Edd march 2012

Stay

Thank you pehfam! on cleaning the ear wax, I just saw pd last sat and she suggested to use cotten bud with baby oil too. she said can clean the inside but u need to put ur pinkie against the cotten bud to prevent it from going too deep into the ear.
as for overnight diapers, anyone tried both merries and mamy poko? im wondering which one is better. been using mamy poko for night and merries/huggies for day. but merries is much slimmer so thought its better for the baby?

katsg

Thank you pehfam! on cleaning the ear wax, I just saw pd last sat and she suggested to use cotten bud with baby oil too. she said can clean the inside but u need to put ur pinkie against the cotten bud to prevent it from going too deep into the ear.
as for overnight diapers, anyone tried both merries and mamy poko? im wondering which one is better. been using mamy poko for night and merries/huggies for day. but merries is much slimmer so thought its better for the baby?
Merries is very good and slim. I am using it for night and Huggies for day use. You can use Mamy poko for day use if you want baby to be drier...:)

katsg

Hi, mummies,

Can I know how often ur bb pass motion? My bb seems like don't pass motion everyday now. Sometimes even 2 days also didn't pass motion. Only pass on the 3rd day...@@

Hi, mummies,

Can I know how often ur bb pass motion? My bb seems like don't pass motion everyday now. Sometimes even 2 days also didn't pass motion. Only pass on the 3rd day...@@
Once mine passed only on day 5. Pd say its ok cos may hv digested all the milk up so no need to pass anything out. So long as the day bb poo poo is not the constipated kind. But if it's on FM, then good to monitor and see a pD if necessary.

Stay

Hi, mummies,

Mine started to not pass everyday 3 weeks ago. Brought him to pd who said its normal for his age now even tho on full BM. Is urs on FM or BM? if this is the first time, u might want to take ur baby to see doc. my pd did anal stimulation for my baby using KY gel and a cotton bud. pooed immediately within minutes. but this should only be done if baby never poo for 5-7 days.

Stay

Hi, has anyone started on cereals? Would like to know the difference between starting with brown rice or white rice cereal and also which brand are you using? I wanted to start after 6 months but my baby has been refusing milk. Taking less than 800mls a day sometimes so pd recommended me to start now.

pehfam

Hi, mummies,

Mine bb still pooing everyday, think it's part of his habit, cos everyday either me or my mom would tell him today must poo poo then can go gai gai. There's a few occassion where he would skip 1 day and poo on second day. Once he didn't poo for 2 days and I was so tempted to apply gel, but when I bot the gel on 3rd day he poo immediatly (@ @) My neighbour gal ( who is only 3 days older than my bb) don't poo daily. Her mom told me she can tahan till day 5 then poo ( her bb on full BM while mine on FM)

As long as your bb don't have those very hard poo which could means constipation guess not pooing everyday is fine.

pehfam

Hi, has anyone started on cereals? Would like to know the difference between starting with brown rice or white rice cereal and also which brand are you using? I wanted to start after 6 months but my baby has been refusing milk. Taking less than 800mls a day sometimes so pd recommended me to start now.
wanted to but can't find bellamy organic rice cereals at all, tried NTUC / Cold Storage n Mediya all no stock :( didn't dare to try other brands as the packaging state it contain milk n my bb is lactose intorlerance. My MIL say will help me buy from her chinese physician who actually grind the rice himself together with some herbs. Not too sure if it's brown rice or white rice... Guess at the end of the day it's good to have a mixed of both white rice and brown rice bah.

katsg

Mine started to not pass everyday 3 weeks ago. Brought him to pd who said its normal for his age now even tho on full BM. Is urs on FM or BM? if this is the first time, u might want to take ur baby to see doc. my pd did anal stimulation for my baby using KY gel and a cotton bud. pooed immediately within minutes. but this should only be done if baby never poo for 5-7 days.
Mine is on FM now. This morning he just poo and it is the 3rd day. Normally in the past he poos everyday, if not every 2 days but now it seems if every 2 days never poo, he will poo on the 3rd day. It is not constipated kind of poo but of course stay in the intestines for so long, the paste is drier and thicker than if poo everyday which is more watery...

spiraledpetals

Help!

I have a 5 months old daughter. I still BF her entirely through the night. She sleeps at 7pm every night and before that I will give her 5 OZ of formula. She usually last until 12-1 (sometimes earlier then that) then I'll give her both side of my breast. After that feed, she wakes up once every 2 hours and I realised after 5am, she wakes up even more frequently (sometimes once eery half hour) just to comfort suck.

Is it because she's sleeping too early??

How can I make her quit wakin up so often?

The thing is, she has this weird feeding issue, she refuses to be bottled fed by anyone else besides me too. I'm so stuck and deprived of sleep!!! :mad:

katsg

Help!

I have a 5 months old daughter. I still BF her entirely through the night. She sleeps at 7pm every night and before that I will give her 5 OZ of formula. She usually last until 12-1 (sometimes earlier then that) then I'll give her both side of my breast. After that feed, she wakes up once every 2 hours and I realised after 5am, she wakes up even more frequently (sometimes once eery half hour) just to comfort suck.

The thing is, she has this weird feeding issue, she refuses to be bottled fed by anyone else besides me too. I'm so stuck and deprived of sleep!!! :mad:
Has she been like this since newborn? Probably your supply is running low...

Jaycee

Help!

My son just turned 5mths too. I was pretty lucky that he started sleeping thru the night since he was 1mth old.

My son sleeps pretty late, used to be 11+ but now we are training him to sleep earlier. I breastfeed too but his last feed is formula n he normally sleeps until 7am. Even if he wakes up in e middle of the night, I will still feed formula. This is to let him sleep longer and over time, he gets used to it.

If u would like to give BM, mayb you can express to ensure she is eating enough. Mayb at night she is tired, so she will suckle until she sleeps even if she is still hungry, that's y she keeps waking up.

Another tip is also, in the day, let ur daughter sleep in a brighter room. Don't close the curtains. This is to teach them to differentiate between day n night.

Hope it helps alittle :)

katsg

Me bring bb for 6-in-1 injection yesterday and given him the fever medication immediately as advised by Pediatrician as he had develop a fever previously for the 1st jab. He had been on medication for yesterday and today. So far doing quite well and no fever developed. Think tmr can stop the medication for him liao. His latest weight is 6.96kg...:)

katsg

Do you mummies wake ur bb up for milk if he had slept past 12hr? I realise that if bb slept with my snoring hubby, he will keep waking up and cry at night due to the snoring sound but if my hubby slept in another room, he will sleep soundly till the next morning sometimes even past 12hr after the last feed so checking with you whether is there a need to wake him up if it is past 12hr or just let him auto wake up himself then feed him? :)

hayashi43

wanted to but can't find bellamy organic rice cereals at all, tried NTUC / Cold Storage n Mediya all no stock :( didn't dare to try other brands as the packaging state it contain milk n my bb is lactose intorlerance. My MIL say will help me buy from her chinese physician who actually grind the rice himself together with some herbs. Not too sure if it's brown rice or white rice... Guess at the end of the day it's good to have a mixed of both white rice and brown rice bah.
I bought bellamy rice powder in an organic shop in Harbourfront Centre, it's near mothercare, u may wanna give it a try if u cant find it anywhere near ur place. From what i remembered since last visit, they have quite alot of range of bb food starting from 4th mth.

Hi, mummies,

my twins are on half breastmilk and formula, and they have NOT been passing motion everyday since 3rd mth, nowadays record is abt poo once every 5-6 days. Checked with my PD many times, he said as long as not hard stool and its pasty kind with no blood, then is ok..monday went back for injection, he said can feed bb diluted prune juice and see if constipation getting better.

My son just turned 5mths too. I was pretty lucky that he started sleeping thru the night since he was 1mth old.

My son sleeps pretty late, used to be 11+ but now we are training him to sleep earlier. I breastfeed too but his last feed is formula n he normally sleeps until 7am. Even if he wakes up in e middle of the night, I will still feed formula. This is to let him sleep longer and over time, he gets used to it.

If u would like to give BM, mayb you can express to ensure she is eating enough. Mayb at night she is tired, so she will suckle until she sleeps even if she is still hungry, that's y she keeps waking up.

Another tip is also, in the day, let ur daughter sleep in a brighter room. Don't close the curtains. This is to teach them to differentiate between day n night.

Hope it helps alittle :)
my twins nowadays sleep less in e day, but will have their power sleep after evening feed, no matter breastmilk or FM, they can sleep from 6+ pm till 11-12 am, then after 12 am feeding, they can last another 5 hours at least till 5 am. But 1 thing v funny, both bb no matter they are fed at 5 am or 6 am, they will auto wake up ard 7 am...alarm clocks...=P

they have been on this routine since 3-4 mth old, so nowadays if we r bring them out, we will usually reach home by 6+ pm, so wont disrupt their schedules.

my elder twin doesnt use pacificer, no matter how we tried, he just dont like, and somehow e younger twin who takes pacifier sleep better and more soundly...so maybe can try using pacifier

leesc

wanted to but can't find bellamy organic rice cereals at all, tried NTUC / Cold Storage n Mediya all no stock :( didn't dare to try other brands as the packaging state it contain milk n my baby is lactose intorlerance. My mother in law say will help me buy from her chinese physician who actually grind the rice himself together with some herbs. Not too sure if it's brown rice or white rice... Guess at the end of the day it's good to have a mixed of both white rice and brown rice bah.
Hi pehfam, u may try to buy bellamy from AgapeBabies.com, Your Baby Essentials Store

i have bought happy baby brand for my lil one. it says it content probiotic. so will give it a try. :)

katsg

Gosh, now my bb knows how to flip already he accidentally flip himself twice in the middle of the night and cry as he can't flip back. Then I had to give him a bottle feed to make him sleep back. Anyone's bb aso like that now and any solution to prevent bb from flipping in the cot? @@