EDD September 2013 Mummies

skt

@skt,I was told not to eat crab too, cos it could be 'poison' to baby..Chinese also below dont eat 'many legs, hands animal' Hahaa else baby 多手多脚..
yes, I am told the same too! But I cannot resist crabs during last CNY, hopefully baby will not itchy hand keep touching things. As for the toxic, my colleague also said crabs contain a little poison, so she asked me to stop for a long after my last crabby meal. So now, I try to tolerate not to touch crabs. :shyxxx:

Yes but on alternate days. Towards the end was horrid but you'll manage=) You'll peak at week 10 as HCG level is at it's highest. I really recommend that you eat white rice as it's solid or bread with jam maybe raspberry/strawberry kind. You have to eat something so that your vomit will not be white bubbly nor acid. I doubt you can even stop the vomit thus best you eat something to lesson the urge to vomit. You need the energy after vomiting too. So, eat something solid. Eat porridge. It works for me at least help by a bit. But it was horrid=(...
So it's the HCG level... thanks! I quite like porridge, but my first vomit vomit actually came after porridge, so it left me a little phobia till now. :nah:
I am now trying out to eat bread. Hope we'll get better the soonest. I have known a mother has to go through so much before giving birth to a baby... makes me love my mum even more.

Sunbeams

@skt - thanks for advice on massage! Appreciate it :)

I used to like porr but not Anymore coz it tastes blend? But I still like chilly! N curry puffs.. Dunno why.
Noodles/ bee hoon works for me but have been eating so often that I feel sick.

Anyone wakes up at night then can't get back to sleep? It happens to be like everyday :(

Also, I have pple wondering if I m pregnant but honestly since 1st pregnancy, I think too early to show coz baby so small only! I think it's my bloated tummy :( feel quite sian that it's the wrong reason.. Ha.. The tummy too high for pregnancy I think... Shldt pregnant pple have their bump lower?

A mummy

skt darling, yes, I can't eat porridge earlier, unless I put some sambal. If not, I feel like I am a sick patient and I'll just throw up. Yes I understand your phobia.Mine is sardine cook with sambal.Never will attempt that anymore.

A mummy

@skt - thanks for advice on massage! Appreciate it :)

I used to like porr but not Anymore coz it tastes blend? But I still like chilly! N curry puffs.. Dunno why.
Noodles/ bee hoon works for me but have been eating so often that I feel sick.

Anyone wakes up at night then can't get back to sleep? It happens to be like everyday :(

Also, I have pple wondering if I m pregnant but honestly since 1st pregnancy, I think too early to show coz baby so small only! I think it's my bloated tummy :( feel quite sian that it's the wrong reason.. Ha.. The tummy too high for pregnancy I think... Shldt pregnant pple have their bump lower?
Yes I can't sleep when I woke up to pee or when I randomly wake up every hour due to nightmare or because I felt warm. Then, I can't sleep back. Now at 14 weeks, it's worst. I can't even sleep sometimes. But I am very fatique.

Yes and bump should be lower. Mine is like way up because of bloatedness. Maybe soon when the baby grows then we will not look bloated but will look like a sharp fundus(uterus top part) coming out of the tummy.That will be slightly lower and look pregnant rather than the bloatedness.lol

A mummy

I just did my massage last week because my leg was so achy. I am so tired but felt better after that. But please do not go for reflexology.Maybe a nice slow relaxing massage is good to ease the day's work of making baby.hehe.

A mummy

Babywipes: I run and play hockey for a club but stopped after I found out I was pregnant! Imagine my misery now..feeling like a lump of lard!hhahahaha!

I tried jogging at abt 7-8weeks,felt ok but gynae said a strict no! So now am juz briskwalking about 5km daily..waiting till things are more stable then most prob I will start running again..^_^
Wow 5km? and daily? 7-8 weeks you won't feel so much of the fatigue. Towards 12 weeks you'll sleep like every hour. I hope you are not as unfortunate as I am.I can't even walk 400m.

A mummy

because Crabs belong to the "liang" or cooling type of food in T.C.M context.
In western context, crabs are toxic.
so better avoid.

As for shrimps or prawns, i read somewhere that we can have average 2 meals of prawns per week.
Maybe you can just reduce the amount of prawns you eat from now on.

StellaC

Argh, vomiting came back three days ago when I was thinking my ms is going away! Praying that this is the peak before the end of ms. I had my worst days during 8-10 weeks and now it's back, why? But I keep telling myself it's gonna be over soon and before I know it I'd be back to having great energy, doing normal activities like working and shopping and hanging out with friends...

Naangfaa

Ok, I hope I'm replying to the right people!hehehe!

Sunbeams: Light massage is ok but reflexology is a complete no-no. The foot masseuse I went to said he doesn't advise it coz it can cause miscarriage as reflexology focuses on some points and nerves that are connected to your uterus.

skt: Ok now when I brisk walk I will always be reminded of your statement of baby going boing and going dizzy! hahahahaha!

StellaC: 5km is still quite ok for me coz I'm used to running longer distances before this. And pole dancing? wahh...that is sooo happening can! I've alwyas wanted to try but shy la..hahahaha!

A Mummy: I feel sleepy everyday too..hehe..Actually I'm 11 weeks today, 7-8weeks was when I tried to jog..but now briskwalk only la..dare not take e risk..^_^ I hope I get my energy back soon..it's a bit tiring to feel sleepy but U can't sleep coz U have to work! hehehe!

Naangfaa

Argh, vomiting came back three days ago when I was thinking my ms is going away! Praying that this is the peak before the end of ms. I had my worst days during 8-10 weeks and now it's back, why? But I keep telling myself it's gonna be over soon and before I know it I'd be back to having great energy, doing normal activities like working and shopping and hanging out with friends...
yaa!!! I'm just counting down to the end of my first trimester! it should be around 13 weeks right? 2 mre weeks to go! arghhh!!!

raoow

Went to the doctor for my check up today and based on my u/s, seems like baby is 12 weeks instead of 11 weeks! Yay! And baby was waving at us during the scan. So cute. My nuchal scan is next Thursday. Took blood today already. Hopefully all is well!!!!

A mummy

Went to the doctor for my check up today and based on my u/s, seems like baby is 12 weeks instead of 11 weeks! Yay! And baby was waving at us during the scan. So cute. My nuchal scan is next Thursday. Took blood today already. Hopefully all is well!!!!
Happy to hear that. Your baby is growing big that means. What do you usually eat? My baby is catching up but lacking behind the week it's suppose to be. Oh you went for nuchal scan?Is it compulsory? At 12 weeks my baby not even moving, you are so lucky baby can wave.hehe:Dancing_wub:

skt

Sunbeams: I wake up many times a night too (despite I turn in at 10pm), can be as worse as once every hour and it has to be like 3am plus then I can finally sleep till the next morning. I wakeup for many reasons like, snores, the urge to go toilet, warm and uncomfortable.
Sometimes easy to get back to sleep, sometimes have to toss left right for awhile then can sleep.

Naangfaa: haha, the boing boing is just my own analogy, but does sound a little logical to me. I recall drinking water before a run and I felt the water inside my going up and down, so I apply the same analogy on the little one side me. LOL

raoow: sounds so cute to see your little one waving, another unforgetable moment for you!

StellaC: I miss hanging out with my friends too!

A mummy

A mummy

because Crabs belong to the "liang" or cooling type of food in T.C.M context.
In western context, crabs are toxic.
so better avoid.

As for shrimps or prawns, i read somewhere that we can have average 2 meals of prawns per week.
Maybe you can just reduce the amount of prawns you eat from now on.
I learnt somethg today thanks . :red:I'll keep a watch on it.=)

raoow

Happy to hear that. Your baby is growing big that means. What do you usually eat? My baby is catching up but lacking behind the week it's suppose to be. Oh you went for nuchal scan?Is it compulsory? At 12 weeks my baby not even moving, you are so lucky baby can wave.hehe:Dancing_wub:
I've not been eating healthily actually! Cos of ms. Sometimes I have ice cream for breakfast when it's bad. Been having loads of Macs big breakfast with extra sausage patty as it agrees with my stomach. Though I only have half a muffin. And drinking Cantonese soup like lotus root soup, water cress soup and sometimes even pig intestine soup ( which I love ). Some days, I only have salad and minestrone/ mushroom soup. Been craving for duck meat though!

The nuchal scan isn't compulsory. But encouraged.

I think baby moved cos I drank hot chocolate just before the appointment in the waiting room! Sugar rush. LOL.

Last edited:

raoow

I lose sleep too! Usually I need at least 10 hours a day. I'll wake up about 1pm everyday. But ever since I got pregnant, been sleeping later and waking up latest 11am. Sucks. Will wake up twice to pee in the middle of the night and sometimes when I get back to sleep, I can't. Or it feels like I barely slept. And my dreams are super vivid!