10 percentile height for baby girls?

wuming79

Any statistics that show the range of height girls will grow up to if she is in the 10 percentile height at 7 mths now? I'm a concern on her height growth.

Pocoyo80

Hi Wuming79,

The health booklet will have a section that shows the statistics of the normal range of heights. Did the PD mention anything to be concern of? I think if she cleared the milestones at appropriate age, she should be fine. The PD will also check if her weight gain and height are of the same percentile. If they are quite well distributed, she could be belong to the petite size.

wuming79

We only went to polyclinic for checkup. Height and weight still in 10%. Whenever I see 10%, my thought is her downside is so near.

lynnliew

Are you or your spouse small-built? It could be genetic. Anyway baby kip on changing everyday... my son change from 50% height & weight to 97% for both...
my daughter from 90%...for weight & height become 50%... at 1 yr+ due to teething...then goes back to 97% for both now. So i believe the % can up & down as the baby grows. Most impt...height & weight around the same percentile. If your ger is able to meet her milestone generally then dun worry too much. As to how tall they will grow up to be.... genes play a very big part other than eating nutritious food & having enough sleep/rest.