EDD October

nattynat

I paid SGD600 for my package. That's only for my regular check up excluding medicine and OSCAR scan or blood test. The package starts from 2nd trimester
$600 reminds me of the package at Gleneagles. haha.. was looking at Gleneagles initially but my budget didn't allow for it..

nattynat

Yahhh hehehe!
Have you booked your delivery package?
booking my delivery package next wednesday when i go for checkup :) signing up with scbb together also
u booked urs yet?

i haven't gone for any tour though. intend to just head straight to the delivery suite with my hb when i deliver without the tour cuz i think the nurses will guide us from there? mmm....

lyra

Mummies, I'm suddenly feeling a bit of depression. Do u go thro this prenatal? How do u deal with it? I simply lost interest in many things I used to enjoy, dun feel like gng out to meet ppl n sometimes, I'll cry but not very sure why.

Alisa

Mummies, I'm suddenly feeling a bit of depression. Do u go thro this prenatal? How do u deal with it? I simply lost interest in many things I used to enjoy, dun feel like gng out to meet ppl n sometimes, I'll cry but not very sure why.
i will only suddenly feel sad when i my hubby scold me lor so far not consider depression. U have to thinking happy le if not yr baby will also feel yr sadness wan.

my consultant fee is only $45, without package too.. mthly with med is around $100+

joanneneo

Mummies, I'm suddenly feeling a bit of depression. Do you go thro this prenatal? How do you deal with it? I simply lost interest in many things I used to enjoy, dont feel like gng out to meet ppl n sometimes, I'll cry but not very sure why.
i feel the same too... we just need extra attention at this point of time... dont worry... it normal to feel emotional but try not to think so much and be happy.
Baby will be affected by your mood as well. :D

Be happy mummy ok !

Stephy126

Instead of me having depression, i think my MIL is the one having depression! She felt that she's losing all her attention from my hubby as my hubby is the only son and she's a widow. Sometimes, she will ignored me and show me her temper even I didnt do anything to her.. Somehow, her reaction affect me alittle.. I told myself that I got to stay happy else my baby will not be a happy baby too!!

Triquetra

Instead of me having depression, i think my MIL is the one having depression! She felt that she's losing all her attention from my hubby as my hubby is the only son and she's a widow. Sometimes, she will ignored me and show me her temper even I didnt do anything to her.. Somehow, her reaction affect me alittle.. I told myself that I got to stay happy else my baby will not be a happy baby too!!
Maybe menopause thus emotionally unstable etc.
Just ignore her, take it as a good deed :p

Triquetra

You're not alone!!! For my case it's different...
I used to be slim and now I have put on a lot of weight thus feel kinda digusted with myself.
There was a period I had really v bad insomnia during my first pregnancy and I almost went crazy (sound exaggerating but imagine 2 weeks of barely any sleep OMG)... and now I am paranoid about not being able to sleep and anxiety attacks >.<"''

Lets jia you together!

nattynat

For me, i was quite emotional also, especially in the first trimester and the beginning of the third trimester. Will kick up a fuss and cry over small little things, easily agitated and all.

Oh Stephy... good for you. Glad that you're the optimistic type. I totally understand what you mean. I went through it while my MIL was still around. My HB used to be a mommy's boy and his mom loves him to death and vice versa but she has passed on few months ago when I was 2 months pregnant. But guess what? I have a SIL that behaves like my MIL. *bang wall* I'm so glad that we don't live together! When she was here visiting us few months ago, while I was in my first trimester, I was napping the whole time and couldn't do much housework. She was unhappy that her brother had to do all the house chores. Well, can't blame her. She's still single and never been pregnant before, so she wouldn't understand our situation.

I think it should be normal to be emotional at our current state, no? I'll cry at almost any touching stories. I remember I cried after the lady came to pick up my doggies to go for boarding before my holiday trip. I cried while relating to my HB some touching stories I read. I remember when I was shopping for maternity clothes and couldn't find anything cute, I was like: What?? You mean preggies have to look so frumpy?! I was upset.

I suggest whenever you feel low, take a few deep breath and do some body stretches to relax. Breathe in through the nose (while your tummy expands) and then breathe out through your mouth (while your tummy flattens). That is also the breathing method during labour so it's a good practice too :) The body stretches did wonder for my backaches. I was in so much pain (that I was lamenting about, few posts before this) that after I did some back stretches and do the deep breathing, the pain was gone for good. I'm also lucky to have a crazy HB. He'll make me laugh with his nonsense. Walking at the park helps too :) Hmm.. what about eating some dark chocolate and it must be dark chocolate ok :) It provides happy hormones. I eat two tiny bars whenever I feel like having chocolates.

Hope you feel better soon! Like your blog by the way :)

i will only suddenly feel sad when i my hubby scold me lor so far not consider depression. U have to thinking happy le if not yr baby will also feel yr sadness wan.

my consultant fee is only $45, without package too.. mthly with med is around $100+
Oopsie, it seems like I'm paying quite a sum for my visitations. I don't get any supplements from her 'cause my mom and sister bought them for me. As I said, consultation alone is $80 and if she charges for ultrasound, then it would be another $80 or so. However, at times she'll waive the ultrasound fee.

Anyone delivering at Mount E? Maybe we can say hi :) My EDD is 26 Oct

i see... that's quite sad... but without the package i think it's still ok i guess price wise as compared to the rates from private hosps?
i'm paying 50% of your rate for consultation, scans and tests.
my edd's 3 oct. you?
Oh man, I wish that my EDD is early Oct too. So excited to see my baby! Haha..

Anybody has itch or rash issues? I only got it about a week ago. It doesn't disturb me during my sleep but I tell ya, it's enough for me to scratch myself like a monkey, while I'm awake!! I feel so yucky that I perspire practically round the clock, unless I'm in an air-conditioned room or a fan is blowing at me at medium speed.

Just want to share if you get rashes on face, which I did. I hope none of you have it. This is what I did and the rash is finally gone! Thank goodness.

I use a very mild cleanser (important!) and thereafter I put on this DIY mask (powdered oatmeal, low fat plain yogurt and a few drops of milk). After removing the mask, I use a toner and then finally I put on face oil as moisturizer. Face oil that I used in the day is argan oil and I use rosehip oil at night.

For rash on my limbs, I bought this lotion that contain colloidal oatmeal that can be purchased at Guardian pharmacy. The brand is Dermaveen. Actually I was using full range of organic face and body products but I didn't have a choice because the itch can drive me crazy so I have to use Dermaveen unless I stop to itch :001_302:

I'm a beauty product junkie so if I can be of help with anything about skin issue, do ask :)

Oh lastly, doc said it could be the allergens from the bird's nest :p So, no bird's nest for me :(

Chocygurlz

What makes him think that u will deliver early?
My official EDD is 2nd Oct and by scan it is 30 Sept...
However my instinct tells me that I will deliver earlier than both dates -_-"
Haha I don't know but he said by experience 1st time mummy tend to deliver 2 weeks early.

Chocygurlz

Went for my regular check up last Saturday. My baby gal is about 1.5kgs now and my weight gain is about 3.5kg. My Gynae said likely my gal will be a big built baby since both the parents are BIG :p
Slay your weight gain is amazing... Just curious you really control your diet fir this pregnancy huh? Me gained 6kg and baby is 1.6kg @ wk29 d4.

lyra

Hi! I also use colloidal oatmeal from pharmacy. Recommended by my obstetrician. I had itchy rashes prob. So serious that it affected my sleep n mood. But I discovered the cause of it. My stretch mark cream. Then I realized any cream I use gives me rashes. Not sure which components in them r guilty. I stopped all creams n all make up unless need go for special occasion. No choice, bb dum allow me to look pretty!

Anybody has itch or rash issues? I only got it about a week ago. It doesn't disturb me during my sleep but I tell ya, it's enough for me to scratch myself like a monkey, while I'm awake!! I feel so yucky that I perspire practically round the clock, unless I'm in an air-conditioned room or a fan is blowing at me at medium speed.

Just want to share if you get rashes on face, which I did. I hope none of you have it. This is what I did and the rash is finally gone! Thank goodness.

I use a very mild cleanser (important!) and thereafter I put on this DIY mask (powdered oatmeal, low fat plain yogurt and a few drops of milk). After removing the mask, I use a toner and then finally I put on face oil as moisturizer. Face oil that I used in the day is argan oil and I use rosehip oil at night.

For rash on my limbs, I bought this lotion that contain colloidal oatmeal that can be purchased at Guardian pharmacy. The brand is Dermaveen. Actually I was using full range of organic face and body products but I didn't have a choice because the itch can drive me crazy so I have to use Dermaveen unless I stop to itch :001_302:

I'm a beauty product junkie so if I can be of help with anything about skin issue, do ask :)

Oh lastly, doc said it could be the allergens from the bird's nest :p So, no bird's nest for me :(

lyra

fernleafify, thnx for the advice n for liking my blog.
Mummies, thnx for the encouragements. I'm feeling much better now. Physical condition is affecting my emotions a little like constantly feeling hot n sweaty n the irritating Singapore weather, plus the need to walk longer distances for public transport, and feelings of breathlessness sometimes make me more irritable n upset. I tend to worry a lot recently but talking to hubby helps. I think my emotions r on a roller coaster ride. Haha. But yah, will try to avoid those unhappy things n try to do things that uplift my mood.

So far, I think yoga (with the breathing exercise that fernleafify suggest), baby stuff shopping with frens or hubby in air-con malls, avoid travelling under hot sun, n gng to bed filling full n satisfied helps a lot with keeping mood good. Also I try to avoid thinking about money n housing issues... Coz my new house juz came. Excitement but oso something to worry abt...