Introducing

Bearygum

Hi, I am Tina. First time mum with an one month old baby girl.

I am taking care of baby alone during my maternity leave, which is really challenging.

Hope to know more mummies to share experience and release stress.

primroses12

Hi Tina,
i can imagine how tiring you are to take care of your own baby,same with me here :) now my baby is already 14 mths old,goin to pre-nursery in 4 months time

Bearygum

Hi Jen, yes, it is very tiring especially when she doesn't want to sleep after feeding at night.
I don't use to taking nap during day time, so that's no way i can catch up the rest time lost during night time. :(

Sometime hubby need to work late make me feel so lonely.

I know all this is part of life. Hopefully i can master the skill asap.

primroses12

i think you should try to nap when your baby is nap too otherwise is way too tiring, esp when the baby still very young. they need more attention. if you're not too tired, when the baby sleep at nite while waiting for your hubby,do something that you like. For me,i like to do handicraft & music. Doing things that you like will distract you from being lonely:) btw,keep up the good works,mummy!! your hardwork will be worth it when you see your baby grow so fast :)

Bearygum

This is the reason why i came to this forum. I think chatting with other mums will make me feel better.

Thanks for your advices. ...

LyDeeAna

Bearygum:749729 said:
This is the reason why i came to this forum. I think chatting with other mums will make me feel better.

Thanks for your advices. ...
my child will be born only during April... not much exp that i can share but maybe advices from other mums...

u should nap when ur baby nap to catch up with the energy loss n tiredness... i ws advice that many times too...

it is sad to hear u r on ur own aft birth.. currently im staying on my own can be really bored as my husband works till.late night... usually i go for swimming or library if not watch online movies..
but i have pets to keep me company...

will b moving out to my mil hse next mth as im not allow to stay on my own during 3rd tri, delivery n confinement... gonna have issues adapting coz so use to be on my own n not sure abt my in laws expectations...:(

Bearygum

Hi Ana,

i also only stay with hubby and pet (he is a naughty pug). of course now my baby girl as well.

I can tell u all the routine will change after baby arrive. And you should feel fortunate that your family care so much about you.

i remember my confinement lady told me i should enjoy myself during my confinement period since she is there to take care of me and my baby. At that time, i don't appreciate because i don't use to have another person stay at my house. only after she left then i start to miss her, especially her help to take care of baby.

LyDeeAna

Hi Bearygum,

how long did ur confinement lady stay with you.

i have 2cats 1kitten. extremely close to them as they sleep with me everyday. putting them at my dad's hse when im away. gonna miss them very badly.

alot of ppl told me that things will change once have baby. they say u dun even have time for yourself. at the same time im bored of being hsewife intend to go back to working life. but again ppl say you wont want to be away from u once he is born. kinda confuse actually.. 13more weeks to go...

LyDeeAna

I'm turnin 21 tis yr :)[/QUOTE]

woo... young!!! r u a 1st time mummy too? i am n eager for the born of my little one :)

Bearygum

Hi Ana, my confinement lady stay with me for 28 days. Even now i still miss her especially when i have no clue what my baby want from m3. :confused:

You shouldn't think too much now as you will know what to do when time is right.

Yesterday my baby took less milk than usual after her afternoon feed and she even didn't wake up for night feed, which really made me worry a lot. I couldn't sleep well, keep waking up and check if she is ok. I am still monitoring her. Hopefully everything is ok.

LyDeeAna

Hi Bearygum,

Since im a girl i loves babies alot!!!! but only one issue... whenever baby cry i will get scared n pass back to the mummy.. wonder how im gonna handle mine...

have u tried asking other mummies?? in case they exp it too...

LyDeeAna

Hi Christina,

that must be great!!!! eagerly waiting for mine!!! in 27wks now... my only prob is so far i only gain 1kg... lost 12kg in 1st tri... but so far everything fine... n my tummy is small despite nearly 7mths...