Im pregnant

aries80

Hi, wish to get some advice here. I am pregnant and was only got to know last friday, it was already in my 4-week of pregnancy. This is really an unexpected pregnancy to both my hubby and I. We were actually planning to have baby 3-year later as both of us are still persuing a better career. We have already legally married and our wedding ceremony is going to be held early next month. Further, we have also booked a trip for our honeymoon next year to Eypt. Our plan does not take into the consideration of having a baby during this period. However, after knowing that I'm pregnant, a litle confusion came into my mind, abit happy and abit confused. I have a very long discussion with my hubby over the weekend and we have came to a conclusion that if the baby's heartbeat is formed, then we will keep it, if not, we will abort it. Yesterday, we have consulted a gynae who is able to perform an abortion for me. We had another ultrascanned, and found out that the development of my baby is abit abnormal. Its gestational size was 4.6mm last friday and extended to 19mm yeaterday, the gynae also unable to identify the yolk sac. Further, the shape of the gestational sac should be round and not long rectangular shape. It's really very shock to us, seems like our baby is not healthy. Before knowing I'm pregnant, I was taking slimming pill and a meal a day, as I was desparately trying to lose weight since my wedding is around the corner. After knowing I'm pregnant, I have started taking more meals, my weight has gone up 1kg plus within a few days. I'm not sure whether the sixe of the gestational sac was affected by my meals intake, that's y it has a sudden jump in size.... On the other hand, I also feel like keeping the baby becoz I'm worried if the abortion would cause me difficult to conceive in the furture....

Ah Cheng

Hi aries80,

Just to ask, how old are you now?
Having Baby is such a great experience, even to postpone your honeymood trip is also worth it.

You know, I have tried for about a year to have a baby. That's to say it's not an easy thing about having baby. Many women still finding their ways to get pregnant.

Have a serious talk with your hubby and plan for your future.
My advise is "Dont do things which will makes you feel regret in future".

aries80

Hi aries80,

Just to ask, how old are you now?
Having Baby is such a great experience, even to postpone your honeymood trip is also worth it.

You know, I have tried for about a year to have a baby. That's to say it's not an easy thing about having baby. Many women still finding their ways to get pregnant.

Have a serious talk with your hubby and plan for your future.
My advise is "Dont do things which will makes you feel regret in future".
Im 28 years old this year and my hubby is 5 years older than me....

EnFlor

I can only say that your priorities may change as your tummy grows.
Come on aries, read the threads posted by mums who just gave birth. Seeing your baby is worth the labour.

wlin

hi aries80,

there is no real need to rush into a decision now.... you can go through the wedding ceremony first since it's so soon. Even going on an overseas honeymoon trip is not an issue for preggies in first trimester.

Although there are early signs that the baby may be abit abnormal, the truth usually becomes very clear during follow-up scans, which i am sure the gynae would have scheduled you for. Rather than acting on possibilities at this moment, why don;t you wait for clear signs from further scans then make a definite decision.

but really, every life is precious. You will NEVER regret having the child. My first was a honeymoon baby. I was also 28, totally unexpected and totally unprepared as well. 8 years down the road, I have never, for one single moment, regret having her.

aries80

Hi Wlin

Thanks for your advice. :Dancing_wub:

I had another discussion with my hubby recently and we have finally decided not to take our "first born" little precious life away. :001_302: What we need to do now is to find a reliable female gynae. Any female gynae to recommend?

ave you guys heard of Dr Jen, his clinic is located in Ang Mo Kio.If yes, any bad comments about him?

Rgds

hi aries80,

there is no real need to rush into a decision now.... you can go through the wedding ceremony first since it's so soon. Even going on an overseas honeymoon trip is not an issue for preggies in first trimester.

Although there are early signs that the baby may be abit abnormal, the truth usually becomes very clear during follow-up scans, which i am sure the gynae would have scheduled you for. Rather than acting on possibilities at this moment, why don;t you wait for clear signs from further scans then make a definite decision.

but really, every life is precious. You will NEVER regret having the child. My first was a honeymoon baby. I was also 28, totally unexpected and totally unprepared as well. 8 years down the road, I have never, for one single moment, regret having her.

hi Aries80..
gd to noe u r keepin d baby.. i was 25 when got pregnant 3 mths aft my marriage.. was in a shock initially.. till date no honeymoon yet but no regrets... Once ur tummy grow bigger, ur feelin will grow deeper towards d bb too.. its a special feelin..:Dancing_tongue:
mine gynae is fr kkh, Dr KT Tan.. she's a senior consultant n v reliable.. she's direct n thorough in her work.. lots of my fren too under her..u can try seekin opionion fr her...
till then u take care n keep on smilin...:tlaugh:

wlin

hi aries80,

Good to know that you are keeping the bb.
I am sure the bb will bring lots of joy and fulfillment to your marriage :)
All the best!

Ah Cheng

HI aries80,
Congrats. You finally made the decision to keep the baby.
Do feel free to ask any questions in this forum. There are alot of helpful mummies who can share their experience and advises.
Esp useful to 1st time mother like us. :)

January84

Hi Wlin

Thanks for your advice. :Dancing_wub:

I had another discussion with my hubby recently and we have finally decided not to take our "first born" little precious life away. :001_302: What we need to do now is to find a reliable female gynae. Any female gynae to recommend?

ave you guys heard of Dr Jen, his clinic is located in Ang Mo Kio.If yes, any bad comments about him?

Rgds
BB is a love precious formed by both of u. U and your hubby made the right decision for keeping your bundle of joy.

for me, married in dec 06 and wanted to go honeymoon in dec 07, to celebrate first year wedding as well, but was preggy in jan 07. Excited!! so decided to postpone to this year dec, as i don wanna leave my DS during first year, and now, will postpone to 09 Dec, cos i am preggy again!!! hahahhaha....

we can plan and go honeymoon at anytime, anyplace. so happy for u.

My gynae is from ACJ clinic located in TMC level 3. Signed consultation package from wk 12 at $650, which will include monthly consultations till u deliver. Include scan, weight/BP/Urine tests, exclude blood test, jabs, vitamins, medicine, oscar and 5th month BB detailed scan.

govt can claim up to $450 under maternity package.

For delivery, staying 3d2n under 4 bedded cate (free upgrade to 2 bedded when 4 bedded full, only 1 room 4 bedded for delivery) for natural delivery w/o epi is $2.2k now. Admission have to pay $800 (wef yr 2008),
and the rest deducted by medisave, normallu they will refund u 200-300 back to your acc if u got no epi or any other jabs.

*hope this helps*

lonerjas

Don worry so much 1st monitor the growth of the BB 1st. It might not be the slimming products that cause the abnormal mayb just monitor closely 1st.

My 1st pregy i was on slimming products oso, thou i was 48kg fro 1.63m height i still wanna slim more.. I went gym, jacuzzi and sauna and stadium to jog. I was already preggy and i dunno cos my menses are irregular.

Till 1 day i vomit after taking ice milo after MAc breakfast den i notice my menses 2mth plus overdue and by the time i m already 10 to 12wk preggy.. See my DS now already 4yrs old very healthy.

Well let nature takes it's course ba, if this BB is meant to be yours then is yours. Some ppl out there who want oso hard to conceive. Accept tis present for your wedding from GOD ba heehee

aries80

Don worry so much 1st monitor the growth of the BB 1st. It might not be the slimming products that cause the abnormal mayb just monitor closely 1st.

My 1st pregy i was on slimming products oso, thou i was 48kg fro 1.63m height i still wanna slim more.. I went gym, jacuzzi and sauna and stadium to jog. I was already preggy and i dunno cos my menses are irregular.

Till 1 day i vomit after taking ice milo after MAc breakfast den i notice my menses 2mth plus overdue and by the time i m already 10 to 12wk preggy.. See my DS now already 4yrs old very healthy.

Well let nature takes it's course ba, if this BB is meant to be yours then is yours. Some ppl out there who want oso hard to conceive. Accept tis present for your wedding from GOD ba heehee
-------------
Thanks all of you for your concern and advices.

I have finally settled down with my gynae and have another scan recently, BB is healthy. But I am going through a very bad morning sickness plus recent food posioning, it made me not even unable to take in any food and fluid, it also made me scared to smell food, injection does not help at all. That's really the worst experience in life. were all of you experience the same thing as me? I am currently still working, and becoz of this bad condition, I have to keep taking mc, how frequent you guys taking mc during this period?

January84

-------------
Thanks all of you for your concern and advices.

I have finally settled down with my gynae and have another scan recently, BB is healthy. But I am going through a very bad morning sickness plus recent food posioning, it made me not even unable to take in any food and fluid, it also made me scared to smell food, injection does not help at all. That's really the worst experience in life. were all of you experience the same thing as me? I am currently still working, and becoz of this bad condition, I have to keep taking mc, how frequent you guys taking mc during this period?

my first preggy my gynae give me 6 wks of HL to rest at home (last year), my second preggy 4 wks( this year).

During my morning sickness, I drank coke with lemon slices, feel much better, and shiok. . . cos cant eat, cant smell, pule always. . . so coke with lemon slices my best friend tt time :001_302: :001_302: :001_302:

aries80

my first preggy my gynae give me 6 wks of HL to rest at home (last year), my second preggy 4 wks( this year).

During my morning sickness, I drank coke with lemon slices, feel much better, and shiok. . . cos cant eat, cant smell, pule always. . . so coke with lemon slices my best friend tt time :001_302: :001_302: :001_302:
-------------
So good?? How come my gynae never given me any HL (means home leave) to rest??? Can I request from him?

badtzzz

i usually take medical leave for my gynae appt..a time for me to rest at home and ample time for me to go for my gynae appt...but if im busy at work...i schedule for saturdays appt...

January84

-------------
So good?? How come my gynae never given me any HL (means home leave) to rest??? Can I request from him?
sure u can.. . normally they ask u too.. . . but my was because me got spotting in first preggy and MS for 2nd preggy,

i requested 3 HLs from my gynae and told her i am just to tired to do anything. She said since BB want you to rest, you should rest more. . hahah...

January84

i usually take medical leave for my gynae appt..a time for me to rest at home and ample time for me to go for my gynae appt...but if im busy at work...i schedule for saturdays appt...
for my appt, it alwasy on friday and gynae will give MC for that day. . .
Sat appt extra $5..

the packages there are weekdays packages. .

badtzzz

wa....extra $5 for weekend...
guess my package was much more expensive compared and it was like 750 for all gynae checkup and multi vitamins except blood test and other medicine such as fish oil

January84

wa....extra $5 for weekend...
guess my package was much more expensive compared and it was like 750 for all gynae checkup and multi vitamins except blood test and other medicine such as fish oil
my clinic does not incluse multi vitamins. . . .strictly only normal consultation and scanning only, those very basic type. . .