EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Tannie

Agreed, kids r v smart... I started training my gal when she can sit up properly, thn my mum spoil it just one time, carry her when she fuss, after that she refuse to sit in car seat, I let her cry all the way from west to east n back from east to west, after that she knew I will not carry her no matter what...

I ate orange for both my pregnancy... It help to quench my thirst in hot weather, I think it's better thn artifical soft drinks... Dun think it has any issue.

Lingz12

meltie:856247 said:
Meltie.. which mothercare outlet did u go where e medela bundle is out of stock? I feel like gg to try.. Cos initially I tot the medela bundle is nt complete, i.e. no cooler bag and ice brick etc.. But my hubby's fren jus watsapp me a picture of her bundle.. the box seems to include e complete set.. if so, then the bundle is a steal!
I went to Harborfront mothercare... hmm is the set complete? I'm tempted to buy too!!
Meltie.. I checked with them oredi.. Freestyle bundle out of stock across all participating outlets.. Not restocking.. They offered me medela swing instead.. pfft..

CharChia

did not train her coz my husband didn't have a car... he just bought a second-hand car... We aren't really worried coz she is so much like me... always sleeping in a moving vehicle so she doesn't move around alot... she doesn't like to be confine and strap down at all... she doesn't like her baby cot nor playpen and she can't sit still in her stroller...

With regards to orange, yes if u take too much it causes phelgm and asthma for baby... it happen for my friend as her craving is always orange... but I think for her is a bit too much coz she drinks the juice and eats one orange after each meal...

kokoleka

Thank you Lingz12 and Meltie for your input. I've posted this question in 2013 mummies thread to see if anyone had eaten oranges regularly and what the outcome was but no one responded :(

Wow it seems like many of you have started buying stuff. I haven't bought anything at all except paint for the nursery and still waiting for hubby to paint the nursery hopefully by this weekend. No name for baby yet too. Names are tough! Either the nice ones are taken or the rest sound odd. Chinese names worse. Really don't know where to start. :|

What I've done mostly is to reorganize the rest of the entire house so that I'll be more organised and less flustered when baby arrives. Added cabinets in the kitchen, a dressing table in my master bedroom to help me get ready for going out faster, an extra cabinet underneath my dressing table to keep the room neat and put some diapers there so I can change baby if he happens to soil himself while in my room and a toilet paper tote in the bathroom so that I don't have to walk to the storeroom to get new rolls everytime the TP in my room runs out.

Does anyone know if there are any upcoming baby fairs in March?

Tannie

Time to start slowly preparing n buying stuffs. There is a Baby expo at suntec this weekend, next weekend will be Baby fair at expo, end of feb to march will hv babyfair ay taka, check them out.

erlina040

Hi mummies,

Ever since I change phone and I couldn't find the app and end up not logging into the forum. A lot to catch up from all of you.

Was also busy with number one and I realised for this number 2, I am not doing much preparation, as compared to when in preparation for number one.

Hi Tannie, can also add me into the facebook page: my email address is vialuck@hotmail.com

Lingz12

Hey hey Erlina! Haha.. so happy to see u here.. me too! Not as prepared as I am with #1.. so now a bit panic liao.. Like everything dou haven buy.. tsk tsk..

meltie

Same! I haven't bought anything for my no.2.... maybe diapers and some sleepwear at the fair bah.. the rest pass down frm no.1... lol :p feel guilty that no.2 has to take her jiejie's stuff...

Lingz12

Actualli come to tink of it.. I dunno wat to buy.. Maybe diapers? And stroller.. And breast pump.. And sme new bottles.. I need to relook at wat clothes I have for newborn to decide if I need to buy clothes for #2.. Like nothing le hor?

Actualli im guilty towards #2 cos I hardly spoke to him.. I rem always toking to my #1 wen she was still inside e tummy.. Now I onli speak to #2 if I need him to stop stomping on my bladder or for him to cooperate during those scans.. Also guilty tat I dun seem to be as excited about him as I was with jie jie.. At this stage last time, I probably bought everything I need oredi from the cute rompers to the cute mittens and booties.. Now im still contemplating if I shld buy or just let him wear jie jie's.. Haha.. And I haven even tot of a name for him! By this stage last pregnancy, I oredi had like a long list of names shortlisted for jie jie lor..

Then im guilty towards jie jie too.. Sighz.. I discovered I was preggie shortly after she turned 1.. Tat's e stage wen she's learning to walk and keeps coming to me for cuddles.. But I couldn't carry her long as I've got a shaky first trimester.. Then as the bump gets bigger now, I can't carry her as long as I would like, as long as she would like.. And it doesnt help tat recently she dun wan her papa to carry her, always me and me onli.. But I had to surrender her to papa after 10min max cos realli cant take it.. And she will whine and pout and cry.. When she's full of steam now running everywhere, im guilty I dun hav e stamina to catch up with her.. And then wen didi is out, I know for sure she will feel neglected.. And I felt sad for her already! Sobz.. Pardon this emo mama.. :'(

Tannie

Same here, I did not talk to #2 too... din even bother to play music... even my hubby hardly talk to #2 like we did for #1.

I dun really need to get new clothes cause same gender... alot of things jie jie use are hands down so I m not guilty towards mei mei...

Guess I only need new bottles n a new rocker cause the previous one is spoilt.

I dun think kids will know if they are using hands down stuffs so dun hv to feel guilty bah... I also wore my sisters' old clothes last time n I dun feel anything.

I am only wondering shld I get another set of hankies n towels for no.2

Piglim

Same here gals... Haiz.. I feel so bad towards my #2...
I just came back from my china holiday during the cny festive for a week. Went to Xiamen.. Was enjoyable and each time I bring my son for a holiday I realised he learned and pick up new things! And he actually eats more (maybe cos weather cold) however it was exhausting. Very. Had to walk alot. And u know lah it's always us women doing the packing n unpacking so it's more work for me. I enjoyed myself still. Spine hurts alot and I know I really exhaust myself. Came back sg for my gynae check up and gynae says my baby tummy small althou length of arms and length ok. Demanded that I rest more and eat more. I also realised I can't slp on my sides.. Think that could also have affect baby's growth ;((( tried to prop pillow behind my back but sometimes I wake up realising I m slping on my back again! When I had #1 I can't even tahan slping on my back cos can't breathe but this time round so different! Anyone experiencing the same thing?

sigh really worried for my #2. I also seldom speak to her as much as I did to my son. It's so difficult to divide my time now. I don't intend to buy new infant clothes cos my son also wore pass down clothes. Will only start buying when she is older. Cod too young we also won't bring her out. So prob by 3mths above then will start buying for her. ESP since my 1st is a boy so all the clothes are so boyish abit not possible to pass down. Only clothes like slp wear?

next mth intending to put my son to playground for whole day kind. Putting him at a Montessori sch. Anyone put their child in sch Le mah? Cos I want to prep him before my gal comes out. Don't want him to think that once my daughter is out he is being ignored. Of cos I worry that he will fall sick often. Sigh.. But it's not possible for my mil to look after two children at the same time. Even now she alrdy has problem (she's been problematic since his birth) so ya.. And I want my #2 to hv the same attention care and love when I had #1. (Trying to be fair here) sigh... Montessori sch are really ex but I don't trust government sch like "my 1st skool" after reading all the reviews and abuse cases... the sch I m putting him is at rainforest preschool. Relatively new-started mid last year and it's at novena area. (Near my Plc) the environment is very nice also. But wonder after I send him there can I afford to send my daughter there in future also..

Sigh.. Now I know it's not easy to be fair. I used to grumble that my parents treat me unfairly (middle child syndrome?) so now I understand better...

Lingz12

Yeah.. i oso wan to be fair but is it possible? I hope so..

My current nanny said she cant cope with 2 bubs.. so im planning to put my girl in childcare after my maternity leave and let nanny take care of #2.. I din consider my girl will feel neglected if I onli put her in sch after didi is out.. Oops.. But im tinking more of trying to delay as much as possible the day she goes to school.. cos no matter we like it or not, they are definitely gonna fall sick more frequently once they start school.. so I hope by delaying as long as I can, we can build a stronger immune system for her.. by the time she starts childcare, she would be 23mths.. And I registered her in learning vision in my office building so tat I can keep a lookout.. hee..