Edd march 2012

hayashi43

Wondering if anyone here has brought their bbs out already? I'm wondering at 3 months old, where can we go without feeling the squeeze...:/
i brought my twins out after 1 mth..ambitiously brought them to Taka thinking that everything should be ok since i brought e milk along..in e end we went home after 2-3 hrs, didn't get to buy much things as bb cried for milk and also change diaper and we spent most of e time feeding and pacify them...haha...scary..>.<

after that, i learnt that we should start from nearby malls first, Orchard is too far and also crowded..and timing is important and also we use baby sling and carrier to carry them instead of stroller, cos stroller abit troublesame to move ard and also bb are too small to stay inside for long

feathers

I bring mine out regularly. I guess its easiler when they are younger. I started after confinement ends. She sleep well in sling and carrier so no problem for me to walk around and shop as much as I want. I bf so no need to lug along bottles and water, not too heavy for my shoulders. She did cry a few times in public but no biggie, just hug her or rush her off for diaper change or just pull out the nursing cover to feed and she'll settle down soon enough. =D

katsg

My boy drool a lot too, was told its common among baby boys. Nowsaday he would put his thumb ( sometimes 2 thumbs or 1 thumb plus 1 finger) into his mouth (- -")

Went for his 5-1 jab today :)

By the way any mummies out there letting their baby sleep in Yao lan?? Do u have any difficulties putting them back to the baby cot???

My hubby went to buy a yan lan today cos mother n father in law kept insisting to let bb sleep in it ( bb head is flat on one side n they say sleeping in yan lan will help to correct it) MIL even say bb will sleep longer n better in Yao lan ( kept telling her bb can sleep up to 7hr in cot, he doesn't sleep well in the day cos he just don't want to nap long!!! )

Im concern cos my sister in law twins slept in Yao lan ( again under the pressure of my in laws) n now they refuse to sleep on their bed! She told me die die also don't let bb sleep in it....

On one hand I want to correct my bb head shape, on the other hand am worried tat bb would like the Yao lan so much tat he would not sleep in his bed... How?!?!?
Ya, nowadays also happens to my boy. He like to put his thumb or the whole fingers into mouth. Suck the edges of his bolster or long sleeve pyjamas. Everything that comes into contact with their lips. Guess now at this stage they are learning to explore their own hands. LOL!

My boy sleeps in yao lan when he's a month old. Daytime he sleeps in yao lan and night time I would rock him to sleep before placing him in the cot and he can sleep throughout in the cot at night. It's true for my boy that he sleeps longer and better in yao lan than on bed. On bed, he keeps waking up with cries as fast as 20mins upon falling asleep but in yao lan he can sleep for hours. At night, I would rotate him to sleep on diff side of his head after each feed in the cot. So far his head is still very round..:)

you bring her to nearby places? i find it hard to bring out my son for long
:(... hubby and i take cab if need to bring baby out... dun have car... and dun want squeeze in public transport
I bring my girl to church every Sunday then to my mum's place. Also no car so have to take cab thus must plan. Not cheap. Public transport too scary these days with the crowd and breakdowns. I do bring her to nearby park if I dont want to carry too many stuffs. But weekday can be a little boring.. Wonder what are some good and friendly places to bring bbs...

katsg

i brought my twins out after 1 mth..ambitiously brought them to Taka thinking that everything should be ok since i brought e milk along..in e end we went home after 2-3 hrs, didn't get to buy much things as bb cried for milk and also change diaper and we spent most of e time feeding and pacify them...haha...scary..>.<

after that, i learnt that we should start from nearby malls first, Orchard is too far and also crowded..and timing is important and also we use baby sling and carrier to carry them instead of stroller, cos stroller abit troublesame to move ard and also bb are too small to stay inside for long
Haha, I had the same experience as you too! End up feeding, diaper changing and pacifying my boy after bring him out for a shopping trip. After that, minimise bringing him out till he's older first. Haha...

pehfam

my twin boys exactly like ur boy!! drooling and also licking + sucking fingers!! sometimes 1-2 fingers, sometimes trying hard to put their whole palms..but of coz hands are too big for e mouths...=P

initially hubby and i dont let them suck, but i read that sucking fingers before 6 mths is 1 of their normal development cos they are learning to recognise their own bodies also..and in fact i observed 1 of my twin boys, he will keep looking at his hand before putting into his mouth...haha so funny..

I also worried abt my boys head shapes, but instead of change to yao lan, i tried to let them sleep sideway..read it from some website also..
I tried to support his head to sleep on the other side, but after a while he will fall back to his usual position... Doc did comment that bb will grow out of it just to keep trying to force him to sleep on the other side...

pehfam

My boy has been out every weekend since my confinement ended ( hee hee cos me n hubby like to run around) can be scary n stressful during the first few outings, but after a while we kind of got the hang of it ( from pooing in the car to feeding in public ) as we drive it's easier for us to be out the whole day. During weekdays we will put him in stroller n go for walk in the evening.. Now he like to be in his stroller cos that would mean going out for gai gai!

katsg

My boy drool a lot too, was told its common among baby boys. Nowsaday he would put his thumb ( sometimes 2 thumbs or 1 thumb plus 1 finger) into his mouth (- -")

Went for his 5-1 jab today :)

By the way any mummies out there letting their baby sleep in Yao lan?? Do u have any difficulties putting them back to the baby cot???

My hubby went to buy a yan lan today cos mother n father in law kept insisting to let bb sleep in it ( bb head is flat on one side n they say sleeping in yan lan will help to correct it) MIL even say bb will sleep longer n better in Yao lan ( kept telling her bb can sleep up to 7hr in cot, he doesn't sleep well in the day cos he just don't want to nap long!!! )

Im concern cos my sister in law twins slept in Yao lan ( again under the pressure of my in laws) n now they refuse to sleep on their bed! She told me die die also don't let bb sleep in it....

On one hand I want to correct my bb head shape, on the other hand am worried tat bb would like the Yao lan so much tat he would not sleep in his bed... How?!?!?
My boy aso just went for his 1st 5-in-1 jab today. He seems to feel very sleepy the whole day and aso not much appetite. Is yours the same? Very scare he will have fever...

feathers

I bring her everywhere, mostly Orchard though. I usually bring her out alone with her in carrier or wrap and a diaper bag, take bus or cab if too far or I'm late. She is easy to bring her, sleep in carrier all the way. I go out 6hrs, she can sleep almost 6hrs without feed if I let her. Then, she'll wake up around 6 plus or 7 to look around. She will go back to sleep at 8 or 9 if I'm still outside. Quite standard, only one time cry when I'm eating cuz I lay her down at the sofa seat next to me. If I eat with her in the carrier, she'll be fine just that I have to be careful not to drip food on her. Hee!!

Anne Gan

Mine born in 10 March.

Thought of buying baby carrier (or call backpack??), any recommended brands (with good support)?

Thanks ya!

pehfam

My boy aso just went for his 1st 5-in-1 jab today. He seems to feel very sleepy the whole day and aso not much appetite. Is yours the same? Very scare he will have fever...
Nothing much change for my boy after the jab ( but his milk intake seems to have gone down before and after the jab ) but on second night he has a slight fever, u may want to mointor him cos on seems like fever will happen at night ( well at least for my boy...)

I bring her everywhere, mostly Orchard though. I usually bring her out alone with her in carrier or wrap and a diaper bag, take bus or cab if too far or I'm late. She is easy to bring her, sleep in carrier all the way. I go out 6hrs, she can sleep almost 6hrs without feed if I let her. Then, she'll wake up around 6 plus or 7 to look around. She will go back to sleep at 8 or 9 if I'm still outside. Quite standard, only one time cry when I'm eating cuz I lay her down at the sofa seat next to me. If I eat with her in the carrier, she'll be fine just that I have to be careful not to drip food on her. Hee!!
Wow you are good! Mine tend to whine when night falls.

pehfam

Mine born in 10 March.

Thought of buying baby carrier (or call backpack??), any recommended brands (with good support)?

Thanks ya!
Same day as my boy!!! I just bot a baby carrier too! Got a baby sling from HK but doesn't quite work for my boy so end up bot a Babybjorn Baby carrier miracle from mothercare ( they having sale now...) I had a hand me down combi and that didn't work...

Anne Gan

Same day as my boy!!! I just bot a baby carrier too! Got a baby sling from HK but doesn't quite work for my boy so end up bot a Babybjorn Baby carrier miracle from mothercare ( they having sale now...) I had a hand me down combi and that didn't work...
Oh really! Which hospital you delivered? Mine thomson.

How much you pay for Babybjorn Baby carrier miracle?
Must bring boy to test before buying?

pehfam

Oh really! Which hospital you delivered? Mine thomson.

How much you pay for Babybjorn Baby carrier miracle?
Must bring boy to test before buying?
Hahaha same here I delivered at thomson too! Think i got it for $200+, it's super ex.... We brought our boy down and wanted to test out all the carrier before making a decision ( they have sample for you to test) But he was sleeping throught the shopping trip so I decided to go ahead n buy ( cos saw a few mothers using it ) So far used it once and it was wonderful!

hayashi43

just brought my twins for injection yesterday, they weighed 5.7 & 5.6 kg now, doc actually said e current feeding amt of 110ml is just nice for them, but after i told him that they would cry and whine abit everytime after feeding then doc said then maybe try increase abit to 120ml for them...both of them have double chin now!! hopefully they don't end up over-weight...>.<

katsg

Nothing much change for my boy after the jab ( but his milk intake seems to have gone down before and after the jab ) but on second night he has a slight fever, u may want to mointor him cos on seems like fever will happen at night ( well at least for my boy...)
Ya, my boy's milk intake yesterday aso went down. Early this morning he had a slight fever and I fed him the Panadol drips already. Hope it will subside soon...@@

katsg

just brought my twins for injection yesterday, they weighed 5.7 & 5.6 kg now, doc actually said e current feeding amt of 110ml is just nice for them, but after i told him that they would cry and whine abit everytime after feeding then doc said then maybe try increase abit to 120ml for them...both of them have double chin now!! hopefully they don't end up over-weight...>.<
My boy aso weighs 5.73kg now and he's taking 150ml already. Aso got double chin. LOL...