EDD Mar 2014

honeygirl

Dear yellow0075,
yup ! I aalso heard from my friends who used to get from there .
Too bad , by the time I came back frm Bkk then know ...

jadeite

oohh really?!? from boots? I bought 120 japanese milk bags at the previous expo, and today bought 50 lansinoh ones... don't know if I've overestimated my milk supply hahah. really hope that I have good milk supply for baby :/ I'll definitely check boots out!! there's one at MBK

rachie82

Rachie : boy ( first time mummy)
layla: boy

maviss: boy
allie: boy
jadeite: prob girl
jo: prob girl
lltan: prob girl
phoebii: girl
taboo: girl ( 2nd time mummy)
tpy: unknown

Last edited:

jadeite

I'm a first time mummy...first grandchild too on both sides... Plus first great grandchild on my mum's side... So it's quite exciting! I'm due 26 march...

LH779

first time mum to a baby boy :)

went to the fair on Sunday afternoon. not many pple at all. mainly purpose was to buy some jumpsuit for newborn. but NB size one not much. still end up buying like 10 pieces of clothings (various sizes) for my little one. so far I only got like 2-3 pieces of NB clothings for BB, would that be enough? cos the NB size is really tiny... but i think it's still necessary right? otherwise my BB will be naked or he will forever be wearing 'oversize' clothes. I also bought 2 swaddle, but i got a question, do I let BB wear clothes before putting him in the swaddle or dun have to?

think need to wear clothes then swaddle bah. if not you balek wrap the baby then he will be naked? hehe

i'm first time mummy expecting a baby girl!

jadeite

I was told not to buy too many nb outfits... Especially since a lot of people will buy for you as gifts and they grow out v fast.. -also cuz you never know if baby comes out big and may not fit newborn. More important is to buy some newborn outfit that buttons in the front or is the kimono tie kind... So that you can easily access belly button area to clean.

Maybe can buy one super nice outfit for the first month celebration... I got a lot of newborn hand me downs so won't be buying.

Monz actually not too stressful, lucky my families all v easygoing and cheerful one hehe. I'm more concerned that my baby won't have any cousins to play with for awhile... So lonely!!

jadeite

went for the Mt A and TMC hospital tours today... TMC seems more "professional" while Mt A seems more caring and cosy... price difference also quite big. Parking situation equally bad... to cut a long story short, will most likely be going with Mt Alvernia... tough choice for me though. If anyone is interested in the differences that I noted, let me know and I can share... anyone else choosing btw the two hospitals?

tpy

I m v determined to go for mt a rather than tcm as I heard all the good experiences from my friends who gave birth in mt a. My friends experiences with tmc were most not gd n tmc is abit commercialized I feel.

monz

Don worry jade u can rush sibling for ur baby. Haha.

Im expecting a bb girl (2nd). Ms still as bad even already 21 weeks. Omg.. any mummies having this problem.

LH779

jade - i'm also choosing between Mt A and TMC, but more incline towards Mt A. As what tpy mention my friends say the nurses more caring at Mt A.
but then last week when I went Mt A for my detailed scanning I find the place a bit 'run-down' it's like old and difficult to maneuver around the place. what room type will you be choosing Jade? they seems to have a lot of different category of single room any difference?

monz - maybe it's tapering down already. i'm in my 20 weeks, still have MS, but I can feel that it's not as bad as the initial period. Jia you, Jia you, it will pass...

LH, i also went for Mt A tour last week. The main diff between the single and the single deluxe is that the deluxe version has room hi-fi set and electric kettle. That's all. And the difference is about $80. Prob explains why all the single rooms were full and the single deluxe isn't.

We are choosing the single room, but the lady also explained that in the event that the single rooms are full, they may have to upgrade/downgrade your room while waiting for your preferred. Its not free upgrade, you need to pay the higher room fees if you choose to upgrade. if i'm not wrong, you cannot downgrade after you upgrade. However, if you choose to downgrade at the start, you pay cheaper room fees, pro-rated until you move back to single room.

tpy

is it true that we have to bring along our own pajamas if we were to stay at Mt A as i was told during the rise and shine fair that they don't provide patient wear to mummies anymore?

Reagan

Hi all mtbs

Im expecting my no2. Gender unknown yet as baby refuse to cooperate during the scan. Sigh, hopefully by my Detailed scan on 11 nov, I will be able to find out.

For mummies with no 2, do you opt for 1 bedded or 2 bedded? coz I intend to take 1 bedded but Hub not staying with me as he need to go hm and company #1 but same time, I quite afraid to be stay in 1 room by myself...

jadeite

Yes tpy I also felt that way about TMC and Mt A. Even the tour conductor staff from TMC, even though she was nice, felt the tour was more commercial, tour finished in half hour, whereas the Mt A tour I felt was more comprehensive and lasted almost an hour, plus the lady was warmer and friendlier. more like the aunty type, haha.

We saw a few different wards, the lady told us if they give you the single room 329, must ask for another room cuz 329 is the super small single room. The rest of the rooms all different size and shape but look quite nice. The delivery suite at TMC looks much newer and nicer though I think medically wise should be the same. Aesthetics only.

yellow I think the lady said that if they have not enough rooms, they will charge pro-rated if they move you to single halfway from a double for example. but if you halfway decide you don't like double and want to switch to single, they will charge you for single room thru-out the whole stay.

Tpy ya they said bring your own clothes but if I am not wrong, you can borrow hospital wear from them also. Only that the hospital top is not button or zip so not good for bf.

I will take 1-bedded most likely... Want to room in with baby as much as possible, and heard a lot of stories abt neighbors with noisy visitors who make it v hard for you to rest..some even said that the neighbor's husband walked into the toilet while they were inside... and if you get the bed near the door, all the visitors will peek inside your curtain to see if it is the correct person. Plus I'm quite sure my whole extended family is going to come down and visit me in hospital, and they can be quite rowdy themselves haha. so better to get a single room. Then hubs can rest also if he wants to.

if anyone is interested in hydrotherapy, TMC charges only $210 while Mt A charges $500 and must have doula. Extra $300 if you want water birth.

Last edited:

jadeite

Oh ya Reagan if you take 1-bedded in Mt A, you can let your older kid room in with you, they charge companion fee. You can also pay double companion fee and they will let husband plus one child stay, some more they will provide cot for older kid if needed. TMC does not allow kids to room in with husband, only one person allowed.

Last edited: