legally mine..since u are mine legally..can i skinned u?? plz...........thks son...:wong19::001_302::001_302::001_302::001_302: hope my son become responsible guy.. thks Porukadotzu!! I'm enjoying it every single moment esp when i go for check up for scan..see BB i can smile frm ear to ear.. But the morning sickness, bloatedness n faints spells, I'm nt tt fav...:bbwink:endure...sri u hv to endure.......:tbiggrin:
I know u're just joke with the skinned off things...hehe I also can smile ear to ear when see the bb during check up, i'm around my 18th mth now and can feel bb moving bit...how's urs? how many mth? hope your morning sickness ok now..... should talk to ur bb in tummy not to make mummy miserable and sick and hv bad skins with pimple so that bb will see mummy's pretty face when bb come out haha ...i did that on the 1st mth and i didnt feel morning sickness at all, didn't hv pimples or dark skin too...haha..but it's a myth lah, sometimes it's hormones and the stress that caused all these.... can drink bit of ginger in warm water to ease your vomit, I heard...

Porukadotzu

Btw Poru..don mind i call u poru..ur nick so unique n long la.. hehe..difficult to memorize... hmmm.. may i noe hw old are u? juz curious... :err:
Poru also fine lah don't mind it hehe...i'm turning 29 this year, married just last year after 9 long years bf-gf hahahha.... now expecting bb, dunno the gender yet *sad* ...coz the doc schedual me on to see him on my 20th mth to do the ultrasound scan at one go... hope it's bb girl....i have alot of plan on how to dress her everyday... u know ur bb gender means u're about 18-20 mth now?

-SRI-

If he dun loves her then in the 1st place he shouldnt even haf sex wif her in the 1st place. Tats why i mentioned on my previous post to let them knw the real meaning of love is rather important. Sex can happen if he really loves tis ger n willing to b responsible if anything happen which he muz knw the consequences of sex will lead to + real love will lead to marriage too.

It is gd to use ourselves as best example which i intend to use it on my son :tlaugh: Yes for the above i bold on ur post IT IS wat i been trying to put across for Poru to understand.
bcz hor...i noe alot of ppl they said they luv their bf n gf..make luv..end up hor when anything happen or setback, they break up... n some of them really luv their partner but the other partner said luv which actually they don lor... luv is blind ma.... need two person to noe the real meaning of luv..when i was young ( in sec sch days) some of them be wit a guy cz they luv him but when alittle setback like the guy lose a job, they find the guy useless.. And to summarise... If he/she can abstain themself even better.. hahaha... TEMPTATION is always dere.. temptation to ML starts when u love someone...:001_302::001_302:

-SRI-

Poru also fine lah don't mind it hehe...i'm turning 29 this year, married just last year after 9 long years bf-gf hahahha.... now expecting bb, dunno the gender yet *sad* ...coz the doc schedual me on to see him on my 20th mth to do the ultrasound scan at one go... hope it's bb girl....i have alot of plan on how to dress her everyday... u know ur bb gender means u're about 18-20 mth now?
I hope mine is boy.. hahaha..ya..when my sis deliver to a bb gal, i so happy..doll her up everyday..nope..i dunno my bb gender...nt yet..In 1st apr den i tink can check bb gender..nw i only 15wks.. :001_302: btw.. juz asking.. ur HB need to go for thalessimia test or nt?? if yes, why? Hw old is ur HB?

Porukadotzu

I hope mine is boy.. hahaha..ya..when my sis deliver to a bb gal, i so happy..doll her up everyday..nope..i dunno my bb gender...nt yet..In 1st apr den i tink can check bb gender..nw i only 15wks.. :001_302: btw.. juz asking.. ur HB need to go for thalessimia test or nt?? if yes, why? Hw old is ur HB?
sometime i also wish to hv bb boy coz my hb say so that he don't feel the stress fm parents..but actually i'm ok both any gender is fine...just towards more to girls hehe..

oic, yea also need to wait anxiously too..

thalassaemia is like blood disorder is it? the doc nvr ask him to go blood test , only take mine on the last appointment but the test was for detecting if theres any down syndrome carried out in the bb...optional test but decide to take it out of curiosity ..and for any virus or something else (antenatal test) i already go for a test once i know i'm conceive around 1 mth....my hb he wil be 30yrs this yr.

doc ask ur hb to take thalassaemia test?

-SRI-

I know u're just joke with the skinned off things...hehe I also can smile ear to ear when see the bb during check up, i'm around my 18th mth now and can feel bb moving bit...how's urs? how many mth? hope your morning sickness ok now..... should talk to ur bb in tummy not to make mummy miserable and sick and hv bad skins with pimple so that bb will see mummy's pretty face when bb come out haha ...i did that on the 1st mth and i didnt feel morning sickness at all, didn't hv pimples or dark skin too...haha..but it's a myth lah, sometimes it's hormones and the stress that caused all these.... can drink bit of ginger in warm water to ease your vomit, I heard...

urs 18 mths or 18 wks??:001_302: mine 15 wks only..when's ur EDD?? Talk ar.. i tink i cry more than talk.. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:...face no pimpmles yet...my skin dark for sure..hehehe...but gt mood swings...if i cry ar..can feel BB move alot..is tt a kick?? I tink BB wanna tell me "mummy..don cry..don be a cry baby.be strg for me..." :wesmile::wesmile:

-SRI-

sometime i also wish to hv bb boy coz my hb say so that he don't feel the stress fm parents..but actually i'm ok both any gender is fine...just towards more to girls hehe..

thalassaemia is like blood disorder is it? the doc nvr ask him to go blood test , only take mine on the last appointment but the test was for detecting if theres any down syndrome carried out in the bb...optional test but decide to take it out of curiosity ..and for any virus or something else (antenatal test) i already go for a test once i know i'm conceive around 1 mth....my hb he wil be 30yrs this yr.

Yup..hv to..she said it a muz..i tot cz he's old..31 tis yr..but ur HB 30yrs old lei still nvr go take the test...which hospital? mine KK..i oso took the dwn syndrome test...package A (scan only)..but 80% accuracy..

Porukadotzu

Yup..hv to..she said it a muz..i tot cz he's old..31 tis yr..but ur HB 30yrs old lei still nvr go take the test...which hospital? mine KK..i oso took the dwn syndrome test...package A (scan only)..but 80% accuracy..
opss typo, i'm on 18th wk lah, if 18th mth then its overgrown already haha..

ehm..dunno, but should ask ur doc why ur hb nd to do that..and cost how much? careful sumtimes doc ask to do this and that which are not that important and in the end u need to spend this and that too...

my doc never ask my hb to do blood test , he didn't even talk to my hb hee...i went to mt alvernia.

LoVeS

Morning all, It's raining today, so boss not yet around hehe, use this chance to check out this forum again.. So Loves, basically you and i have the same thinking about teaching teens about moral as the base and the meaning of love and responsibility..right? I know that many many teens wouldn't even listen to parents talking, I was like that once, and I guess we are all during teens were like that too....but somehow, it is not useless for parents to keep reminding their kids and monitoring them as in pay attention on what are the teens doing, I was once found this as annoying (really!) but in the end somehow I felt that my parents really did paying attention for me and my life and whatever I do, this leads me to always re-think of any action i wanna make....It's like, maybe over thousands words of wisdom that pass through my ears but one or two words are really hanging and stays on my head for good.... So this is what I'm trying to say....parents, don't be tired or frustrated to talk with your kids...not by force but by parents love...somehow good words really can plant something in stubborn head, do it over and over again even thou they won't listen now but human will naturally set this as an alarm.....watch over them, but not intimidate them....and give the trust on their shoulder to think the best not just for themselves but for parents feeling, and society feeling towards them.... Ofcoz I agree in safe sex better than unwanted pregnancy worse leads to abortion or child abandon, But I think parents to buy condoms for their kids after teaching them about moral and responsibility is just contradict....sorry if you found it insulting, but it is sounds like parents giving a free ticket to something bad. They are still teens, it's like getting them box of candy and say in case they feel hungry, it's something tempting to try on, teens would think that their parents support them after the long boring talk about no sex (but safe sex ok mah?).....how can parents hope for responsibility from teens if parents equipped the kids with these things? I know that it's depends on the kids personality to accept each teaching and it's up to them to live their life, but it's also parent's responsibility to plant this knowledge and make sure its working well. Sex before or after marriage, is up to individual opinion if they feel close to each religion or maybe want to save the best for last or some other reasons...its human rights, I'm not against it as long as both are adult enough to be responsible on whatever you stands for, but I will against it if Teenagers doing this out of curiosity. And when are they consider adult enough? well after they finish whatever education and can make a living for themselves atleast buy the condom using their own money! ha!... so there I said it....*peace*
Actually if we notice tt nowadays teens r very rebel unlike the more olden days or even at our days n yes the more we say or we stop them yet the more they will find it annoying n will even do it on purpose juz to show the rebel side of them.

Like my twin cousins, my aunty shower them lots of care, attentions n love but they r very rebel n simply dun listen to their mom so sumtimes by using method of LOVE of a parent will nt work too. Human r like tt, they will only realise wat parents worry r actually true when "things" really happened but then wats the pt of REALISED n WILLING to listen by the time things happened? Wat parents teach or tell children r to prevent or dun wan things to happen so when things happened it is too late already.

I believe most mums here r juz saying tt they will rather encourage their children to use condom or remind them abt safe sex which i dun tink they mean BUYING condoms n gif their children.

Seriously speaking i still believe tt there r still a number of teens who actually haf sex for the sake of love as they see the partners as future partners instead of doing juz for the sake of curiosity. Yes it might b too early to tink tt "oh she/he is the one" but it is way much better than to casually haf sex to any partners which is responsible come to place on tis.:tlaugh:

LoVeS

bcz hor...i noe alot of ppl they said they luv their bf n gf..make luv..end up hor when anything happen or setback, they break up... n some of them really luv their partner but the other partner said luv which actually they don lor... luv is blind ma.... need two person to noe the real meaning of luv..when i was young ( in sec sch days) some of them be wit a guy cz they luv him but when alittle setback like the guy lose a job, they find the guy useless.. And to summarise... If he/she can abstain themself even better.. hahaha... TEMPTATION is always dere.. temptation to ML starts when u love someone...:001_302::001_302:
True enuff love is love blind which u cant tell if tt partner of urs truly love u or not BUT i feel tt if u urself truly love tis person, take the person as the ONE n willing to b responsible for wat might lead to which i tink it really ok. At least these ppl r nt doing for the sake of "having sex" or for fun or curiosity which is nt the correct moral n teaching.

LoVeS

Although i haf a baby boy n others will tink it gd coz lesser things to worry as u dun need to worry of them been taken advantage or watever BUT i still prefer girl coz i feel tt IF they really knw the real meaning to haf sex i tink it doesnt matter boy or girl already.:tlaugh: Sumore girl r more Tie Xin lor~~ AhhHHhhh i wan girl sia~~

LoVeS

ehm..dunno, but should ask ur doc why ur hb nd to do that..and cost how much? careful sumtimes doc ask to do this and that which are not that important and in the end u need to spend this and that too...

my doc never ask my hb to do blood test , he didn't even talk to my hb hee...i went to mt alvernia.
to check dwn syndrome is a common test to see if ur bb got defects or not n u can choose to check or nt to check 1. My gynae frm Mount A aso got let me do it.

-SRI-

Although i haf a baby boy n others will tink it gd coz lesser things to worry as u dun need to worry of them been taken advantage or watever BUT i still prefer girl coz i feel tt IF they really knw the real meaning to haf sex i tink it doesnt matter boy or girl already.:tlaugh: Sumore girl r more Tie Xin lor~~ AhhHHhhh i wan girl sia~~

:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:...hv another one den...skali tis time round gal..:Dancing_tongue: oh ya..i notice if boy they closer to their mum..if gal, closer to their dad..... ur boy closer to u than to ur HB??

Last edited:

Porukadotzu

to check dwn syndrome is a common test to see if ur bb got defects or not n u can choose to check or nt to check 1. My gynae frm Mount A aso got let me do it.

yea, Downsyndrome test is common optional test , i also chose to take... but thallasemia test for hubby is it common?

-SRI-

Loves...its thallesimia test (dunno the spelling)... i notice KK gt tis practice lei... dwn syndrome i go for it oredi..its optional...

-SRI-

i nt sure abt the cost....actually he hv to go for it on the same day i went for blood test... btw, u kena take blood test frm both arm or nt??

Porukadotzu

yea yea, this is why i also feel more towards bb girl...but not that i dont like bb boy thou...hmmm....but its good to have twins at once boy and girl hehe

Porukadotzu

i nt sure abt the cost....actually he hv to go for it on the same day i went for blood test... btw, u kena take blood test frm both arm or nt??
so means ur hb haven't do the test yet? maybe u should start new thread asking bout wether this test common or not, maybe other experience moms can help..

my doc only take blood test frm 1 arm only la, why? you got both arm? still the same rite? :err:

-SRI-

so means ur hb haven't do the test yet? maybe u should start new thread asking bout wether this test common or not, maybe other experience moms can help..

my doc only take blood test frm 1 arm only la, why? you got both arm? still the same rite? :err:
ok..i'll..hmm..here the story...

I went for blood test..the tie my arm wit a band den do some hand exercise..den i told the nurse tt when i was in sec sch, went for Hepatitis B blood test, the nurses dere cant find my veins.. at 1st the KK nurse ignore my story..but in the end, again diff to find..asked me last time take blood frm which arm?? den she check at my left arm..still cant find..tie the band even tighter which is very painful!! keep pressing on my arms..told her on the right... abt 3 mins den can find...quickly poke me..

the funny part is tt...the blood is nt enough..she still can asked me, " alamak..like nt enough..( shaking the test tubes)..u tink enough or nt?? (showed me the test tubes)..can ar... i scared ltr they'll call u back..hope nt.." :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:.. hw can the nurse asked me such qns?? hw will i noe ma...den i told her i don wanna come back again.. she told me " but u no more veins lei..(keep turned both of my arms looking for veins" end up she try on my right arm..gt alot more compared to the left arm...my left arm 3 wks blue black..nw ok oredi...