Anybody gone to Dr. Wee Horng Yen from KKH?

Oojo

Hi Ladies,

Has anybody gone to and delivered with Dr. Wee Horng Yen from KKH? I just discovered my pregnancy and made appointment with him, without checking anybody else as such.. Very nervous!

Please let me know how have your experience been with him.. Have to meet him this Sat..

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I just saw him 2 weeks ago. Nice and friendly Doctor. He's a Senior Consultant, meaning he's already very experienced already. Read other positive reviews from other forums about him as well, that's why I chose him. It was my first time with him with no prior recommendations, so I understand your nervousness.

He just delivered a baby on the day I went, so all his morning appointments were like crammed together, that explains why he was in a bit of a rush. Will be seeing him again this Saturday. :) Congrats and take good care! :)

Dr Wee delivered my daughter. He's a very nice and patient doctor. My husband and I like him very much. Will go to him for our second one. He's always busy but he doesn't rush during consultations. He explains everything and eases any questions that we have patiently. He's very careful and experienced hence you are in gd hands! :)

Kuhan

Hey dearie, Dr HY Wee is a fantastic choice.:Dancing_wub:
My hubby & I were vry confused on which gynae 2 pick 4 my 2nd pregnancy as we had a lousy experience 4 the 1st, wen a colleague of mine recommended me 2 Dr Wee. And i never regretted the day i stepped in2 his consultation rm deciding him 2 be my gynae. He was a vry warm & jovial person who patiently answered all my hubby's queries. We both liked him straight away frm the confidence he gave us.
After my 3rd month in2 my pregnancy, i started hving many complications nearly leading me 2 miscarriages & would you believe, seeing me so distressed all the time, he actually held my hand & promised that he would walk me through the pregnancy smoothly. He even gave us his HP no. & his e-mail add in case of an emergency or if we had any questions 2 ask him. I mean, how many Drs would actually do that?
He did as he said & delivered my healthy boy on the 10/10/2011.
How many Drs have we met in our daily lives who would go an extra mile 2 keep their patients as comfortable as possible...Well, Dr Wee was the 1st my hubby & i have met & we r vry thnkful 2 him 4 our boy:wewink:

Amulet

how is his stitching skill?

i had a fine caesarean section for my first girl, wan to try VBCA for my 2nd one.. but im afraid of episiotomy and the aftermath..

Oojo

Thanks all for your replies!! I'm continuing seeing him and indeed I like him.. He asked me few times if I really am not going back to my home country as I'm a foreigner and when I said him no, he said then don't worry and he will take care of all.. :) only thing is I mentioned to him I want to try natural rather than c-section as its my first baby! I hope that works out :)

Oojo

Hi All

What is his charges?
Hello yeoymp, he is a senior consultant so first time is $95 and then on is $80.. Scans and medications are separate and no package including consultation etc as in other places.. I understand KKH doesn't give packages.. Only thing I now got updated is with expected cost of delivery (wards etc etc).. Take care!!

andieluv2

he's a bery nice doc!! he.juz.delivered my baby.girl.last.month!! i opt for nvd but my cervix simply.refuse to.dilate. he came specially at 8+pm whn he.suppose.to.off.duty.liao juz to check how was.my.induction. and by 11+pm, the on call registra said its better to go.for.emergency csect as baby is.abit.distress and heart.rate abit.drop as the.induction.medication was on.high dose already. actually whn its.off office hr.i think the.on call.team.doc will.do the.op but whn the nurse told him i opt for e csect, he rushed bck at 12+am to do the.opt for me. and.whn its my 3rd post.op day, he was.on leave.but came bck.specially.juz to.review.me. i am a staff.nurse in kkh but i think he treat all.his.patients the.same regardless of wat status.u are. he.is bery.kind.and.reassuring. but saddly he's.leaving.for.private.practice this oct. if anyone want.his contact, u can pm me. so.sad that he cant deliver my 2nd one(its.silly to go deliver in private whn u work in kkh isnt it?!). he's definitely a good.doc!! highly recommend!!!

Just saw him last Saturday. He's headed for Novena Medical Centre. He told me he'd deliver at Mt Alvernia, Thomson and Gleneagles.. maybe other pte hospitals too. Probably will follow him next time. He's a really skilful and good doctor.. and cheerful and friendly too. Unlike some old birds in pte hospitals whom I heard were nasty and curt to my pregnant friends simply because they know they are good.

Gem2505

my girl was delivered by him but i didnt had a good experience with him. i was suppose to be with another gynae but i was admitted immediately due to low waterbag level and my gynae was OVERSEAS! so i was referred to Dr Wee. so the first time i see him, he is going to deliver for me.
he get the nurse to induce for me. but apparently, it doesnt work. and he ask the nurse to induce again. after 33 hours of pain and waiting, i dilated for only 1 cm! he asked the nurse to induce again via phone but i refused. i asked for C sect coz 33hours of waiting is pretty stressful for me. he came and deliver for me after i insisted for c Sect.
my scar is HORRIBLE! freaking thick and ugly and bulging out. it looks like a caterpillar to me.
im having my #2 now and nope, im not going back to him and changed my gynae to Dr Irene Chua at gleneagles now.

overall, you have to feel comfortable with your chosen gynae.

andieluv2

Gem2505:676924 said:
my girl was delivered by him but i didnt had a good experience with him. i was suppose to be with another gynae but i was admitted immediately due to low waterbag level and my gynae was OVERSEAS! so i was referred to Dr Wee. so the first time i see him, he is going to deliver for me.
he get the nurse to induce for me. but apparently, it doesnt work. and he ask the nurse to induce again. after 33 hours of pain and waiting, i dilated for only 1 cm! he asked the nurse to induce again via phone but i refused. i asked for C sect coz 33hours of waiting is pretty stressful for me. he came and deliver for me after i insisted for c Sect.
my scar is HORRIBLE! freaking thick and ugly and bulging out. it looks like a caterpillar to me.
im having my #2 now and nope, im not going back to him and changed my gynae to Dr Irene Chua at gleneagles now.

overall, you have to feel comfortable with your chosen gynae.
i think scaring wise depends on personal status oso. mine was nice and flat after 7wks. juz left a redish line. not bulging up anymore like wat it used to..

AngelaJ

Do you know when he will head for Novena Medical center? And how to make appointiment with him? I called in to KK today and was told he's leaving KK.. So sad.. My first boy was also delivered by him...Wish to see him for my #2...

He told me in September. You can call his nurse Bibi at 96384928 to make appt I suppose. All the best!

BTW my C-scar was ok and I recovered remarkably well, even my friends relatives were amazed that I wasn't in pain.. I attribute part of that to his skilful cutting as well. After going home, I only ate 2 pills of painkillers and then I felt I didn't need that anymore.